IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

Another thing to consider in Oddball, although it relates to a situation that you will probably not end up in very often. When you are holding the ball the match timer stops, which means obviously when no one is holding the ball the match timer runs. If you are in a situation when you are leading say 70-60, and there are only 5-10 seconds on the clock, you are better off dropping the ball and letting the timer run out (while obviously defending the ball from the opposition).

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Another thing to consider in Oddball, although it relates to a situation that you will probably not end up in very often. When you are holding the ball the match timer stops, which means obviously when no one is holding the ball the match timer runs. If you are in a situation when you are leading say 70-60, and there are only 5-10 seconds on the clock, you are better off dropping the ball and letting the timer run out (while obviously defending the ball from the opposition).

Thats not very sportsmanlike.

I approve.

5 minutes ago, Oz said:

Do you guys know how this scoreboard is organised. Does the order of the team names mean anything? I don’t understand why this dude who carried the team is show third place for example. 

89A1099D-43B5-4427-A9EE-30AE3F8182AE.jpeg

I don’t think it’s in any particular order there.

ATTN: FELLOW OLDIES

I changed my armour colour from purple to brown. Since then, I have died less often. In fact, I went up a tier in 3 matches. It would seem that logic trumps comedy value, so bear that in mind if you actually care about rank!

Just now, CheekyLee said:

ATTN: FELLOW OLDIES

I changed my armour colour from purple to brown. Since then, I have died less often. In fact, I went up a tier in 3 matches. It would seem that logic trumps comedy value, so bear that in mind if you actually care about rank!

97CFF67C-6E0A-4876-80D0-37BB324026CB.gif

my hypothesis is this sort of variable will only make a 0.01% difference on the extreme ends of the bell curve. the difference between grey and dark brown has to be negligible when talking about a couple of 40 something dads trying to aim at each other using a controller after a busy day at work, putting 2-3 kids to bed, and many years of carpal tunnel syndrome. I am going to call the difference you are noticing placebo effect. go ahead and equip your purple outfit and feel good about yourself. live a little. we are all running out of time. no one will check your k/d after the fact. 

I'm puzzled by the way they're acting like changing playlists is some technical hurdle that'll take some time to figure out. I'm not a dev, but surely in most games out there it's the definition of something you set up so you can edit them very quickly at the flick of a virtual switch.

In my opinion it is generally the wrong idea to jump into quick play being too keen on winning. You need to be fine with people joining or leaving or being AWK and just focus on having a good time and just generally being purple. Ranked is where I would go to try hard. To be more aligned in mindset with your teammates. I have ruined some of my evenings by letting myself go on tilt when all I intended was to unwind with a couple of quick matches. 

17 hours ago, Oz said:

hey why are people quiting oddball in droves? I have noticed that too

I find that a lot of players aren’t fussed about getting points and see it as more as team death match. Zero teamwork at times.