IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

The Magnum is back to being a great weapon imo.  I love it so much and it's way better than it was in Halo 3 or 4.

Only played for an hour on the training mode so far, using default aiming sensitivities.  I don't think I'll start faffing around with them unless anything feels wonky as I get more used to the game.

I  only remember the weapons up to Halo 3 or 4, and all the new fangled ones since then are unknown to me, so it's going to be ages before I get used to them and find a combo that I like.  Until then I'll stick with BR/Magnum, or Sniper/Magnum (even though I'm by far not that good with the sniper, I still love it).

Some questions from me.

I've got it on PC (using an old wired 360 pad - I can't get on with KB+M), and have so far tried the Steam version.  Has anyone else on PC played both the Steam Version and/or the XBox app version?  I just loaded the Xbox app version, and it's already got the exact same settings I chose for the Steam version, so maybe it's sharing some of the same game files?  Even after it finished downloading in the Xbox app, I can't find another install folder other than the one in Steam local apps... 🤷‍♂️

Is the XBox App version considered console, or still PC and will it at all affect crossplay with console players?

When this game is released properly, will this free multiplayer version become locked and I'll need to pay for it?

Also, if anyone wants to have a useless random tag along dude with a strong farmers accent bringing your team scores down, please add me

Steam - tehdisco

XboxLive - The Disco

7 minutes ago, The Disco said:

When this game is released properly, will this free multiplayer version become locked and I'll need to pay for it?

Nup, the mp element is totally free to play. :)

add me up (gt: geldra).  I mostly play after 8 for a little while and mostly solo-ing it (cry emoji), so feel free to jump in if you see me on.  

I GOT A RAVAGER KILL!

Only, it didn't register. Now, this had already happened with the final Sidekick kill, but as I got that from the next match I wasn't too bothered. But, obviously, this one is tough enough without the challenge being borked. Have you tried the Ravager? Might as well try to kill with a feather duster.

So, I watch the match in Theatre, to capture it and publicly demand from 343 to explain "WHY WASN'T THIS A KILL?", but on the Theatre version it shows as an assist. A bloody assist! That is quite singularly annoying, especially as whoever got the kill stole it from my 99% of the work.

Sigh. Onwards with Fiesta, I guess.

Just been playing a few games of this and as much as I love it and think it’s a real return to form, there are a couple of tweaks I hope they make before the proper launch.

1. Being able to filter games by region. I find it quite noticeable when playing against Americans, which leads onto…

2. Stop the phasing through enemies. If there’s just a tiny bit of lag and you’re going in for the melee, you’ll often end up right through them wondering where you are. It’s really disorienting. It was never like this in this previous games was it?

3. Allow camera control upon death, so you can have a look around and see where you were killed from.

4. The obvious one - filter out mouse/keyboard. I just don’t want to play against PC players, especially now it’s apparently rife with cheaters.

Sort those and I’ll be more than happy. In fact, is there anywhere you can give feedback to 343?

7 minutes ago, Shook said:

Wasn’t there an official means during the flights? I thought so. 

if not, twitter? I do t know how engaged they are on there though. 

I think only a few select people got asked for feedback during the flights and I don’t use twitter.

I’ll have a look on their site to see if there’s anything.

I didn't realise this records all your games should you want to watch them back. Equally you can view any of your friends games; select a friend, select match history then select a game to watch. You can view from any players perspective, 1st or 3rd person.

From datamining its looking quite likely that the Tactical Ops event (8th February) will be like the current event but with a different playlist (most people are guessing SWAT) instead of Fiesta. I really hope 343 don't continue down this route of stripping out gamemodes that were just generally standard options in the past games and only allowing people to play them during limited time 'events'.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

@Kryptonian I keep meaning to ask, was it you I bought my copy of Halo 3 from way back when so I could play it on the weekend before release? It was when Argos messed up and gave out a bunch early.

I’m not sure.

I have this photo in my camera roll from 22/09/2007:

F21CD0EA-3934-42CD-A147-62CA8C8966BC.thumb.jpeg.85e143545d05274f153db4e4fdd1e7ec.jpeg

Which was 3 days before launch and then I got the waste of money plastic helmet version when it arrived so I might have sold this one or kept it for system link/multi player or something?

AEC9B3B8-E431-418C-8EFA-1A0DBB07340F.thumb.jpeg.24c0c05aa3ccd982a2bc0730993d021a.jpeg

This is from 10th Sept 2010 though, 4 days before launch.

Doesn’t happen these days with digital though 😩

Ah, Halo nostalgia 

4 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

If this doesn't launch with a Slayer only playlist I might just bin it completely. I don't want to sit in a playlist hoping I get the thing I actually want to play.

Do you think maybe you will grow to like some of the other modes in the interim? Like you mum forcing you to eat the vegetables 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

Do you think maybe you will grow to like some of the other modes in the interim? Like you mum forcing you to eat the vegetables 

Not when people either leave them because they can't get whatever stupid challenge they need, or don't play the objective so they can farm kills.

I’ve been really enjoying being forced to mix it up to be honest, especially now they have re-balanced it so it’s not oddball 9 times out of 10. Playing in ranked people generally seem to actually try and play the objective.

Maybe we’ve been lucky but playing with in the solo/duos queue with @Kryptonianor the main queue when we have another with us I can’t think of a single drop out.

However I’m sure it will get a Slayer only 4v4 playlist along with an FFA playlist come proper launch. Hoping for a SWAT as well.

I've mentioned it earlier in the thread but if you have any interest in watching top level Halo then I would really recommend checking out the NA HCS open qualifiers from two weeks ago.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1212360115

The grand final is just something else (from 2hr 55 in that stream), not only is it top quality Halo but the games are just so close that you never know quite what the outcome is going to be.