IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

There's an achievement for killing someone with the Ravager at full charge, iirc. So you spend ten minutes juicing that baby up, let it fly and don't even tickle their shield.

Then you get punched in the face and die.

I'm an AR man, all the way. Which is why I'll never play ranked, did it for a challenge and it's replaced with DMRs as the basic loadout - sucks all the fun clean out of the game for me..

22 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I've never understood this burning desire for cross-play. It can get to absolute fuck. 

Clearly you’ve not tried to get a match of Halo 5 or Titanfall 2 recently. The player populations are tiny. Halo 5 you’ll find a game but it’ll jsut take ages (even well before the Infinite network tests), TF2 you may not even get one.

9 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

There's an achievement for killing someone with the Ravager at full charge, iirc. So you spend ten minutes juicing that baby up, let it fly and don't even tickle their shield.

Then you get punched in the face and die.

I'm an AR man, all the way. Which is why I'll never play ranked, did it for a challenge and it's replaced with DMRs as the basic loadout - sucks all the fun clean out of the game for me..

Ooooooooooooooh I got that one too!

Screenshot_20211124-092040.thumb.jpg.11366a8713d5e782382cea7278fa09fc.jpg

I have no idea what I'm doing with most of these weapons.

As the official no.1 player in the UK for Ranked Super Fiesta in Halo 5 (at one point...) you can all consider yourselves to be terrible fun at parties 😝 I think it's a great game type to mess about with different combinations of weapons/equipment.

26 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Ooooooooooooooh I got that one too!

Screenshot_20211124-092040.thumb.jpg.11366a8713d5e782382cea7278fa09fc.jpg

I have no idea what I'm doing with most of these weapons.

Holy shit, remind me never to match off against you if you can pull stuff like this off.

(Trembles in fear)

I do also think they've disappeared up their own backsides a bit during development. New players have a crazy amount of in game lore to absorb to get a handle on what works and what doesn't. Both the challenge terminology and in-game weapon names are definitely confusing to new players - it's not a rocket launcher now, it's the 'SP4NKR' or some shit. It's not a shotgun, it's the 'Bulldog'! It's not an assisted suicide device, it's the 'Ravager'!

And there's about a million of these guns. Sometimes I'll pick up the Heatsink (Shotgun 2) and wonder if it's the Cindershot. (Grenade launcher)

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

I'm really really bad at it.

"Oooh this gun looks big - I wonder how it works?  I'll just zoom in and try to find..."

*WHACK*

Dead

*Respawns with new gun that I also have never seen before or know how it works* 

^Is how the matches generally went. I just managed to get some poor cunt from across the map on that one that has a man cannon in a city-like setting that spawns vehicles.

Fiesta was fun for a few rounds last night. Completely unbalanced but thats OK, it swings back and forth, but when you get the hammer and a sniper.....oh baby!

I've barely had a chance to play with some of the power weapons like the sniper and it was fun to just try them out in a competitive game. Just taking out a weakened banshee with a single snipe feels good. 

I've been through the weapons drills and some of them still look too similar for my tastes. I picked up a BR yesterday, thought it was a Commando and got murdered when it didn't auto fire because it's a burst weapon.

Just now, moosegrinder said:

I lolled.

I've not played it too much but I've never seen half of these weapons in the standard mode. Are the shock ones and ravager and that the ones that spawn in?

That's another good question. Some weapons are definitely rarer than others, like the Hydra. It's not on par with the rocket launcher or Gravity Hammer for example, but it's probably classed as a power weapon.

Sure made my 10 hydra kills challenge never happen. Couldn't find the thing.

Just now, Kayin Amoh said:

I've been through the weapons drills and some of them still look too similar for my tastes. I picked up a BR yesterday, thought it was a Commando and got murdered when it didn't auto fire because it's a burst weapon.

You can, sort of, customise a weapons appearance. Not sure you can use skins etc yet but you can definitely put emblems on them, if that helps at all.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

It's a shame they didn't include a weapons range mode that allows you to play with and learn the weapons and go for weapon related challanges oh wait 

I have 3 starred a couple of those on my first attempt, which makes me sound skilled. I'm not, it was pure luck.

For the most part I got close to 2 stars and tried again but scored lower. I doubt I'll ever be able to 3 star the AR or BR. (Or whatever their names are now.) And yet, the Needler's score seems stupidly low, everyone will 3 star it.

2 minutes ago, wev said:

You can, sort of, customise a weapons appearance. Not sure you can use skins etc yet but you can definitely put emblems on them, if that helps at all.

I might try that, could tip the scales in a heated situation. Cheers!

I mean, there are 'real' skins that change their appearance but I don't think they've been added yet. It's weird, I never had any problem in, say, Apex - it's always obvious what a gun's function is in that, but then they stick closer to standard archetypes than Halo does.

2 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I might try that, could tip the scales in a heated situation. Cheers!

I mean, there are 'real' skins that change their appearance but I don't think they've been added yet. It's weird, I never had any problem in, say, Apex - it's always obvious what a gun's function is in that, but then they stick closer to standard archetypes than Halo does.

I've basically stuck a massive "3" on my Commando :lol:

6 minutes ago, wev said:

Just now, wev said:

I've basically stuck a massive "3" on my Commando

This is an excellent suggestion, and I can't believe I didn't think of it myself!

Just now, shirubagan said:

Has anyone bought the battle pass? Is there anything decent for the entry fee?

You can see for yourself, it shows you all the unlocks when you view it. Some of the unlocks are decent imo but you should really decide for yourself.

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

It's a shame they didn't include a weapons range mode that allows you to play with and learn the weapons and go for weapon related challanges oh wait 

I got the "get 5 tier 3 weapon challenges" achievement last night, it's bugged so you get if for any 5 3-star results, regardless of if they're tier 3 or not, which makes it really easy to get. Only 2.2% of players have it.

I think most people who jumped in are old fans, so they don't bother, the "complete the tutorial" achievement also has really low completion.

3 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Has anyone bought the battle pass? Is there anything decent for the entry fee?

Further down the line there is some alright looking stuff and from the off you get a new set of armour.

The main appeal is the feeling of progression I guess (even though that’s quite slow currently)

Most of the battle pass is pretty garbage, but there's some genuinely good stuff in there after you grind a while. The Judgment flame and kill effects, Emile's skin and some others.

The level 100 freebie is laughable, mind. A 'Legendary' bracer that looks like something you'd get on a default skin and wouldn't think twice about.

9 hours ago, Harsin said:

They should remove Launch Bay from the Fiesta playlist, it’s way too large for 4v4 slayer.

It also has tanks and flying vehicles (the latter seem to be on some of the other maps too :facepalm:), and good luck taking those out with some of the weapons you spawn with.