IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

25 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

I dont really see how its obvious, as the playlist is supposed to include anyone who uses a controller, regardless of platform. Am I missing something?

If you’re now only playing against people with controller rather than a mix of controller and KB&M users then the available pool of players to match up to is going to be much smaller, so it will take longer to find matches.

1 hour ago, Shook said:

yes maybe. 

I haven’t been ranked yet though and am fully expecting the game to create a new tier just for me that’s a couple of levels below bronze. 

Brass maybe?

Mud?  (Just basing on my own skill level)

56 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got one for the Commando which is a gun I cannot get a kill with for love nor money. 

Use a different weapon to do the donkey work of removing the shield (Or better yet let somebody else do it for you), and then just switch to the Commando for a head shot finish.

Semi rated the cross play; I am on a series X and normally get a message at the start of matching saying "wating for other players to load". Does that mean Series X/S and PC players are all sat waiting for Xbone players HDD's to finish chugging?

13 minutes ago, Harsin said:

This 'event' is laughably low effort.

The actual core game is great, all the live GaaS stuff around it is worst in class.

Yes, I paid for my battle pass within a couple of days of playing this, and there is absolutely no feeling of it having been a good idea.

Not that I'm into any of the GaaS stuff but still it's all a bit weak and uninteresting.

In other news, I seem to betting worse at the game instead of better 😐

1 hour ago, tobert said:

Semi rated the cross play; I am on a series X and normally get a message at the start of matching saying "wating for other players to load". Does that mean Series X/S and PC players are all sat waiting for Xbone players HDD's to finish chugging?

I'm on a One Sband get the "waiting for players to load" text so not sure it's related specifically to the console.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

If you’re now only playing against people with controller rather than a mix of controller and KB&M users then the available pool of players to match up to is going to be much smaller, so it will take longer to find matches.

Oh, that wasnt what I meant though - the queue just up and died after a few hours for me. As in, the game couldnt find anyone at all, despite it matching me with US players etc previously. Very weird. Might have been a fluke though, maybe.

5 minutes ago, Shook said:

Jeez has the Plasma Pistol lost it's EMP effect on vehicles?

Yeah, it has. Kind of sucks, but you need to use electricity weapons instead, so the arc pistol and sniper for instance as well as Dynamo grenades.

Just now, Kayin Amoh said:

I like the samurai armour a lot. The challenges still suck mind, and the variety of game modes I'm being offered is insane - it's either oddball or capture the flag when I need strongholds and PVP.

They’re all PVP.

6 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Repulsor!

Also, how do I see the challenges for the crap fiesta thing or do I just need to play those games to get the digital tat?

If you go into your battle pass menu and press Y you'll see your upcoming challenges for both the standard pass and the event Fiesta thing. The ones you're after have the little medal looking emblem on them, usually mentioning that they're completed in the Fiesta. 

I got to rank 5 easily enough, but the later challenges look like they'll be predictably awful. I can already see one that reads 'stop an enemy spartan's killing spree five times'. I don't want to plug away and do that even once, let alone five separate times.

25 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

If you go into your battle pass menu and press Y you'll see your upcoming challenges for both the standard pass and the event Fiesta thing. The ones you're after have the little medal looking emblem on them, usually mentioning that they're completed in the Fiesta. 

I got to rank 5 easily enough, but the later challenges look like they'll be predictably awful. I can already see one that reads 'stop an enemy spartan's killing spree five times'. I don't want to plug away and do that even once, let alone five separate times.

Christ, 5 times?!? Good luck when the game seems to spawn me with double pistols or snipers every other time I die - Cant really do a lot when 2 guys are running at you with a sword or hammer with those loadouts :lol:

I always used to play Fiesta games on Halo 5 as a warm-up, but I realise I'm most likely in the minority for that kind of thing.

It's a RNG fest for sure and can be incredibly frustrating when you repeatedly spawn with shit weapons, but for the most part it's utterly hilarious carnage and forces you to try and learn/use the weapons you start with. 

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

They should remove Launch Bay from the Fiesta playlist, it’s way too large for 4v4 slayer.

Is that the one with the Scorpion tank on it?

Also who said they'd slimmed the weapon pool down? 5 must have been a right mess because there's so many weapons!

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Is that the one with the Scorpion tank on it?

Also who said they'd slimmed the weapon pool down? 5 must have been a right mess because there's so many weapons!

Yeah, it's an asymmetrical flag map. I suspect they'll be adding a 6v6 playlist down the line when there are more maps as at the moment this map and the desert one feel too big for what they're being used for.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If they want to slim it down some more then they can get rid of the Ravager, you pick it up for the first time and go wow look at this thing it looks dangerous as hell what does it do, then you quickly learn you'd be more of a threat with a water pistol.