IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

6 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I did wonder quite why one player on the other team seemed to have super human reflexes and aiming - I've not changed any setting so it'll be on the crossplay default.

He could have just been really good of course but still.  Annoying.

The thing is you can't turn it off in all modes, and now every time you play someone who seems really good, you'll be wondering if you were just outclassed or if the other player was cheating. The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was the one game I had that seemed astonishingly difficult to make any progress against the other team. I'll never know! 

23 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

The thing is you can't turn it off in all modes

Yeah I wondered about that. Seemed to be able to turn it on in solo/duo but not regular squads. 

I’m hoping they change that in the beta. They do it in things like sea of thieves. 

Is anyone else weirded out by the grenade explosions in this? They look like the pre-rendered CGI explosions from a mid 90s shmup.

It's not that I don't like them (because I like pre-rendered CGI explosions from mid 90s shmups) but they're such a weird choice. I thought it was because I was playing on the One S, but no, they're the same on PC on high settings.

21 minutes ago, matt0 said:

Is anyone else weirded out by the grenade explosions in this? They look like the pre-rendered CGI explosions from a mid 90s shmup.

They look like explosions from Star Wars to me, I really like them but they did stand out initially.  I actually assumed they would be really processor intensive, rather than a low tech solution from the 90s!

I'm kinda surprised by how little damage they do. I mean, it makes sense as randomly exploding isn't much fun in a multiplayer title, but I've seen two grenades going off fairly close to a damaged opponent and not even taking his shield. The radius must be pretty strict.

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

Yeah I wondered about that. Seemed to be able to turn it on in solo/duo but not regular squads. 

I’m hoping they change that in the beta. They do it in things like sea of thieves. 

Technically you can only filter by control type, not Xbox vs PC, so I guess you could still fall victim to PC players using controllers with aimbots or other hacks - if such a thing exists.

I just want to be able to remove PC players from my games completely. Surely the Xbox population is big enough to support that.

41 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I'd not seen this before 

I think that's both a crazy outfit and Halo getting away with it. 

Perhaps they can get away with this F2P nonsense without destroying their brand. I had thought recently that we haven't had Elite Skins in Halo for a long time, I wonder if they can make that work without giving a target size advantage to one or the other, and I guess Brutes and non-spartan elites could be made to work too.  Some would pay to play as Buck/Nathan Fillian, I'm sure.

I came to post this, also from a Microsoft account:

6 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Some PC players have aimbots.  

I didn't want crossplay anyway,  but I want it even less now.

Been playing crossplay and there has been some weird stuff happening, like I get guys sometimes who never seem to miss, melt my shields with one burst, and shoot me around corners somehow. I always put it down to latency, despite the dedicated servers, but now I'm not so sure.

Not lost rank as a result (so far, touch wood) but I'm only platinum 1 anyway in ranked crossplay. I'd rather play controller solo/duo, but that playlist seems to have way less players in it for some reason :(

5 minutes ago, Shook said:

I get annihilated every game I play against human players. But strangely the ranked controller-only games are where I have the worst experience. 

What’s that about?

Have you done the 10 levelling matches that give you your rank?  If not, it may just be that you’re playing against loads of people in the same boat so you’re gonna get a massive range of skills?

1 minute ago, geldra said:

Have you done the 10 levelling matches that give you your rank?  If not, it may just be that you’re playing against loads of people in the same boat so you’re gonna get a massive range of skills?

yes maybe. 

I haven’t been ranked yet though and am fully expecting the game to create a new tier just for me that’s a couple of levels below bronze. 

Brass maybe?

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I mean, the reason is quite obvious.

I dont really see how its obvious, as the playlist is supposed to include anyone who uses a controller, regardless of platform. Am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got one for the Commando which is a gun I cannot get a kill with for love nor money. 

They nerfed that from the Flights. I swear it didnt have anywhere near the kick it now has.