IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Did anyone settle on any controller settings? I'm trying to work out what works for me and the default still feels a little weird. 

Bumper Jumper always

After having to retrain after default for years on Halo 3. 

I just changed RB to melee, and put equipment on right stick (essentially just switching them), so basically the same as I have Halo 5 and Destiny (I have paddles on my elite pad which are set to A and X).

I think I'm going to have to change aim acceleration though. I've always played with low sensitivity in Halo although the default at the moment in this, apart from the afformentioned aim acceleration feels pretty good.

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

This shows just how stupid it is to put Oddball into the playlists. I adore that clip, but what the hell is wrong with those 2? They KNOW you're behind them, and yet they're busy trying to shoot irrelevant targets...

Why are the targets irrelevant? If they are in front of them they are probably going to kill them if they ignore them and turn around. Even if they know the ball carrier is behind them, they may not have realised he's immediately behind them. Generally speaking the ball carrier is a less immediate threat than an opponent in front who is shooting at you. It is often better to remove the immediate threat then target the objective carrier. Playing the gametype well isn't about solely focussing on whoever has the ball.

Regardless I don't really see why people playing a gametype badly is a reason to not have the gametype in a playlist. Plenty of people play Slayer badly too. Sure it can be annoying if people don't seem to care about the objectives, but it is equally satisfying to triumph against a team of people who are better at shooting through superior teamwork and coordination. It's one of the things that makes Halo great.

As a warning for future weeks, completing all your Weeklies doesn't give you the Capstone reward. Instead you unlock a final Challenge, which in my case is to play 15 PvP games, an unexpected final hurdle which I literally don't have time for before the reset.

I've been playing a bit of Ranked in the solo/controller queue and I'm doing way better than normal. I suppose it's possible I'm more focussed or simply better with BR starts, but it makes me wonder how many KB&M players I'm coming up against in the other playlists. Anyone else noticed a difference when filtering by input?

I've played too much Destiny not to have punch on RB.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Can I get a shout out for the way you instantly go in to a sprint when you respawn? Such a great little touch. That’s all. 

There are so many great little touches, especially in the audio. The different "ticking" sounds in the background when you're scoring or being scored against in oddball, the ascending and descending "pips" that let you know how many cores your team has in Stronghold, and just all the weapon sounds.

20 minutes ago, Ferine said:

As a warning for future weeks, completing all your Weeklies doesn't give you the Capstone reward. Instead you unlock a final Challenge, which in my case is to play 15 PvP games, an unexpected final hurdle which I literally don't have time for before the reset.

I've been playing a bit of Ranked in the solo/controller queue and I'm doing way better than normal. I suppose it's possible I'm more focussed or simply better with BR starts, but it makes me wonder how many KB&M players I'm coming up against in the other playlists. Anyone else noticed a difference when filtering by input?

What I don't understand about that is you can filter to mouse and keyboard when using a controller. Does that mean anyone can just choose either option? M&k players could choose the controller list for easier opponents?

Basically they have nailed the fundamentals, and have taken the lessons they learned from all the years of H5 and applied them here. There are some things I find questionable (like the lack of physical presence of other Spartans) but these are things they can easily tweak I have no doubt.

However those fundamentals are the important thing, adding maps/modes etc are easy as long as those are right. If it’s not fun to play it doesn’t matter how many maps or modes you have. Fortunately this is hella fun to play.

5 minutes ago, Jackson said:

What I don't understand about that is you can filter to mouse and keyboard when using a controller. Does that mean anyone can just choose either option? M&k players could choose the controller list for easier opponents?

I would imagine not. As a controller player you can set cross play or controller. I assume for M&K you get cross play or M&K as options.

6 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

I would imagine not. As a controller player you can set cross play or controller. I assume for M&K you get cross play or M&K as options.

I have 3 choices.

Open - crossplay

Solo/duo - keyboard/mouse

Solo/duo - controller

I am using a controller and am able to play with any option.

Edit: just tried again and the keyboard option stops me :) it definitely didn't a couple days ago, must've been a bug.

9 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

I don't understand the ranking - I'm up to Platinum 2 - what is after Platinum?  Diamond?

Had a few rounds this morning and was shocking.  One of those days I guess!

Bronze-Silver-Gold-Platinum-Diamond-Onyx

Halo 5 had Champion rank as well for the top 200 players in the playlist but not sure if it's in this game.

11 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Some PC players have aimbots.  

I didn't want crossplay anyway,  but I want it even less now.

They need to get this PC bullshit out of my Xbox Halo ASAP. I cannot imaging ever playing a game on console and wanting to crossplay with PC.