IGNORED

Halo Infinite - OUT NOW - no campaign spoilers pls

Wallace

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ooh, you got a link to any of these? I've just done a quick Google search but only one came up that was 18 minutes long and basically said it was brilliant. I want to see a range of opinions.

Just go to game spot or ign or eurogamer and they have links on their front pages to new previews. IGN has some boss fights on legendary difficulty.

4 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Please, nobody post any details in plain sight, a Halo game comes around rarely, and I'd love to go in knowing less, not more. 

Thanks!

It looks great and fun. That's all you need to know!

Definitely getting to the point now where I'm kind of done with Oddball. I really like the Objective based games and it's cool to see them full of people but this is crying out for a Slayer playlist. Just had three games of Oddball in a row across Quick Play and Ranked and that is too many games of Oddball. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-19-halo-infinite-the-big-interview-with-343-head-of-creative-joseph-staten

It sounds like the open world is just throwing things off a little in terms of coop. To be honest, I'm fine with it. I always play Halo alone for my first campaign and I don't mind a bit of space between that and a second co-op play through. Sucks for people who it's the main draw for though. 

As for the rest of that interview it sounds like there'll be some pretty big changes to the multiplayer coming for launch, which is a good thing! 

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

I've played plenty of stronghold matches - though I tend to go for ranked rather than quick play.

It's the best game mode IMO.

I really like Stronghold too.  Maybe it's because I only join games on my own, without voice chat, which means I'm always on the back foot with something like CTF if the other team are working together.  But because Stronghold splits the focus across three areas and always keeps you moving around it feels like it's less predictable and harder for a team to dominate.

Single player looks like the best one yet from 343. 

Am really enjoying the multiplayer. It feels similar to Halo 3s multiplayer which IMO was always the best. 

Does anyone know if you can set up custom games in different modes with friends vs bots?  Had a quick look and couldn't figure it out 

12 minutes ago, Mr C said:

Does anyone know if you can set up custom games in different modes with friends vs bots?  Had a quick look and couldn't figure it out 

You should be able to as bots fill up the spaces so if there are 4 of you and you pick the same team, the other team would be filled appropriately.

If you went in alone, it’d be you and 3 bots vs 4 bots.

2 hours ago, Wallace said:

Just stop posting details about the campaign in general. Create a Campaign thread or something? I dunno.

2 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

This works for me too.

... This IS the Halo infinite thread...maybe what you want, is halo MP thread...🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

Here's Digital Foundry's campaign impressions video.

Summary: positive about the game's structure ("I am extremely relieved that it is *not* a Far Cry game, at least so far... It seems like it could be more along the lines of an Arkham game, or maybe even a little bit Crysis, but still a little more open world-y than that"), the sense that you're going into places that you're not supposed to get to, its art direction, and most of its performance.

Their technical criticisms are about the opening FMV cutscene being choppy and having incorrect black levels, Series S having lower quality/performance framerates than Series X (60/120fps on X versus 30/60fps on S), and inconsistent animation rates in both cutscenes and gameplay.

So if those are the biggest issues they've got to moan about, I'd say 343 have done pretty well! 

literally posted it  one page back :P