Halo Infinite - Now Q3 2021

Wallace

This has the feel of a clustercfuck aka Craig. At first I was like “amazing AI” but after 2 matches it turns into a meta about how quick and without dying can you rip it apart. I realised the map is basically from training but it looks like someone knocked it up in forge mode it’s shit.

14 hours ago, layten said:

Apparently a lot of the plot has been datamined from the MP beta. Doesn't look like it'll be winning any writing awards. :lol:

we knew that before any leak

As someone who has zero interest in any kind of competitive mode, I only checked the technical whotsit out to catch a glimpse of the new Halo running on my Series X. Sure, it's just the multiplayer but the first impression is... it sure does look like a game made for the base Xbox One. If there are any visual additions, extra detail, textures, fancy lighting etc - it's not apparent. It runs at 4k, that's it. In my mind Halo 5 mp looked better, but I can't be arsed reinstalling it to check.

When you've got every other cross-gen game looking far better, and every other bit of the game looking a generation worse than the bit they're currently showing, it really feels like a Sonic 06-level fuckup. How did this take six years to develop?

5x1VcSR.png

med_kin_portal_screenshot_04_valparaiso_

C8d5CBD35NoagGyGnw5VQm-1024-80.jpg.webp

Maybe the final campaign will look absolutely fantastic. But for now, you make a good point. We can argue that the cross-gen aspect is holding them back, but there have been loads of cross-gen games so far and a lot of those looked umpteen times better. What's the deal with Infinite? Why does even the player model in the title screen of the beta look so basic compared to the player models in 5? What have they been doing since 2015?

The postmortem will be amazing

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

When you've got every other cross-gen game looking far better, and every other bit of the game looking a generation worse than the bit they're currently showing, it really feels like a Sonic 06-level fuckup. How did this take six years to develop?

5x1VcSR.png

55 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Maybe the final campaign will look absolutely fantastic. But for now, you make a good point. We can argue that the cross-gen aspect is holding them back, but there have been loads of cross-gen games so far and a lot of those looked umpteen times better. What's the deal with Infinite? Why does even the player model in the title screen of the beta look so basic compared to the player models in 5? What have they been doing since 2015?

The postmortem will be amazing

Lads. You know it's not out yet, right?

25 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

This is like RubberJonny's 5th post like this. He's got an axe to grind, it seems.

I just think it looks pump man, it's weird no one wants to talk about it - people on here were fucking slathering at the jaw to rip into Cyberpunk in the months up to launch when it was delayed and looked like it might disappoint a bit, this looks far worse for the same length of development and just gets these weird defensive posts trying to shut down the conversation instead.

I mean even when the initial reveal was getting meme'd across the internet, most of this thread was still going "no it's not bad graphics, it's just a clean artstyle" and various other cope posts. Nothing looks clean about that screenshot, it's like being gaslit.

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

5x1VcSR.png

I'm pretty glad halo has a clean, readable art-style (obviously the player/enemy models need some work though). The foliage in those other shots looks great but I find it hard to navigate and read situations quickly when it's like that. It took me an hour to find a ladder at the beginning of Bloodborne for similar reasons haha.

Really pleased to hear how well this plays mostly though.

27 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I just think it looks pump man, it's weird no one wants to talk about it - people on here were fucking slathering at the jaw to rip into Cyberpunk in the months up to launch when it was delayed and looked like it might disappoint a bit, this looks far worse for the same length of development and just gets these weird defensive posts trying to shut down the conversation instead.

I mean even when the initial reveal was getting meme'd across the internet, most of this thread was still going "no it's not bad graphics, it's just a clean artstyle" and various other cope posts. Nothing looks clean about that screenshot, it's like being gaslit.

I think most of the Cyberpunk tearing apart happened, oh what's the phrase I'm looking for... after it came out. 

This is a technical test. One that, by most accounts, is fun to play. There's definitely an interest into quite how badly they fucked up that demo last year, but even then it's an early demo of a game they delayed and that they're trying to get right. There was talk about a post mortem in this thread today, months before the game's even had a chance to mortem. I don't mind people saying the game looks or plays bad but you're talking as if you've just finished it and it's the worst game ever made when in fact what you're doing is posting year old screenshots that they're obviously going to have improved and comparing them to Sonic 06. 

And nobody's being gaslit. Grow up. It's called disagreement. 

16 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

When in fact what you're doing is posting year old screenshots that they're obviously going to have improved and comparing them to Sonic 06.

That screenshot is from last month.

Let's not pretend this is going to look suddenly different given another four months when it's already had 8 extra, this whole "it's alpha/beta/they'll fix it before launch" stuff is always the shutdown the conversation argument, you can see people doing it last year when the footage came out and there were only four weeks to launch!

Every other game thread seems OK with the concept of judging the graphics before launch.

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

That screenshot is from last month.

Let's not pretend this is going to look suddenly different given another four months when it's already had 8 extra, this whole "it's alpha/beta/they'll fix it before launch" stuff is always the shutdown the conversation argument, you can see people doing it last year when the footage came out and there were only four weeks to launch!

Every other game thread seems OK with the concept of judging the graphics before launch.

Ah. That's killed my entire argument. Thought the screenshot was older. You crack on then I guess, I'm not coming back from that! 

42 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Ah. That's killed my entire argument. Thought the screenshot was older. You crack on then I guess, I'm not coming back from that! 

He thinks it looks awful and is just making sure every one knows I think?

4 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Every other thread hasn't had a single user spend months (years?) of their life posting increasingly bitter and resentful takes about a game they've never even played.

don't know what Halo Infinite did to you but can you get over it asap, cheers.

Oh come on it’s a bit different to every other game though isn’t it?

It’s the flagship franchise.

If the guy is on the back of the console box, it’s fair game to call out the visuals if they’re not looking like the graphical showcase they should be. From what we’ve seen so far, Forza and Flight Simulator have set the standard and it’s just plain weird that Halo isn’t matching it. 

If the latest Mario or The Last of Us looked like shit pre-release people would absolutely be asking questions (that’s to put it mildly obviously).

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Oh come on it’s a bit different to every other game though isn’t it?

It’s the flagship franchise.

This is the key point:  Halo just isn’t that important to Microsoft’s fortunes anymore.

It could be mediocre or even a bit shit but it just won’t make much difference overall.

It’s all the studios they bought and game pass that people have gone with Microsoft this gen for.

Halo is just another AAA title now. Even if it’s a meta critic 92 Xbox’s course is still the same.

The bots are merciless in this. Never played an fps where the ai is better than a lot of players out there  :lol:

I mean, just look at this:

Also saw this earlier. Pretty cool that you can actually do whats shown in the trailer in this supposedly old build:

6 hours ago, PyramidFace said:

Every other thread hasn't had a single user spend months (years?) of their life posting increasingly bitter and resentful takes about a game they've never even played.

The Cyberpunk or RDR2 thread had literally tens of those guys, whereas I have what, five posts that are amused rather than ‘bitter or resentful’. Rather than snipe from the sidelines, why don’t you put out your view about how it looks since you’re so defensive about it?

2 hours ago, bumgut said:

This is the key point:  Halo just isn’t that important to Microsoft’s fortunes anymore.

I don’t really buy this either, their entire launch ads for the Xbox were Halo based. Yes, yes Game Pass is great, doesn’t mean they can just stop putting effort into things.

1 hour ago, bumgut said:

It could be mediocre or even a bit shit but it just won’t make much difference overall.

It’s all the studios they bought and game pass that people have gone with Microsoft this gen for.

Halo is just another AAA title now. Even if it’s a meta critic 92 Xbox’s course is still the same.

I mean, I don’t really agree with this, Halo is still a marquee title for MS Studios and as such a marquee title for Game Pass. Along with Forza Horizon 5 they are the big games MS will be touting in the lead up to Christmas. Halo needs to be right.