IGNORED

Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls

Wallace

4 hours ago, Pob said:

I love the pistol in this. It reminds of Halo 2's, which was always my favourite.

yes, it’s similar. I do like it. 

I also think the halo 2 BR was the best weapon of all time. The one in infinite is cool but I think it has a slightly slower burst rate? Might just be in my head. Still great but I miss the sheer sharpness of that halo 2 BR. Utter beast of a thing. 

21 minutes ago, K said:

Even Bungie didn’t make the actual games lore-accurate. They mostly ignored what happened in the various tie-in hackwork novels. 

Indeed. 

It would have been great if the Halo story was on a par with the gameplay but everything went pretty rubbish after CE anyway, which itself wasn’t going to win any awards but it did have something. 

44 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Can you play Big Team Battle against bots if you can't make the matchmaking times?

Desperate to try it out but can't get on during the multiplayer hours.

I don't think so, between the sessions you can do training vs bots and weapon training sessions only I think.

Just played a few BTB games, v good.

Very enjoyable.

58 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

What settings have people tweaked controller wise? I don't know whether to stick to default or try and make it feel a bit smoother?

I genuinely think they got it slightly wrong when it comes to the aiming in this game. Loads of my friends complaining about it and even the pros, so it can’t just be us. I’ve used the ones from this video…

My telly supports 120hz at 1080p, says my Xbox. I’ve set the video to 120hz but in halo infinite settings the option to change graphics to performance is greyed out, and quality is on by default with no option to change it.

Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:

My telly supports 120hz at 1080p, says my Xbox. I’ve set the video to 120hz but in halo infinite settings the option to change graphics to performance is greyed out, and quality is on by default with no option to change it.

Any ideas?

Had to uncheck “allow 4K” under video if anyone else has similar issues!

26 minutes ago, TommyG said:

I genuinely think they got it slightly wrong when it comes to the aiming in this game. Loads of my friends complaining about it and even the pros, so it can’t just be us. I’ve used the ones from this video…

This is amazing and has totally fixed the game for me. It just feels great again. Cheers!

It’s a little smoother but to be honest, I’m not sensing much of a difference between 60 and 120. I saw a bigger difference on ghostrunner but again, not massively difference.

Do I have a shit television/eyes? I mean the difference between 30 and 60 is very noticeable.

19 minutes ago, Strafe said:

It’s a little smoother but to be honest, I’m not sensing much of a difference between 60 and 120. I saw a bigger difference on ghostrunner but again, not massively difference.

Do I have a shit television/eyes? I mean the difference between 30 and 60 is very noticeable.

It's a personal thing, but for me also the difference between 30 and 60 is HUGE. From choppy to smooooth. Going from 60 to 120 is a bit meh I've found, it's a bit smoother but... meh. I don't play competitive shooters with a mouse though, and I assumed it would be more noticeable in that case.

2 minutes ago, TommyG said:

343 are aware of the aiming issues, still boggles my mind they weren’t aware before releasing a flight test but fingers crossed. 

https://www.gamepur.com/news/343-is-aware-of-aim-assist-issues-in-halo-infinites-tech-preview

I’m no dead-eye but I’ve not had any problems tracking or hitting targets in this. The settings above definitely helped, but they are nothing to do with assist or stickyness. 

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

You might not notice the refresh rate but it's the input lag that's great @120Hz.

EDIT: This looks amazing in Dolby Vision @120Hz.

9 minutes ago, Pob said:

I’m no dead-eye but I’ve not had any problems tracking or hitting targets in this. The settings above definitely helped, but they are nothing to do with assist or stickyness. 

Have you tried sniping, it’s a lot more difficult than previous Halos? It’s still playable of course but lots of people are noticing that it doesn’t feel quite right. It’s mainly with the pistol and sniper. AR and BR are fine but there’s a lack of aim assist with the precision weapons. 

37 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You might not notice the refresh rate but it's the input lag that's great @120Hz.

EDIT: This looks amazing in Dolby Vision @120Hz.

Thats a good point, it did feel snappier.

28 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Have you tried sniping, it’s a lot more difficult than previous Halos? It’s still playable of course but lots of people are noticing that it doesn’t feel quite right. It’s mainly with the pistol and sniper. AR and BR are fine but there’s a lack of aim assist with the precision weapons. 

I think it’s the zero delay to zoom to sights that throws me off. I reckon they’ll nerf that though 

3 hours ago, Strafe said:

Well, at 30fps each frame is on screen for 33ms. At 60fps that halves to 16.6ms, whereas at 120fps it would be 8.3ms. In other words the response time improvement at higher framerates diminishes the higher you go so the difference is going to be more subtle, especially if you're using a controller; you'd feel it more using a mouse or looking around in VR.

Personally I think 60fps is the sweet spot for console gaming. Just make sure your TV is using its Game Mode or equivalent so it isn't padding response times with a bunch of needless image processing.

On 01/10/2021 at 07:49, JPL said:

I mentioned a few days ago that my son wants to play this weekend but he couldn’t download the Insider app because of his age.

Anyway, I’ve set him up a new account and got the hub, but when he goes to download Infinite from the store, it says it’s not available in the little box that you usually click to download.

Is this normal? Seems a bit weird that they’re not going to let anyone download it until the flight starts.

I’m still struggling to get this to work for my son. I downloaded it using my account, but he can’t play it when I switch over to his account, so I deleted it.

I’m now getting this error message when I try to download with his account. There’s no such thing as Manage Devices in Settings on his Xbox, so I’m a bit stuck.

Anyone got any ideas?

64F78187-F105-484A-9086-E910DFEE52FC.jpeg

My mic shows a cross next to it suggesting that it’s muted when I press the button to bring the scores up. Can’t find an option to unmute - anyone know where the settings are?

Can anyone explain how the repulsor works or has a good guide for it? I know the basic concept, but I'm not sure about the range or what it works on exactly. Loving the gear in this so far though. It's clear that they've taken lessons from the previous games and only put in the good shit. All of them have value.

• Kryptonian changed the title to Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls