IGNORED

E3 2018: Xbox E3 Briefing

Boozy The Clown

Conference Review  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, SeanR said:

give me £400 and I will

:coffee:

I paid somewhere between £121 and £183 for mine, depending how you want to work it. Took some time (probably about the amount of time you've been moaning about it all, so a fair while), but where there's a will and all that. And it's AMAZING.

12 hours ago, Revival said:

100% the same.

That was pretty much my gripe. They needed to invest in new studios and fair enough they've done that, Good to see them supporting UK devs too. The Battletoads game is being made by another UK dev (not Rare) but a team in Buckinghamshire.

Was nice to see Splashdamage developing Gears strategy game.  Ive always been a fan since the Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory days!

11 minutes ago, Revival said:

Man that game looks comfy as fuck. Not sure if we've missed exposition or if that game purposefully has none to aid the sense of mystery and discovery though, but I didn't have a clue as to the 'why?' of the game.

4 hours ago, Revival said:

Holy balls, Just woke up to the Resi 2 remake trailer. Capcom have found their stride again.

oh and Remedy's new one:

This looks a lot like Quantum Break 2.0. 

I think that game suffered from trying to do too much (way too much when you consider the TV show) story and the action wasn't the greatest gameplay. As is, if they manage to turn out an amazing multiplatform game, it'll surely be quite irritating for Microsoft but if it's more of the same then Microsoft not getting further into bed with them will have proven to be a lucky escape.

Phil should totally open the chequebook and commission Alan Wake 2 though. 

I really hate the never ending Uncharted comparisons but Gears 5 now has open world aspects, and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me think of Uncharted 4’s hub worlds.

ConventionalEveryAgouti-max-14mb.gif

You can use this thing to get around.

At least they’re changing things up.

10 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I really hate the never ending Uncharted comparisons but Gears 5 now has open world aspects, and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me think of Uncharted 4’s hub worlds.

ConventionalEveryAgouti-max-14mb.gif

You can use this thing to get around.

At least they’re changing things up.

Still it has better graphics than this 2002 game.

Cqu6r5e.gif

3 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I'm pretty hyped for the next Gears. I played more of 4 than any other game in the series and was a little surprised by how interested I was when they showed 5. 

Yup. I ignored it when it launched since I'd only played the first one up to that point. Tried it when it was on gamepass and was pleasantly surprised by how decent it was especially towards the end.  I'm up for playing 5 when it launches. 

54 minutes ago, simms said:

I was hoping for the Halo Master Chief collection announcement of PC.  Has there been any words said?

No, and there was no info about the Xbox update for it either. Unless I missed it.

Microsoft's E3 conference was upto their usual standard, they do remind me of those slick awards shows that Viacom like to make, including the choice of announcer voice :)

I get the feeling Microsoft sort of treat it like a State of the Union event, given the sort of things Phil Spencer talked about during his various monologues. Nintendo did this to a lesser extent while Shawn Layden doesn't appear interested in doing much public talking if he can help it :P, I suppose they'll both only wheel out the actual global head of gaming for when they launch new hardware as the US isn't their home territory.

It almost felt like the only thing missing from the Microsoft E3 event was a certain 4 word phrase made famous by somebody else in the last few years as that was certainly the tone they wanted to project. It certainly seems to have gone down well with people who prefer Xbox.

1 hour ago, mushashi said:

It almost felt like the only thing missing from the Microsoft E3 event was a certain 4 word phrase made famous by somebody else in the last few years as that was certainly the tone they wanted to project. It certainly seems to have gone down well with people who prefer Xbox.

All I can think of is “for the gamers”. What were you thinking of?

Has anyone got their Mixpot yet?

They said they'd be delivered this week. 

Edit: according twitter, the stuff was just added to accounts with no alert. Here's whats in them:

✅Outer Wilds Full Game Pre-Order

✅Gears of War 4 Microsoft Studios Skin

✅TERA E3 2018 Bundle

✅Halo 5 Classic Helmet REQ Pack

I just went to Outer Wilds on the store and it shows as ready to install, so I guess I got it. 

17 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Has anyone got their Mixpot yet?

They said they'd be delivered this week. 

Edit: according twitter, the stuff was just added to accounts with no alert. Here's whats in them:

✅Outer Wilds Full Game Pre-Order

✅Gears of War 4 Microsoft Studios Skin

✅TERA E3 2018 Bundle

✅Halo 5 Classic Helmet REQ Pack

I just went to Outer Wilds on the store and it shows as ready to install, so I guess I got it. 

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...