IGNORED

E3 2018: Xbox E3 Briefing

Boozy The Clown

Conference Review  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I think it being released a week after Battlefield 1 and a week before COD had a big impact on its sales.  I don’t see how you can argue with that, especially with the critical reception it got. 

The critical reception of multiplayer focused games prior to release don't tell you much, they liked the single player campaign was about as much as you can glean. Respawn/IW previous games released amongst crowded fields but still sold obscene numbers. Frankly, had it resonated more with most shooter fans it'd have done much better. EA slashed the price shortly after release and it still didn't pick up much of a player base. I'm sure it's release date didn't help it's cause but to blame the all of Titanfalls woes on that seems misguided. 

Their only previous game was Titanfall 1, which didn’t get a release on PS4. Bringing up the old IW sales doesn’t make any sense, they were COD titles when the franchise was near its peak.

I can’t recall anyone critically slamming the MP in Titanfall 2. It’s sublime. I agree with the general consensus here that the biggest reason by far it didn’t do better sales wise was the ridiculous release date.

Just caught up with the first pages of this thread and I'm already noticing the classic MS at E3 divide of "Halo, Gears, Forza!" and "please stuff other than Halo, Gears, Forza!"

FWIW I'm in the first camp. Would love an MCC update drop combined perhaps with a Reach surprise, then segwaying into Halo 6. Not tooooo fussed about Gears in terms of newness because 4 sits atop my pile of shame but it would be nice to know the franchise is still a priority. I would like a Forza Horizon to compete with The Crew 2 in that it competes with the use of America as a backdrop.

New Fable news would be great if they're resurrecting it.

I'd like to see exclusives that aren't timed and that isn't Sea of Thieves DLC or game world continuity plans (sorry Sea of Thieves fans).

We know we're getting a Battlefield V story segment, and I wonder if Ubisoft will do something with Assassin's Creed again despite last year's off-screen cutaway being bizarre. I would've thought Ubi would keep Odyssey for their conference but you never know after it leaked.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/nier-automata-coming-to-xbox-one-on-june-26

Square Enix has announced that Nier Automata Become as Gods Edition will be available on Xbox One on June 26, 2018.

The game will be available to pre-order digitally today and will include the following DLC:

Base NieR: Automata game

The 3C3C1D119440927 expansion DLC

Grimoire Weiss Pod

Retro Red Pod Skin

Retro Grey Pod Skin

Cardboard Pod Skin

I think we might see a couple of de-facto PlayStation exclusives developed in Japan announced for Xbox One. As far as I'm aware there's no contractual reason series like Persona or Yakuza aren't on Microsoft's machine, so it would be a relatively cheap investment for them to help cover a few costs to secure ports of acclaimed games. It would be a move that serves multiple purposes, from diversifying the library to potentially proving the existence of an appetite so you don't have to fork out in the future.

Not sure that's the kind of thing you announce on an E3 stage – "Hey, look at these old games we're just getting!" – but it seems like a pretty obvious move to me.

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Remember to watch on Mixer to get your E3 mixpot. Last year they gave away Rare Replay and some other bits and bobs.

You need to link your Gamertag to your Mixer account. Last year the stream was pretty dodgy but you can mute it and watch on YouTube if that's the case. You only needed to watch a few minutes of it to get the mix pot last year.

How do you do this? I’ve just logged in to Mixer using my Microsoft account and my username is my gamertag. I can’t remember if I specified it as that in the past or if it’s automatically used it. Is that all I need to do?

Would it make sense for Microsoft to announce new IP this late in the game? I've not been hyped for the MS pressers in years now and I really don't see this year being any different. Would love to be proven wrong though and have them unload a big splash of hot hype across my face. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Cyberpunk as good as confirmed to be at this show according to good strong rumours! HYPED

That is the main reason I am going to watch, but the show will last for 1 hour 40 minutes and they will probably show the trailer at the end. Work tomorrow will be horrible. :(

9 minutes ago, TehStu said:

How do I hide the chat panel in Mixer? Also, why is there no win 10 mixer app? Pissups and breweries. 

There's a bar to the right of the up/down scroll, Just drag it off to the right and it'll remove the chat.

Got my snack for the 'big' E3 conferences ready. :)

Whaaaaat's my snaaaaack? Why it's a trail mix with roasted and salted mixed nuts, peanut M&Ms, salted pretzels, jumbo raisins and dried cranberries.

tQgda7Z.jpg

Whatchoo got?