rllmuk
Boozy The Clown

E3 2018: Xbox E3 Briefing

Conference Review  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

I don’t understand the joy at them buying a random bunch of studios. Least of all Playground - as if they were ever going to turn down Microsoft money to make another Forza Horizon.

Most of the existing companies I would rather see remain independent and be funded by a first party to make an exclusive rather than being taken over.

First we’ll start to hear about how they’re keeping their culture and just getting more money to do their own thing. Five years later they’re pumping out sequels to the same franchise ad nauseum.

Look. You can moan about third party studios or second party studios being bought. Or you can have them bought by EA and closed.

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I don’t understand the joy at them buying a random bunch of studios. Least of all Playground - as if they were ever going to turn down Microsoft money to make another Forza Horizon.

Most of the existing companies I would rather see remain independent and be funded by a first party to make an exclusive rather than being taken over.

First we’ll start to hear about how they’re keeping their culture and just getting more money to do their own thing. Five years later they’re pumping out sequels to the same franchise ad nauseum.

It seems to work for most of Sony's studios though. If they're managed well then it's a god source of platform exclusives and MS have learnt this gen how important they are. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

It's like Rare never happened.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Smitty said:

Whilst you watch this, remember how THAT turned out last time - and i'm only talking about the visuals.

Pretty great? I greatly enjoyed the Division, coming in around 1.8

1 minute ago, Smitty said:

Whilst you watch this, remember how THAT turned out last time - and i'm only talking about the visuals.

Slightly different now - they’ve a very good idea what the PS4 Pro and1X are capable of.

and it doesn’t look much better than the first on 1X.