Tetris Effect - Xbox Series X|S now Connected on Game Pass!

Cheers @Jonster! Thanks for taking the time. What you're doing actually looks quite straightforward, even if it's no doubt taken you hundreds of hours of practice to be able to do it that fluidly, but it gives me a good starting point. Evidently, T-Spins are where the big points are.

What about Sprint, then - is it more efficient to leave a column open and go for Tetrises, or just build and clear as quickly as you possibly can, regardless of how many lines you're clearing at once?

The only game my wife actually likes/ plays is Tetris and weve had great fun playing Tetris Effect Connected on Game Pass ... for those of you who have played local multiplayer, do you know if there is a way to change the music or theme? 

Weve settled on Zone Attack as our favourite game mode, but getting bored of the default tune and background it offers. We were hoping to tap into the amazing back ground graphics and tunes from the main game but cant see an option to change it within the local multiplayer menus? Anyone else had any luck with this?

14 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Just started playing this on Game Pass. 

First question: am I on drugs?

The campaign mode is trippy. Love it. Some great multiplayer modes as well.

The soundtrack is great, i've used it to fall asleep to several times.

14 hours ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Just started playing this on Game Pass. 

First question: am I on drugs?

:) If you have a VR headset and a PC the GamePass version was patched just before Xmas to use it. Relaxing experience. Nearly fell asleep a few times with the headset on :D

Once you complete the journey mode you can do a play through where you just push a button to skip through the bits of the journey, essentially just Effect without the Tetris. My daughter loved that. 

Anyways, I’m a couple of games off getting to level 100 and I think that’s all the achievements done then.

Playing Score Attack last night, my rank is 8000 something and I end up waiting aaaaaaages for matches. But got matched against a 6500 ish player pretty quickly, I started off pretty well, but every time  I check the score I’m only a little bit ahead. 

Ok this guy is good, better concentrate. 

He overtakes me right before he dies. I managed to hold on, nearly lost it a couple of times. I cannot go much beyond 200 lines as it’s too fast for me. Phew!

60295379-09D8-45B0-AB6A-553CEB314C71.png

• 1 month later...

This game is ruining gaming for me at the moment - every time I switch on the Xbox I think just a quick go and then I'll play something from my Game Pass list of shame - then its bedtime. Problem is I'm so shit at it and just keep playing the beginner 3 levels of journey over and over and over trying to get a better score than A. However, that video up page with the T-Spins, man I wish I'd not seen that. Now thats all I'm gonna be trying to do and it looks like a mind fuck. Wah wah wah videgames!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies if it's old news, but apparently Connected has a new secret level in addition to the old "1989" level

The second secret level has been found, but is still not widely known about: 1984, our tribute to the original version of Tetris for the Electronika 60, the old Soviet PC Alexey Pajinov first created the game on!

Accessing it on consoles requires the use of a USB keyboard (PS4/Xbox/Oculus), chat pad (Xbox), or some way to enter text that is not reliant on an OS-level pop-up (gotta have the hardware for it—this is not for the feint of heart!).

First, you must enter a code with your controller at the title screen (prior to pressing start). If you’re using a Dual Shock 4 or PlayStation-compatible control pad, press (directional pad) Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, O, X. If you’re on Xbox, using Oculus controllers or have an Xbox-style controller, enter in (directional pad) Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.

If successful, you should see a screen like this:

589VMU1.jpg

Enter in 06061984 -- the date of the birth of Tetris -- with your keyboard as mentioned above, and press enter. You’ll get a message that “1984” has been unlocked, available to use in any of the many "Effect Modes" (and once you unlock this, it remains unlocked). You might even hear a familiar voice talking! What’s he saying, exactly…? Let’s save some mysteries for another day!

https://tetris.com/article/257/tetris-effect-says-its-time-to-party-like-its-1989-or-1984