Tetris Effect - Xbox Series X|S now Connected on Game Pass!

13 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

First time playing this and maybe in missing something. As someone else commented, it feels very sluggish for a Tetris game control wise and that laggy/jerky transition between stages really puts me off. Plus the actual play area is tiny. I get it's trying to show off the effects but it seems ludicrous playing on a 49 inch screen and having less than a quarter of it for the action. 

There's a Camera Zoom option in the Gameplay settings. Have a play with that so you don't have to use the Left Stick to Zoom in each time. 

21 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I see.

Well then, I guess I will be removing your old handle from my list - no hard feelings.

(and then I, Darwock, can once again be at the top!)

Scratch that, would you believe it - I just beat your score! Funny how things go!

On what mode!

6 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Am I right in thinking we can form a party & team up to play the connected mode? Where it’s 3 against a cpu? 

Hopefully.  Not sure if the servers are still a bit stuffed but it took too long to find other players in connected mode earlier this evening so I had a quick solo go instead.

I'm up for some sessions on evenings.  

9 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Hopefully.  Not sure if the servers are still a bit stuffed but it took too long to find other players in connected mode earlier this evening so I had a quick solo go instead.

I'm up for some sessions on evenings.  

I tried to get into Connected mode and some other modes a few times last night with no joy. I even tried turning the router off and on but still nothing. The servers are a joke and it makes me sad.

I'd be up for some Connected games on an evening.

My gamer tag is Onze.

3 hours ago, layten said:

EG review of this is up. For some reason the previously essential game with a brilliant multiplayer mode added is now only a recommended. :lol: 

Presumably because it is just the same, but multiplayer - for anyone with the 2018 version it's not quite essential in the same way, as it is primarily more of the same.

Of course, by this logic the most recent Uncharted games should have sunk to 'Do Not Buy' levels, and the latest Call of Duty games should have some sort of incomprehensibly negative value ascribed to them.

3 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Could be because of the lack of VR.

Perhaps, but seeing as it will be available before the end of the year it would be particularly churlish to make it down because of that.

Not at launch, but it will be soon after. Unfortunately we realized only late in development that implementing proper VR support on Microsoft Store PC titles can pose some unique challenges; we have a working version we plan to add via an update soon after launch (targeting by the end of calendar 2020), using the time between to go through the appropriate testing and QA, etc. We apologize for the extra wait, but we’re confident this is the best way to ensure VR support that meets our standards, and those of our players.

I have had a quick go and it's really something isn't it. I wish I could make myself understand t-spins properly so I could get into this and the Tetris 100 thingy on Switch. Anyway this left me thinking maybe I should hold off a second play until VR support is in, the effects look mad.

Well, I think the journey mode is accessible and enjoyable no matter what. But in the meantime the fairly comprehensive ‘Effect’ mode is a good way to practice and chart your progress. And some modes like All Clear or combo help you see the patterns and shapes needed for certain spins (like T-Spins). 

I think the trickiest All Clear puzzle is the one where you have to snake I pieces through a tunnel. Even though theoretically I know which rotation button to press when, I usually fluff it up.