Cyhwuhx

Tetris Effect - Mizuguchi does Tetris

I'd like to know who the singer is.

Also does the reused CoE assets mean a remaster might be on the cards? Pls. Throws more money at the screen

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

I'd like to know who the singer is.

Presumably an original composition that we'll only find out about once the game is released, which is annoying because I NEED that song available to me on demand right this minute!

So close to E3, I genuinely never expected that the most exciting news would be another Tetris game. I can't stop playing that trailer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

So close to E3, I genuinely never expected that the most exciting news would be another Tetris game. I can't stop playing that trailer.

You're not alone

Man. I got massive Genki Rockets feels from that trailer but I know that voice wasn't Rachel Rhodes :(

• Upvote 3

I really have no words to describe the hype this has caused me. I've had the trailer running on loop for about an hour, now.

Most probably will end up being the game of E3 for me. Musical Galaxy Traveling Tetris. what can top this?

Along with Polybius, that's now 2 games I want PS VR for.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

That has to be the coolest trailer I’ve ever seen.

Its really something isn't it.. almost hypnotic.

I'm sat waiting for my wife to get in from work so I can show it her.. only for her to no doubt be totally unimpressed... but fuck it I'm hyped.

• Upvote 1

I haven't played any iteration of Tetris in a good, what... 25 years? Give or take. Never really interested me.

I'm getting this Day 1, however. Well played!

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/06/tetris-effect-launches-this-fall-for-ps4-ps-vr/

Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.

Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.

Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4™Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.

Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.

A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.

You just know the traditional theme is either going to be the very beginning, or the very end/Level 30.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Legit probably gonna get PSVR for this. Rez Infinite has had me on the edge for the longest time, and now this has tipped me over I think.

DO IT. JOIN US.

JOIN. US. 

• Upvote 1

I must be one of a very small number of people around these parts to have never been bothered about Tetris, but I'm not exaggerating that this is potentially a system & VR seller for me. Rez and CoE were just wonderful experiences and I remember enjoying Lumines on the PSP much more than I expected to.

• Upvote 1

Day 1 cos that is a very impressive trailer, good lord is that song and those visuals just heavenly. Mizuguchi Rez 2 or a Child of Eden Port next please. 

• Upvote 1

While I get it's exciting because it's the Rez guy, it's still Tetris. There is only so much you can do with it and even with (what will doubtless be) amazing graphics and sounds, it's still Tetris. 

Rez, Lumines and CoE are amazing, love them all to death, but this is different as they are confined by the basic building blocks of someone else's game. Not saying it won't be a great version of Tetris, because I am sure that it will, but a little bemused by the level of enthusiasm shown here. 

33 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

While I get it's exciting because it's the Rez guy, it's still Tetris. There is only so much you can do with it and even with (what will doubtless be) amazing graphics and sounds, it's still Tetris

Rez, Lumines and CoE are amazing, love them all to death, but this is different as they are confined by the basic building blocks of someone else's game. Not saying it won't be a great version of Tetris, because I am sure that it will, but a little bemused by the level of enthusiasm shown here. 

OH YES!!! :omg:

Ubisoft nearly destroyed Tetris for everyone, then SEGA gave it life and a partner in Puyo Puyo, this is a whole new way to experience the greatest game of all time. Tetris x Lumines, Rez, Child Of Eden... It cannot fail to be amazing. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, bradigor said:

OH YES!!! :omg:

Ubisoft nearly destroyed Tetris for everyone, then SEGA gave it life and a partner in Puyo Puyo, this is a whole new way to experience the greatest game of all time. Tetris x Lumines, Rez, Child Of Eden... It cannot fail to be amazing. 

I really hope so, I love Tetris and most 'modern' versions have been shit. I still play the 3DS version I have with all the bells and whistles switched off, I still play the gameboy version on my 2DS XL as well.

Maybe I can't get too excited because I've not played a better version than the GB one. And I'm looking forward to Lumines Remastered more than this. But I hope it is amazing

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vorgot said:

I really hope so, I love Tetris and most 'modern' versions have been shit. I still play the 3DS version I have with all the bells and whistles switched off, I still play the gameboy version on my 2DS XL as well.

Maybe I can't get too excited because I've not played a better version than the GB one. And I'm looking forward to Lumines Remastered more than this. But I hope it is amazing

You've played Puyo Puyo Tetris yes? If not, get on it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You've played Puyo Puyo Tetris yes? If not, get on it. 

Nope I haven't! Added to my PS4 wishlist, now I just need some money!

EDIT : Not added to my list as it's not there anymore. Fuck. It is available from Amazon though

• Upvote 2

Great trailer.

There is something about seeing a game presented as an art form, rather than the usual game trailers (and indeed movie trailers nowadays) which leave pretty much nothing in terms of surprise for the actual event, but that felt pretty special.

Shame it's PS4 / VR (which I have, but rarely find time to play)

• Upvote 1