Cyhwuhx

Tetris Effect - Mizuguchi does Tetris

19 hours ago, Majora said:

Holy shit at the 1989 skin once it gets going :wub:

think its my favourite one so far, I love it.

only a couple of hours left by looks of it to unlock some avatars in the weekend event.

I just can't handle upside down at anything other than the slowest speed.

this is just so hypnotic and relaxing, so glad it had a demo as I'd dismissed it as 'VR crap' I had no interest in, if not for the demo wouldn't have played what I think is going to be one of my favourite games of the year. 

10 minutes ago, Pug said:

What was the song in the reveal video and is it available anywhere yet?

OST isn't out yet. I read an interview that they needed to make a definitive mix since the music in game is dynamic

Check out rainman

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Majora said:

Holy shit at the 1989 skin once it gets going :wub:

Indeed - but where did this skin come from? I randomly noticed it when I went to play Marathon mode, and now it has gone again. Does it only appear during the weekly rituals?

I really hope it becomes permanently unlockable at some point - if access to it is dependant on something server side, then there will come a time in the future when we will never have access to it again :/

Bought and played this last night when I came in off my chonks in the early hours after a night out. Not sure which bits were game and it is very hard to focus when very drunk.

10/10

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Disc copy get!

Can I ask, are you from the UK? Cause I wanted to purchase a physical copy of the game but it seems like no retailers (I've checked) are selling it. Can only find the digital option to buy it here.

13 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Can I ask, are you from the UK? Cause I wanted to purchase a physical copy of the game but it seems like no retailers (I've checked) are selling it. Can only find the digital option to buy it here.

Ordered it from Amazon France on Thursday, delivered just now. A tad under £30.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spanx said:

Ok. No. Level 12 speed is too much for me on the final stage of area 5 on normal. Even with full zone stored up. Aargh

You'll get there; I was amazed at what was being asked of me later in the game, but you have plenty of wiggle room before a piece has fully "landed". :) 

M15 seems to be my breaking point currently in Master Mode, not that M13 and M14 are easy. Managed to get over 300k in it though which I’m pleased by. Was surprised to see no one has actually cleared it yet though.

41 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Question, having read some stuff about the randomiser bag, is Tetris Effect using a 7 piece bag?

33 minutes ago, Jonster said:

I believe so. The bag draw is part of the guidelines.

27 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Interesting, that’s something I never realised and obviously makes a huge difference to planning (I appreciate this is something incredibly basic but I never knew).

Que?

The pieces aren’t picked completely randomly. All 7 pieces are put into a ‘bag’ and then randomly ordered, once this bag is exhausted another ‘bag’ is created and randomly ordered etc.

Basically every seven pieces are unique tetriminos from the start. You can only ever get repeating pieces at the end of one bag and the beginning of another and the longest space between any one type is 12 pieces.

• Upvote 3

Pretty much this. I can’t say I pay attention to it, it’s just nice having a rough idea of how long I’d need to wait for a particular piece.

It’s that really, I had assumed (stupidly it would appear) each piece was randomly selected but with a weighting that increased the longer a piece failed to be selected.  I didn’t realise how proscriptive the selection actually is. While I’m not suddenly going to be able to get SS ranks I now understand how you can sensibly strategise.

It’s why knowing openings are quite powerful. You always know the first seven pieces you’re going to get (but now the order) so depending on the first pieces you can go for different setups.

To be fair to myself, having read some more, it appears the version of Tetris I know best, the Gameboy one, didn’t use a draw bag and kept a history of 2 to stop 3 in a rows and weighted the tetriminos chance of being selected. That was the impression I got from playing the game and the basis for my assumption that all Tetris variations did this.

Woah, the 'bag' thing is news to me too!  Is there like a nice tutorial explaining succinctly the rules of Tetris' guidelines/systems that someone could recommend?

I've barely played Tetris since the Gameboy and noticed this was different (and fairer). Back then you could go an age waiting for that long block to get a Tetris and sometimes it just wouldn't come. It's nice having a rough idea how close you are here.