Tetris Effect & Connected - PS4 joins on July 4th

7 hours ago, alex3d said:

I know. It still feels like there is something delaying my move. Maybe it's like this though.

Are you hard dropping (pressing up to make the piece instantly fall into place)? 

The first time I played Connected one of the other players didn't seem to know how to do this. It was infuriating :lol:

13 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Are you hard dropping (pressing up to make the piece instantly fall into place)? 

The first time I played Connected one of the other players didn't seem to know how to do this. It was infuriating :lol:

I haven't been hard dropping. Am I supposed to? I mean, I need to evaluate where to put the piece...?!

1 minute ago, alex3d said:

I haven't been hard dropping. Am I supposed to? I mean, I need to evaluate where to put the piece...?!

You can still do that! If you move or rotate the piece it will remain at the top but an outline at the bottom of the well will show you where it will hard drop to. If you've got some jigger-pokery to do to get it into place you can soft drop it, move it into place, then hard drop it. 

I’ve just played this for four hours straight :(

connected when you have a player who doesn’t build up when in the zone, and doesn’t know how to hard drop, is painful.

Half the mechanics aren’t explained though. Does one person in ten know to press A in time to revive themselves if playing with people who can’t consistently create Tetrises?

(I learnt it just before my last game, having wondered what the mechanic was, but google shouldn’t be necessary)

7 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I’ve mentioned it a few times but are there 2 others who want to do a Tetris party tomorrow night at say 9 or 10? Wouldn’t mind a bit of guidance and forum teamwork. 

I will try to make it.

The lady in the house has settled on Classic Score Attack mode as her favorite. I prefer Score Attack, it is like walking into Berlin's Berghain club at 5am in the morning. I really hope Xbox will add VR support down the line! 

50 minutes ago, watusi said:

I think Tetris might well be the perfect game, this is pretty much all I've played on my shiny new Xbox.

I've added a few people for some Tetris shenanigans - Mr Watusi. I need to brush on strategies but i can play fast!

Added. 

• Cyhwuhx changed the title to Tetris Effect & Connected - PS4 joins on July 4th