IGNORED

Tetris Effect Connected - Cross-platform ON

Cyhwuhx

*lol* I finally beat my own sprint record, thinking it would at last earn me the A rank and with it the ‘straight As’ trophy.

Nope!

Still B with 1:48. I guess that means I have to get under 1:40. Don’t see it happening, but then 2 weeks ago I never thought I’d get under 1:50 so I won’t stop trying.

2 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

I know the feeling. I’m 4th on my list on Sprint and 2nd on purify to a friend with 1100 or something. The only one I’m really holding a lead on is Master Mode score!

I'm up to 751 now, and my fucking eyes don't work properly anymore, I've been on it since I posted that last message in here!!

Still prefer '99, but that could be because I'm weird, and like the D pad on the Switch Lite ;)

An invitational tournament covering Zone and Classic battle in Tetris Effect is currently taking place on the Classic Tetris Twitch channel: 

They're having a few issues with the frame rate at the moment, but working to try and fix it!

43 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Finally defeated Area 5!

I'm slowly, but surely, catching you on some of the scores... but not fucking Infected blocks, no Sir, 769 is as good as I managed, and for days now I've not even broken the 700 barrier, arrrggghhh.
Doing OK at multiplayer though, top 3% or better in all I've played, struggled to get a match of Connected on Normal difficulty last night though, just not enough folks about :(

44 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'm slowly, but surely, catching you on some of the scores... but not fucking Infected blocks, no Sir, 769 is as good as I managed, and for days now I've not even broken the 700 barrier, arrrggghhh.
Doing OK at multiplayer though, top 3% or better in all I've played, struggled to get a match of Connected on Normal difficulty last night though, just not enough folks about :(

Oooh which ones? Some of them I just stuck in the SS because it was good enough. Mystery and Countdown... ugh.

I enjoy a spot of Classic Tetris even though I am not good at it, it’s a real different challenge. 

7FF3DD39-3328-4BC4-AA20-CE1CEF453FA9.jpeg

Played for hours tonight, knocked 13 seconds off my best Sprint time. Still just over 2 mins though. Damn this wretched game.

Playing for achievements, and I have A-rank or better in everything else.

EDIT: woke up today, first attempt got me 1m 44s! I guess improved Tetris skills need time to ferment overnight or something.

EDIT EDIT: Finally got my Sprint A-rank this morning (17/12), by 0.25 of a second.

I believe that I can get S-rank in every other mode ... but not this one, which is rather dispiriting.

2 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Oooh which ones? Some of them I just stuck in the SS because it was good enough. Mystery and Countdown... ugh.

I enjoy a spot of Classic Tetris even though I am not good at it, it’s a real different challenge. 

7FF3DD39-3328-4BC4-AA20-CE1CEF453FA9.jpeg

Well, I saw you'd gone ahead of me in Classic, so I hopped in for a game, got placed against some one WAY above my SR level, decided to give it a go anyway... needless to say, I fucked it up, there goes my 100% in Classic then :-(

As for Zone, I'm up to just under 500th in the leader boards, and that challenge thing the other day, I was 6th on the table !!!

Need to get some games of connected in though, the only one I've not had a proper run at.

27 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Oof getting close. Played some fun connected vs today. Pushed my Overall SR above 9000

it__s_over_9000_.png.c72df9f05486089d5b7f1bdd61ec0130.png

Today I mostly learnt how to play the combo mode, managed 45 on my first attempt, 98 by the end of the evening, and 1,500+ points towards that 500k total.

• 2 weeks later...

I play this every day and all your leaderboard rankings and scores scare me :lol:. Im as average as they get and beat a ton of people in score attack which is fine by me but i know i will never be that level (constant double vision is a bitch for this game)

4 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Haha, 3 goes is good! I've had one more goes last multiple hours before :lol:

I had to walk home, it's a 20 minute stomp I "HAVE" to leave work by 11:05 at the very latest, as they turn off the street lights at 11:30, don't want to be falling up kerbs when I'm sober, so need to make sure I'm in the door before the lights go out, if I'd stayed much later, I'd have needed to drive home ;)

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is the version you can buy from the Quest store different from the GamePass version?

GamePass version is "Connected" so I'm guessing so. The Game Pass version will certainly be a different release. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've not really played Tetris much before at all. I've got this for my Oculus Quest 2, but I'm wondering if it's the best format to play it in; you concentrate so much on what you're doing that you don't really have time to look at what's going on around you, and the analog sticks on the Quest controllers aren't the most precise.

Anyway. Do you have to do something to activate the singing in each stage, or am I missing something? I like the 'It's all Connected' track in the opening stage, with the manta rays and so on, but, barring one or two tracks here and there, the rest of them don't seem to kick off midway through as much as the opening one does, and I've beaten them all now apart from the last one.

Am I playing it wrong?