IGNORED

Tetris Effect Connected - Cross-platform ON

Cyhwuhx

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-23-the-best-launch-titles-ever-tetris-on-game-boy

:) Inspired my to dig my GameBoy and Tetris out of the cupboard the other day.... now have this and my Mario game and watch on the desk for the long meetings. :D 

Still an awesome version - personally still think its the best - great pick up and play game.... and don't need a separate screen either... 

Bloody hell, page 4 already.

I’m looking for advice on how to play faster for sprint mode - not as an expert player, just in general. I’ve been stuck at an absolute brick wall for two years, and it’s barely two minutes (average B rank). I don’t think I’ll ever get SS everywhere but I don’t suck at the other modes so speed is absolutely my Achilles heel.

What should I be doing? throwing pieces down as fast as possible without trying to set up perfect lines every time? There’s not much risk of filling up the well so it seems like this would be preferable, but even that doesn’t seem to work for me. Go for Tetris clears? Should I be building a stack with a gap so I can try and combo it for fast clearing? (still seems like it would need too much thinking time).

Googling for tips, it’s all pitched at experts or people trying to be top of the game, I just want to be average! When I watch high level play videos I get nothing useful out of it, because it’s just someone doing something I can’t.

On 19/11/2020 at 21:47, Jolly said:

I've started going through Journey again on Connected which is somehow more astoundingly beautiful than I remember. Have they done anything else to do it aside from the increased resolution? 

Probably the extra filtering that is applied on a system level. Maybe also better audio AMP chips in the console.

20 hours ago, Darwock said:

Bloody hell, page 4 already.

I’m looking for advice on how to play faster for sprint mode - not as an expert player, just in general. I’ve been stuck at an absolute brick wall for two years, and it’s barely two minutes (average B rank). I don’t think I’ll ever get SS everywhere but I don’t suck at the other modes so speed is absolutely my Achilles heel.

What should I be doing? throwing pieces down as fast as possible without trying to set up perfect lines every time? There’s not much risk of filling up the well so it seems like this would be preferable, but even that doesn’t seem to work for me. Go for Tetris clears? Should I be building a stack with a gap so I can try and combo it for fast clearing? (still seems like it would need too much thinking time).

Googling for tips, it’s all pitched at experts or people trying to be top of the game, I just want to be average! When I watch high level play videos I get nothing useful out of it, because it’s just someone doing something I can’t.

Number one tip is keep your focus on where you will place the next piece, not the one currently in play. 

Until you hit sub one minute advice seems to be go 9-1 - so standard tetrises.

Man, I thought I was a pretty decent Tetris player until I played this. In most of these Effect modes, I'm feverishly hammering blocks down as fast as I can, getting back-to-backs and suchlike, totally in the zone, and I end up with a B. I cannot get under 2 minutes in Sprint. I managed 400K+ and an S in Endless Marathon, going from level 8 to 22, but I think I'd have to start the limited Marathon around level 13 to get anywhere near that score. The achievements for "A-rank everywhere" and "S-rank everywhere" are gonna be brutal/impossible for me.

You will improve if you keep playing. It’s just slow. 

With Marathon, I started on level 10 I think and got 700k+. Jonster has almost a million but not sure where he started.

If you practice Master mode and edge up which level you start on gradually, you’ll not panic in the other modes. 

Just play and enjoy. You don't need to compare yourself to @sir stiff_oneor @Jonster . Doing so will drive you bonkers :lol: 

But as Stiff says, just keep playing and you will improve. 

Only thing is, online is unfair at the moment. I am melting opposition without even getting into a rhythm. So don't be disheartened if you get obliterated online right now.

I’ve managed to play enough that I’ve now lost a few games on the one on one ppt style mode (zone!)

Just had a wicked score attack finally. Dude started it on level 15, topped out while I was only a couple of thousand points up. He was quite far ahead lines wise so I think I had a reasonable amount of room to get further ahead but it was super fun.

On 30/11/2020 at 20:21, sir stiff_one said:

You will improve if you keep playing. It’s just slow. 

With Marathon, I started on level 10 I think and got 700k+. Jonster has almost a million but not sure where he started.

If you practice Master mode and edge up which level you start on gradually, you’ll not panic in the other modes. 

I started on 15 with an alright run of ST stacking for that one.

1 hour ago, sir stiff_one said:

Yeah, actually I think I must have done as well as I’ve got nowhere close since. 

Still not cracked area 5. Need a decent team if you and Brad are up for it.

Yeah for sure.

14 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Yeah, actually I think I must have done as well as I’ve got nowhere close since. 

Still not cracked area 5. Need a decent team if you and Brad are up for it.

Forced my way to the all A's, not even seen a stage where I am likely to get an S though, it's tough ( and not as good feeling as '99 ! )

Had my first unfair match tonight, I'm Tier 3, got placed against a Tier 9 player ffs, no idea what level they started at , but it was FAST!! They topped out on level 28, no idea how much time I had left to catch up, but it ran out and I was at almost 500k and had reached 23, they were at somethign like 688k, I did do a record of it as it was crazy, first time I've been up against a wizard!!

If anyone is playing , just shout me, the app will let me know won't it? I'm usually at the office till 11 ish, and the xbox is there, always hapy to thrown down, no comms like Brad though, although mines due to not actually having a headset, some twat decided that Kinect doesn't work on the Series line, and that's what I used :(

11 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Are we Xbox friends already? Sir Stiff One

its the SR (skill rating I guess) that determines how ‘good’ a player is. The tiers are an indication too.

Added you ;)

Just had a go on endless mode, started at Lvl 15, it doesn't go any faster :( Played till I had reached 1,010 lines, killed myself off, otherwise I'd have been there all bloody day !!