rllmuk
Goose

Bumblebee - Transformers Spin-off

Decepticon villains revealed

Shatter, a red Plymouth Satellite, voiced by Angela Bassett.

Dropkick, a blue AMC Javelin, voiced by Justin Theroux.

I can't confirm the red car and the blue car have a race.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Decepticon villains revealed

Shatter, a red Plymouth Satellite, voiced by Angela Bassett.

Dropkick, a blue AMC Javelin, voiced by Justin Theroux.

I can't confirm the red car and the blue car have a race.

They're more like the mostly grey cars. <_<

Loving the G1 designs but ive a bad feeling we will prob get 1/2 mins of footage of them on cybertron (or just slightly explanded on what the trailer has shown) and then the rest will be just be bumblebee and the 2 deceptacon villians on earth.  We know megatron wont be in this movie as he he would be currently deactivated in hoover dam) .   Also from this trailer it would appear that the US milirary knew of transformers on earth way before the first movie (only section seven suposidily knew of them) 

would love a proper reboot with Gen 1 designs and totally forgetting the bay movie convoluted time lines.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, papalazarou said:

would love a proper reboot with Gen 1 designs and totally forgetting the bay movie convoluted time lines.

Not impossible that this film could lead to that. It’s not like the other films have that tight a continuity...

I've enjoyed Kobo, so hopefully this will be an actual family friendly movie, in that the heroes aren't all awful like in the Bay movies.  It should  be a nice matinée experience with my daughter.  Should.  It's a bit too much to hope for, isnt it?

The quick shots of 

Spoiler

what looks like Cybertron and G1 Optimus

are fucking incredible! Like someone who actually had a whiff of a clue about why the Transformers were so important for us when we were kids has been involved.

The fact the Transformers movie slate has been cleared does make it feel like they are testing the waters with Bumblebee and if it delivers on the promise of some of those trailer shots then I would welcome a new spin on the franchise!

23 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

The quick shots of 

Hide contents

what looks like Cybertron and G1 Optimus

are fucking incredible! Like someone who actually had a whiff of a clue about why the Transformers were so important for us when we were kids has been involved.

The fact the Transformers movie slate has been cleared does make it feel like they are testing the waters with Bumblebee and if it delivers on the promise of some of those trailer shots then I would welcome a new spin on the franchise!

don't forget

Spoiler

G1 shockwave, soundwave and ravage, and cybertronian form seekers!

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

don't forget

Hide contents

G1 shockwave, soundwave and ravage, and cybertronian form seekers!

Yeah, that's what I mean about the Cybertron shots. Soundwave especially with Ravage and the beautiful, unmistakable G1 models.

Please be great!

22 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Not impossible that this film could lead to that. It’s not like the other films have that tight a continuity...

Yeah. Nothing at all stopping them going "Fuck it fam" and chucking the entire Bayverse in the skip where it belongs and doing the job properly. Here's hoping.

• Upvote 1

Almost all of the movie premises were handled a million times better in single episodes of the G1 cartoon. I have never understood how studios are able to fuck things up so catastrophically when the source material is so detailed and rich. The first movies need to tie every little thing back to some element of modern culture and society (Ebay, the WWW, scanning modern vehicles to advertise them, etc.) completely crippled it.

Detached from that baggage (which Bumblee looks to be) there is the opportunity to create something truly special!

Talk of it leading in to a whole rebooted series is surely too good to be true, but I suppose they could just keep going forward in time and gradually overwrite the originals.

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Clear shot of this films Prime. I am stupidly optimistic for this. Even if he is just in a flash back it's still a billion times better than anything bay did.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20181127_181544.thumb.jpg.a286f6fab8bc9702c0486c4b7534a318.jpg

This makes me equal parts excited and angry. Excited because Bumblee continues to look like it could be great and angry because why the fuck now? Why not 11 years and billions of pounds ago?! Why has it taken 5 films?!

It may all still go completely tits up, but for now I’m just going to remain optimistic that a live action Transformers movie could potentially come close to the original animated one. And if they do deliver on this then reboot the whole fucking thing, I will accept any reason they put forward to justify it (parallel universes, changed timed lines, the Bay movies were actually Go Bots). I will even accept no reason whatsoever. Just please make up for the 90% of utter nonsense that has come before.

• Upvote 1

I've watched the trailers more times than is healthy and I'm worried this film won't take the money Hasbro/Paramount want it to take (unless the suits have somehow tempered their expectations) simply because it looks like an expensive passion project. From a fan and consumer point of view that's ace, but not really from a studio point of view. It also seems from the Last Knight that fatigue had set in with cinema goers, so I've no idea who this is aimed at. 

Plus they brought out the toys stupidly early, so most of them are discounted already before the film is even out. Also they were all a bit rubbish.

• Upvote 1