Goose

Bumblebee - Transformers Spin-off

Reviews all seem positive so far.. only criticism seems to be it goes a bit heavy on the 'oooh look it's the 80's' in terms of music etc. and it homages ET perhaps a little too well for parts of the film.. Given the shitshows the Bay movies were though.. seems it's a good step in the right direction..

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, MDY said:

... only criticism seems to be it goes a bit heavy on the 'oooh look it's the 80's' in terms of music etc. 

On what planet is that a valid criticism? ;)

• Upvote 1

I saw this last night. Pretty standard enough yet kinda fun - and felt more Transformers than many of the other diabolical films.

Yes the music was a little crammed in (although there's one bit that pops up when they are up on the cliff which was awesome) and also the Cybertron stuff was short lived - come on it was always going to be. Yet so, so worth it. And yes, a G1 Cybertron movie would be simply amazing <3

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2018 at 10:20, MDY said:

Reviews all seem positive so far.. only criticism seems to be it goes a bit heavy on the 'oooh look it's the 80's' in terms of music etc. and it homages ET perhaps a little too well for parts of the film.. Given the shitshows the Bay movies were though.. seems it's a good step in the right direction..

• Upvote 3

I saw this today and I took my 6 year old son along who had seen most of the previous efforts apart from the last one as I couldn’t bare to watch another Michael Bay Transformers film. 

The first 5 minutes of this movie are exactly what the other films should have been. I went in with very low expectations but I’ve got to say that I really enjoyed it. It actually has a story that you can follow, you can tell who is fighting who, the design of the characters is spot on as are the voices. It’s a bit cheesy in places but that’s to be expected. It’s certainly a lot more entertaining than the previous films.

My son got a bit upset at times as Bumble certainly takes a kicking along the way.

• Upvote 6

I actually didn't want to see this until I saw the trailer with the G1 stuff on Cybertron in. It was always going to be a short piece. I mean if they spooled that out for 90 minutes, where would the budget have gone?

I noticed it did ape ET a bit, and reading other reviews they agree.

In other news is John Cena ageing really quickly? He;s 41 yet suddenly his face seems to be caving in on itself.

5 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Since when have boomboxes been lame..?

Always.  Even in the 80's Shockwave's* alt mode was only one step above the Big skyscraper robot.  He was usually the t-shaped Cybertron lamppost in our household.

* Soundwave.  I won't edit out my shame and will live with it for the rest of forever.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Always.  Even in the 80's Shockwave's alt mode was only one step above the Big skyscraper robot.  He was usually the t-shaped Cybertron lamppost in our household.

wait, do you mean Soundwave?

Shockwave was a "space cannon".

I know that I’ve posted this before but some of you guys might not have seen it. These were co-written & voiced by myself & Jon Bailey who actually voices Shockwave & Soundeave in Bumblebee (although I voice Soundeave in this)

• Upvote 3

On 20/12/2018 at 19:26, monkeydog said:

Always.  Even in the 80's Shockwave's* alt mode was only one step above the Big skyscraper robot.  He was usually the t-shaped Cybertron lamppost in our household.

* Soundwave.  I won't edit out my shame and will live with it for the rest of forever.

Soundwave was a mini-cassette recorder. The cartoon turned him into a boombox, but his original function was to record voice memos. ;)

Really enjoyed this, nostalgic as fuck , a great soundtrack, great lead character and a whole lot of hope for the future sequels

The 2 decepticons were great!

• Upvote 1

I thought it was decent enough. The middle really sagged though and all the high school hunk with the nasty girlfriend stuff should have been trimmed, but easily the best Transformers film. Undoubtedly, it’ll probably do the least amount of money at the box office.