rllmuk
Hitcher

Hitman 2

31 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

You can also buy the Legacy Pack directly from within Hitman 2, without having to own Hitman 2016. 

Oh yes, true. That’s what I did in fact. It’s quite easy to find 2016 cheap on disc but I don’t know if you have to have the disc in the drive to play the legacy levels. 

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

Oh yes, true. That’s what I did in fact. It’s quite easy to find 2016 cheap on disc but I don’t know if you have to have the disc in the drive to play the legacy levels. 

I think - from what I've heard - you load up Hitman 1 and export the legacy levels from there, but after that you can uninstall the first game because it's no longer needed.

Hitman 1 GOTY is £11.25 on the Xbox at the moment (or was for me with gold, might be £14 without?)

I had the base game and 3 or 4 episodes so used a gamepass trial to get the others to use in Hitman 2. I’ve just bought GOTY now instead to support the developer and I now have Patient Zero as well.

New elusive target today too I believe!

• Upvote 2

New elusive target is live!

Spoiler

IMG-20181221-WA0034.thumb.jpg.6d6175c3aa8b09ce261e3058fda5bab5.jpg

Correction: was live, now very much dead ^_^

After fucking up the first one, it feels good to SA the shit out of this one!

Edit: I should note that this elusive target is relatively easy and very straightforward.

• Upvote 1

In other news, I also mastered Santa Fortuna. My second one after Mumbai. Only thing left that I want to do there is SA/SO on master - before doing the elusive target I did SA/SO on professional, so I already have a way. I only need to do it in one go. That's all! Then for the Holiday Hoarders content and then onwards to the next level to master/SA/SO!

This is the best game :wub:

• Upvote 2

Almost completed the SA/SO on master challenge in Santa Fortuna but I got caught trespassing on my way to an exit after eliminating all the targets:facepalm:

My SA/SO run on professional didn't work anyway because of items being moved around on master and NPCs being slightly more watchful. After loads of experimentation I figured out that a combination of a coconut and a silenced pistol (coconut is essential!) worked wonders on getting a quick, clean kill on the female target. The old bastard was the hardest, lots and lots of sneaking about in the cocoa fields!

• Upvote 1

On 20/12/2018 at 22:28, Garwoofoo said:

I think - from what I've heard - you load up Hitman 1 and export the legacy levels from there, but after that you can uninstall the first game because it's no longer needed.

Is this true can anyone confirm? I got Hitman 2 for Chrimbo and am reinstalling the first one now. I didnt clock it on release so looking forward to digging into the 12 (?) enormous levels. Truly a sumptuous Christmas feast.

32 minutes ago, SM47 said:

Is this true can anyone confirm? I got Hitman 2 for Chrimbo and am reinstalling the first one now. I didnt clock it on release so looking forward to digging into the 12 (?) enormous levels. Truly a sumptuous Christmas feast.

I think so. You still have to download the legacy versions of the old levels though I believe. 

I've spent about 10 hours just on Paris of Hitman 2016 legacy, I'm loving it! Got silent assassin and most of the missions but I can't help feeling I've perhaps left a few too many help settings on. I think I'm just gonna keep doing challenges on this level until I'm bored, will make the next one feel like such a treat when I start it.

Any recommendations for how to progress in a satisfying way? I'd like decent challenge and discovery without hours of aimless wondering.

Personally I turn off Opportunities, minimap and instinct when I’m playing a new levels. I switch instinct back on once I know the level and just trying to complete challenges are do SA/SO. Opportunities basically spoil the game in my opinion. You should be finding the clues yourself and working out how to exploit situations. 

See if you can figure out a silent assassin/suit only run for Paris, @Timmo, it’s a really good challenge and can be done quite cleanly once you figure out the puzzle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Personally I turn off Opportunities, minimap and instinct when I’m playing a new levels. I switch instinct back on once I know the level and just trying to complete challenges are do SA/SO. Opportunities basically spoil the game in my opinion. You should be finding the clues yourself and working out how to exploit situations. 

See if you can figure out a silent assassin/suit only run for Paris, @Timmo, it’s a really good challenge and can be done quite cleanly once you figure out the puzzle. 

Will do, racking my brains now how it could be possible suit only - does that mean I can't use disguises at all? Also does it matter where I start?

32 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Will do, racking my brains now how it could be possible suit only - does that mean I can't use disguises at all? Also does it matter where I start?

You can start anywhere that doesn’t dictate a disguise. Yeah it means you have to only use your starting suit. You have to go through all the assassination opportunities trying to work out which can be done without having to change your clothes. The Paris run I did included a very brief bit of trespassing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SM47 said:

I just installed them through Hitman 2 menus. Store > Legacy Pack.

Yes you can.

I don't even own any of Hitman 2 but after installing the legacy pack I deleted Hitman 2016.

By the time I've finished with the 2016 levels I imagine Hitman 2 will be £20 in a sale...

• Upvote 1

I read something earlier where someone said they chucked a car battery at a character which knocked them out but they fell into a puddle, as did the battery which then promptly electrocuted them.

Can this happen?

9 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I read something earlier where someone said they chucked a car battery at a character which knocked them out but they fell into a puddle, as did the battery which then promptly electrocuted them.

Can this happen?

Yes, and it's a totally legit way of getting an electrocution assassination. 

This is the best game.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Timmo said:

@Pob What setting do you have Challenges on? I've put them on minimal which seems a good middle ground, although I'm not sure I have the imagination to decipher half of them!

He turns off all the hints etc and sits in another room so he can’t see the tv too

• Upvote 3

If you have opportunities, or whatever they hints are called in this, on full then the game becomes a really rote exercise in following the breadcrumb trail the game lays out for you. I always turn them off to begin with and only start enabling hints when I feel like I've exhausted everything I can think of.

• Upvote 1