Jump to content
rllmuk
Hitcher

Hitman 2

Recommended Posts

I was thinking along similar lines. I was originally planning to finish up a good few games before Sekiro in March. Then I started Hitman 2 and it became finishing this and Yakuza 2 before Sekiro in March. Now that I've been playing for two weeks or so I'm at the point where I think Hitman 2 will easily last me until Sekiro in March.

 

In February I will probably ask From if they can't delay Sekiro a few months. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Public service announcement: I hereby declare after extensive field research that Hitman 2 (2018) is better than Hitman: Blood Money.

 

It's so so good :wub: After playing all the levels, I'm now going through each one, doing a deep dive to clean up all the challenges and achieving mastery. And instead of being busywork, the game becomes even more enjoyable at that point. IO's level design is sublime.

 

Oooooh.

 

Maybe I should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Public service announcement: I hereby declare after extensive field research that Hitman 2 (2018) is better than Hitman: Blood Money.

 

It's so so good :wub: After playing all the levels, I'm now going through each one, doing a deep dive to clean up all the challenges and achieving mastery. And instead of being busywork, the game becomes even more enjoyable at that point. IO's level design is sublime.

 

It is. It's amazing that the series has stuck to what it does well for so long. The franchise is almost 20 years old. Yes, there was Absolution but there have been two games since then which returned the series to its roots and also modernised everything. Absolution looks like a blip now rather than a nail in the coffin. It's 100% peerless.

 

That said, when I was re-reading the Blood Money thread I was reminded of how many systems and features that are still missing: the newspaper/notoriety system, in depth customisation and ammo selection, civvies picking up dropped weapons and fighting back, the human shield move, disarming guards, turning out lights, carrying crates/plates with prohibited items stowed, blood trails and AI that will follow them etc etc.

 

Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2(2) have obviously added a lot more besides, though. One of the biggest triumphs is the structure, unlocks and challenge system. It's perfectly pitched for the type of game it is, and really rewards playing levels in different ways.

 

It's unbelievable looking back that BM didn't even track which level you'd Silent Assassined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Public service announcement: I hereby declare after extensive field research that Hitman 2 (2018) is better than Hitman: Blood Money.

 Holy shit, so you are saying this is the best Hitman game!

 

Damn, i own it, just trying to finish rdr first and there's no way I'm rushing it. Can't wait though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pob said:

 

It's unbelievable looking back that BM didn't even track which level you'd Silent Assassined.

I'm sure it did, put a symbol or something on the mission screen. It's been so long since i played out though. But i did silent assassin every map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cool Ben said:

I'm sure it did, put a symbol or something on the mission screen. It's been so long since i played out though. But i did silent assassin every map!

Nope. Only indication was an achievement for doing 5 Silent Assassins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'Holiday Hoarders' Christmas-themed mission is back in Hitman 2.

 

Worth reading the patch notes for the next patch - the copywriter has gone to some lengths to make them entertaining:

 

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/

 

Quote

Too Much Sugar
We’ve fixed an issue where Agent 47 could insert an infinite number of coins into a vending machine by concealing a coin in the briefcase. We laughed at this one, but it’s still been fixed.

SFX Connection
We’ve added a sound effect that plays when you have connected to another player in the lobby. It sounds a bit like “whooosh-ka-ching”, but we recommend you play Ghost Mode to hear it for yourself.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after going through all the levels once and seeing the story, I'm still playing just the one level over and over again ever since. I started the rinsing process with Mumbai and I keep finding new things! And there's still a lot more looking at the challenges list... I'm probably not going to do all of those but I do want to unlock dat Silent Assassin/Suit Only/Master Difficulty challenge! That's what I'm working my way towards now, trying to find a way without changing my clothes (wearing the classic suit, obv) and without bodies being found - those mission stories are great fun but they're mostly useless for SA/SO runs without bodies found... It really forces you to get creative. Game of the generation probably, can't think of any other which combines such intricate design with so much freedom and emergent possibilities.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I really think SA/SO is the ultimate challenge in this game. Something to work towards when you know the levels inside out. I've been delighted with each one I've figured out (except for A Gilded Cage, which ended up a bit hacky).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've figured out SA/SO approaches for two of the three targets in Mumbai, just that final third one to go...

 

Everything beforehand - playing all the mission stories, unlocking as many challenges as possible, general exploration - is indeed just preparation for a proper SA/SO run in Master difficulty.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah there is a danger with some of the mission stories that some people will just do those and as you are handheld through it think it’s a bit crap.

 

Which it isn’t.

 

They are still fun and show you the level a bit but they take a lot away from the experience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've figured out SA/SO approaches for two of the three targets in Mumbai, just that final third one to go...

 

Everything beforehand - playing all the mission stories, unlocking as many challenges as possible, general exploration - is indeed just preparation for a proper SA/SO run in Master difficulty.  

Oh shit I missed that you'd put Master difficulty. I've not attempted that mode much. It used to be called 'Pro' and was a bit unbalanced in Hitman 2016. How is it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pob said:

Oh shit I missed that you'd put Master difficulty. I've not attempted that mode much. It used to be called 'Pro' and was a bit unbalanced in Hitman 2016. How is it now?

 

If you do everything right you won’t notice the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Yeah there is a danger with some of the mission stories that some people will just do those and as you are handheld through it think it’s a bit crap.

 

Which it isn’t.

 

They are still fun and show you the level a bit but they take a lot away from the experience.

I like them, especially in 2 they allow for some crazy and hilarious Hitman moments. And they're essential stepping stones towards being able to play the levels as you would play the levels in Blood Money - they're too intricate now to immediately start in the deep end. And even though the mission stories themselves are often (always?) useless by themselves for SA/SO runs, you *can* exploit aspects of them to manipulate NPCs or the environment.

 

After having my initial doubts, I now think they're great :)

 

12 minutes ago, Pob said:

Oh shit I missed that you'd put Master difficulty. I've not attempted that mode much. It used to be called 'Pro' and was a bit unbalanced in Hitman 2016. How is it now?

I haven't had any problem whatsoever on Master. I don't know how different it could be tbh, there are more security cameras and mission stories aren't marked, but that's it. Maybe you take more damage, I dunno, but if you're getting into firefights you're doing it wrong anyway ;) Oh thr biggest difference: only one save and no checkpoints. Make that one save count, agent.

 

I played on professional (medium) until I mastered the Mumbai level and then I bumped it to Master for the SA/SO run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr. Gerbik I just meant if someone with not much previous experience of hitman picked this up and just followed the mission stories and didn’t go back and replay they might be puzzled by it as it essentially gives you a solution to the level.

 

I’ve had a lot of fun with them personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I haven't had any problem whatsoever on Master. I don't know how different it could be tbh, there are more security cameras and mission stories aren't marked, but that's it. Maybe you take more damage, I dunno, but if you're getting into firefights you're doing it wrong anyway ;) Oh thr biggest difference: only one save and no checkpoints. Make that one save count, agent.

 

I played on professional (medium) until I mastered the Mumbai level and then I bumped it to Master for the SA/SO run.

 

Hmm, I guess for SA it doesn't make a large amount of difference because things like disguises being ruined by blood fuck up the SA anyway. But in H2016 there were new enforcer guards in awkward positions, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pob said:

 

Hmm, I guess for SA it doesn't make a large amount of difference because things like disguises being ruined by blood fuck up the SA anyway. But in H2016 there were new enforcer guards in awkward positions, for example.

I've only played Mumbai on Master, abd then only for SA/SO, so I can't really say. 

 

I never kill anyone for a disguise in Hitman anyway, never have in any Hitman game, so I would never have noticed the blood spatter thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I never kill anyone for a disguise in Hitman anyway, never have in any Hitman game, so I would never have noticed the blood spatter thing!

That's a lie! I read plenty of your accounts of Blood Money missions gone awry. Don't tell me you never took a disguise from those unfortunates you had to kill to preserve your cover.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pob said:

That's a lie! I read plenty of your accounts of Blood Money missions gone awry. Don't tell me you never took a disguise from those unfortunates you had to kill to preserve your cover.

That's, uhm, a different Hitman in those pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which reminds me that accidents do happen... during one of my attempts at getting SA in Mumbai I was disguised as a barber and found myself shaving an innocent client of the barber shop. The game offers two prompts; either finish the shave or finish the client... I accidentally pressed the wrong button :facepalm: Killed an innocent bystander :facepalm: 47 just couldn't help himself :facepalm:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting some really bad screen tearing.  I don't think Vsync does anything in the options, I tried putting it on 2 which is meant to limit it to 30 fps but it makes no difference and still runs at about 50-60.  I tried in the nvidia settings and that doesn't help.  I have tried lowering all the graphics and makes no difference.

 

Any ideas?

 

The game is fantastic btw, finding it much harder to solve the puzzle than I did with the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is obvious/known, but buying Hitman 2016 GOTY (currently £12.99 on PSN), you can play the legacy version in Hitman 2 (adds some features) without buying Hitman 2 itself. It works in the free base game.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic. Cant believe I almost passed it by. Special thanks to @Mars who was kind enough to pick one up for ne when Argos was selling it cheap.

 

One question though. I've read that you can upgrade 2 to include all of HM1 levels? I cant see any way of doing this in the UK PS4 store. I can buy HM1 and I can buy the HM2 season pass. How does that work then? Is it a case of buying HM1 and the levels unlock in HM2? 

 

Edit. Nevermind,  found you can only access it via the game menu and not in the store directly.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you own Hitman 2016, you will then be allowed to download the ‘Legacy’ levels into Hitman 2 for no charge. They’re seperate packages though, so actually you don’t actually need Hitman 2016 on your hard drive. 

 

Basically, you need to buy Hitman 2016. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.