rllmuk
Hitcher

Hitman 2

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

@Pob

This is an excellent video. I had no idea so much detailed was modelled into the vehicles when it comes to gunshots and explosions e.g shooting off fuel caps to cause a leak, or making sure the target is near the fuel tank when making a car explode.

I was really enjoying this game, got to level 3 and its all a bit....overwhelming. Got to kill 3 people in a huge level. Every time i start it I just think Can’t he bothered, need to get back into it as I love the concept 

3 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Can you get sniper rifles in the story missions or just the special sniper missions? Played all through the storyline and didn't see one. 

You get them at certain mastery levels on certain stages. On my phone so don’t have a list to hand but depending on what content you have getting a silenced one is a bit of a pain (if you only have base hitman 2 then you need to put in a bunch of work into Sgail). You can check each levels mastery unlocks from the destination menu.

• Upvote 1

On 25/01/2019 at 16:49, Fneeb said:

You get them at certain mastery levels on certain stages. On my phone so don’t have a list to hand but depending on what content you have getting a silenced one is a bit of a pain (if you only have base hitman 2 then you need to put in a bunch of work into Sgail). You can check each levels mastery unlocks from the destination menu.

I only just realised there is a sweet variant of the Sieger (4x scope apparently) available by completing the Escalation contract in Marrakesh. I'm two stages in, should finish it this evening. Incidentally, this is the first time I've done an Escalation since the early days, when I didn't really dig the concept, and it's been really fun. Another whole level of mission to explore!

In big news, I finally unlocked the 'The Classics' for the Legacy levels! The Sniper Assassin challenges fell pretty quick. It was pretty easy, as I was armed with such a complete knowledge of the map layouts and target movements. As expected, Bangkok was the hardest. There aren't many sightlines and seemingly decent sniper spots are either too exposed or require some heavy cleaning beforehand. I did Ken when he was out the front of the hotel from a quite office in his suite. You can just see his ripe head from that room. I lured Jordan down to the lobby by posing as an exterminator, cleared the atrium room and managed to find an angle to snipe him through the foliage when he was isolated. Took ages to get that one done.

The others were really great little challenges and felt really Hitmanny to pull off. Even Colorado, once you understand the odd way AI responds to sniper fire.

I might even move onto Hitman 2 soon. It's going to feel odd leaving the safety blanket of the Legacy maps.

16 minutes ago, Pob said:

I only just realised there is a sweet variant of the Sieger (4x scope apparently) available by completing the Escalation contract in Marrakesh. I'm two stages in, should finish it this evening. Incidentally, this is the first time I've done an Escalation since the early days, when I didn't really dig the concept, and it's been really fun. Another whole level of mission to explore!

Yeah that's the best one (and the easiest to get funnily enough), was from the GOTY dlc for 2016 so it's not guaranteed that people playing 2 will have access to it. Similar thing with the Krugermeier from Bangkok, there's no other pistol that's as quiet, you can't get a subsonic & silenced pistol in 2 at all.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fneeb said:

Yeah that's the best one (and the easiest to get funnily enough), was from the GOTY dlc for 2016 so it's not guaranteed that people playing 2 will have access to it. Similar thing with the Krugermeier from Bangkok, there's no other pistol that's as quiet, you can't get a subsonic & silenced pistol in 2 at all.

Ah right. Interesting about Krugermeier as well. There are so many gadgets I've not explored. A totally silent pistol would probably have come in pretty useful in some of my Master challenge attempts.

I was just reading this list of things the remote EMP charge (a Hitman 2 unlock) can do. So many useful applications when attempting some of the tougher challenges: 

Legal item in hand
-Legal to put on a surface (wall/floor etc.)
-Legal to trigger
-Illegal throwing it
-Not lethal item (explosion kill)
-Civilian and VIP NPCs pick it up (like a coin)
-Triggering it while NPC carries the EMP, doesn’t affect NPC
-If the carrying NPC is walking through puddle/water/overflown sink you can trigger it and he gets electrocuted (accident kill)
-It can destroy evidence trough walls (Usefull for Hokkaido)
-It can turn off or on electric items (TV, fuse box, radio)
-It can open doors which need a keycard, without destroying the door (you can still open and close the door)
-It can ignite leaked propane
-It can be used as taser in puddles and leaked aquarium (electrocution accident)
-It can break cameras and destroy evidence
-Example: You want to use a TV/fusebox/radio as distraction (to lure your target to that place) but you want to trigger it at a specific moment/time. But in that specific moment you are not close enough to the TV to turn it on.
With the emp charge, you can put it first next to the TV. Now you can trigger it whenever you need to turn on the TV.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to experiment a little more with the new equipment while taking breaks to calm down from Resi 2. My new favourite way to SASO Paris is to flashbang the balcony where Dalia drinks from around the corner and poison her wine (I feel like flashbanging that many people should be a bigger deal than the game makes it :lol:), then electrocute Viktor with the tazer and a flooded sink (he paths close to one near the kitchen, reading your post you could also use the EMP charge). 

• Upvote 1

Just realised after god knows how long playing this game that you can slight-press the right trigger to briefly slow time when aiming some of the sniper rifles :doh:

1 minute ago, Hitcher said:

Yes, but then I played and completed 'Sniper Assassin - The Last Yardbird' first.

Yeah, I used it in the old Sniper Assassin game and also in Hitman Absolution, I just didn't think it was in this. I think I tried it out on the Silverballer (which had slow-mo in Absolution) and it didn't work so I assumed it just wasn't in the game. Mind blown. To be fair it's only on the more advanced sniper rifles.

I did The Appraiser elusive target last night, having never played Isle if Sgail before.

Wow, what an awesome map that is. I've never felt more Bondy in a game. It was pretty daunting going fresh into an 8-storey labyrinthine environment for the first time with no idea where the target was, but I loved every second of it.

After some wandering around the party in my tux, I got shown round a high-end luxury survivalist shelter. One of the doors I tried went into a quiet, off-limits back room that looked promising, so I slipped in there. The saleswoman saw something fishy was happening but I hid when she came to investigate. Sure enough it lead to some sewers and then a crypt and I felt like I was making progress. I opened an Indiana Jones-style stone door and a caretaker came to investigate. He provided my disguise for the rest of the mission.

After more wandering around and scouting the place from the tumble-down chapel tower, I stumbled into an art gallery and saw my target. She was talking to the Belloq lookalike from the briefing. I watched Belloq for a bit and he didn't seem like he was going anywhere. I could see a mezzanine that overlooked the gallery so I made my way up to look for opportunities. Sure enough, there was a chandelier over his head. I decided that would be my method. I knew Belloq would be collateral damage and thus I wasn't going to be getting the Silent Assassin rating, which let me off the hook a bit.

There was an enforcer guard and another caretaker on that mezzanine who threatened to spot me if I fired my suppressed gun at the chandelier support, so I thought it safest to deal with them first. Luckily there was a body-sized box right there and I'd brought my fibre wire. I chucked one of the commemorative coins I'd found lying around to distract the guard and very quickly strangled and dumped the caretaker. I hid him just in time. Then I did the same to the guard, who returned to his post with his back to me.

It was then just a case of waiting for the target to return and timing the shot to drop the chandelier. Everything went as planned, and I was smugly making my way down when I remembered I was supposed to find and steal her notebook as well. Fuck. I was told it wouldn't be on her person but I investigated the scene of the accident anyway to see if either casualty had dropped any clues. I found a keycard and a chapel key. The chapel. That's where the notebook must be. I'd climbed the chapel tower earlier, so I knew roughly where to go.

I let myself into the crumbling chapel, dodging an enforcer who'd got to the stage of say "hey!" to me. I slipped out of sight and she lost interest. There were two caretakers in the chapel, one of whom was an enforcer. I'd need to take both out to safely get the notebook. I did a quick wrench-throw and choke-out one-two, quickly grabbed the notebook and slipped out of a window before anyone turned up to investigate.

My heart racing by this point, I just had to get to an exit. The nearest one was behind a locked door, but I found another open window. I skirted round one final enforcer and exited via the catacombs.

Accident kill on the target, three non-target kills and a couple of close shaves. Probably my favourite elusive experience yet in Hitman 2.

• Upvote 5

I fucked up the fucking elusive fucking target when some fucking knobhead enforcer came around a corner at the wrong fucking time and ended up fucking shooting me. Fuck.

• Empathy 1

Welcome to February in HITMAN 2 – a month full of content that will give you new challenges and new rewards. Each week, you’ll be able to play something completely fresh and new in the world of assassination.

Here’s a better look at everything that’s coming your way.

February 8 – The Fugitive Legacy Elusive Target
On February 8th we’ll introduce the very first Legacy Elusive Target. Some of you might know it, others may not. The Fugitive will be available in Hokkaido for 10 days starting February 8th. More intel on this target to follow.

February 14 – Sharman Shenanigans Challenge Pack
It’s time to find your inner Shaman, and complete this set of new challenges in Santa Fortuna, Colombia by wearing the Shaman disguise. By completing these new challenges, you’ll unlock the Shaman Powder!  Shaman Powder is a mysterious powder that when thrown, explodes in a dust of powder, knocking out anyone nearby.

February 21 – Featured Contracts
All Featured Contracts are created by members of the community and then added to the game for all players to enjoy. For HITMAN 2, we will pick our Featured Contracts based on themes. Since February holds the ever-so-cherished Valentines Day, we are setting up a Hitman-inspired theme of love, labelled “BROKEN HEARTS“.
However the theme is interpreted, is up to the creator.

If you want to submit your take on this month’s theme – click here – to see how you can submit your contract.

March 1 – The Politician Elusive Target
A new Elusive Target will arrive for the first time in Hawke’s Bay for 10 days. More intel regarding The Politician will arrive closer to the initial date.

February Game Update

Our February Update is shaping up nicely and we’re excited to share the full details on some of the community-requested quality of life changes, gameplay tweaks and bug fixes that it will bring.

Before then, we also want to give all players an advanced heads-up that when the update arrives in late February, we will be removing 3 challenges from the Isle of Sgail location; All The King’s Men, Making Waves and No Budget For A Railing. After a sweep of the challenges in the game, we think that these particular challenges encourage the killing of multiple non-targets and they’re not fun to complete. We’ve also factored community feedback into the decision and wanted to tell you ahead of time.

We won’t be removing and XP or progression if you’ve already completed these challenges but they will be removed from the game with Update 2.14, so you’ll have no in-game proof of your exploits. If you haven’t completed them yet, you’ve got until the last week in February to do so before they’re gone.

febfinal.png

Really glad they're doing the Legacy elusives as well, and they started with Hokkaido so i've got the best suit back :wub: If you want an easy SA (that might take a few restarts mind you)

Spoiler

Start as a chef or grab a uniform on site, bring in some poison or cut the fugu fish in the kitchen freezer. Pop up the stairs (be mindful of enforcers) and poison the glass of wine on the counter (if you're coming up the kitchen stairs, it's the second from the left). One of the three will drink from that wine, if you get a non-target kill restart and try again. Not the most fun way of doing it but a solid SA method!

Watching the briefing reminded me of one minor complaint I have about this game, I want the 2016 menu music back, the Hitman 2 one is just kinda there and isn't that great imo.

In case anyone else is interested in Sniper contacts here a list from Reddit of contracts created by Kevin Rudd.

3799z51jwif21.jpg

Xbox (Thanks, u/CamTheChest):

Sniper Assassin: Bangkok           3-08-1690600-80
    Sniper Assassin: Beach Tower       3-13-0599391-80
    Sniper Assassin: Fishing Village   3-12-3228477-80
    Sniper Assassin: Isle of Sgail     3-21-3594261-80
    Sniper Assassin: Landslide         3-04-6430250-80
    Sniper Assassin: Marrakesh         3-06-3627877-80
    Sniper Assassin: Miami             3-11-2494195-19
    Sniper Assassin: Mumbai            3-13-4885908-80
    Sniper Assassin: Palace Gardens    3-02-5822484-80
    Sniper Assassin: Paris             3-02-6082974-80
    Sniper Assassin: Ruins             3-03-5010566-80
    Sniper Mission: Sapienza Square    3-03-1779439-80
    Sniper Assassin: Sapienza          3-03-3128186-80
    Sniper Assassin: Schoolyard        3-07-2103608-80
    Sniper Ninja                       3-10-1916755-80
    Suburban Sniper                    3-22-5541534-80

PC (Author Kevin Rudd aka u/alban3se)

Sniper Assassin: Bangkok           1-08-3046680-52
    Sniper Assassin: Beach Tower       1-13-1699370-52
    Sniper Assassin: Fishing Village   1-12-0316695-52
    Sniper Assassin: Isle of Sgail     1-21-4839062-52
    Sniper Assassin: Landslide         1-04-6399996-52
    Sniper Assassin: Marrakesh         1-06-4541901-52
    Sniper Assassin: Miami             1-11-6307132-52
    Sniper Assassin: Mumbai            1-13-8866180-52
    Sniper Assassin: Palace Gardens    1-02-9722442-52
    Sniper Assassin: Paris             1-02-8509213-52
    Sniper Assassin: Ruins             1-03-9282887-52
    Sniper Mission: Sapienza Square    1-03-8441987-52
    Sniper Assassin: Sapienza          1-03-7379619-52
    Sniper Assassin: Schoolyard        1-07-8698383-52
    Sniper Ninja                       1-10-1751388-52
    Suburban Sniper                    1-22-5153194-52

PS4 (Thanks, u/AshenJo78 /TheContractor!)

Sniper Assassin: Bangkok           2-08-8745604-07
    Sniper Assassin: Beach Tower       2-13-8061060-07
    Sniper Assassin: Fishing Village   2-12-1999407-07
    Sniper Assassin: Isle of Sgail     2-21-4717488-07
    Sniper Assassin: Landslide         2-04-1576754-07
    Sniper Assassin: Marrakesh         2-06-9059216-07
    Sniper Assassin: Miami             2-11-0443911-07
    Sniper Assassin: Mumbai            2-13-2418531-07
    Sniper Assassin: Palace Gardens    2-02-1092490-07
    Sniper Assassin: Paris             2-02-5434690-07
    Sniper Assassin: Ruins             2-03-6729624-07
    Sniper Mission: Sapienza Square    2-03-0671522-07
    Sniper Assassin: Sapienza          2-03-8498351-07
    Sniper Assassin: Schoolyard        2-07-5969738-07
    Sniper Ninja                       2-10-8288028-07
    Suburban Sniper                    2-22-8432554-07

• Upvote 1

Good evening my follicly-challenged murderous mischief-makers!

I'm starting this tonight.  6pm!  Blind.  On Twitch.  Come say hi!  If I remember I'll cut the stream into chunks for youtube exports per mission later.  Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

OK I'm frustrated. I thought I'd downloaded the game, but when I try to do the second Hitman 2 campaign mission it says I don't have it. If I click 'go to store' it says the content isn't available.

Any ideas? 

I need to play Miami properly before I watch that, @Hitcher!

I subscribe to Mark Brown's Patreon and he published a full video interview with IOI to his subscribers. The most interesting bit was when they described watching players run through Paris. As soon as the target appeared in plain view on the staircase right at the beginning they'd pull out their gun and blow him away, then die in a hail of gunfire. IOI assumed this would teach the player what the game is about and how they'd need to take a more circumspect approach but no, the player would go right back in and do the same thing again, die, then dismiss the game as shit. This neatly shows what a niche title Hitman is in the modern gaming world.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Quick question: As I already own the original Hitman (digitally), I thought I was supposed to get access to those levels in the new game. But the PSN Store wants to charge me for it. I’ve tried opening the option through the original Hitman, but the store just hangs on a blue screen. Is there a way round this?