rllmuk
Hitcher

Hitman 2

I've just started in this having had it given for Christmas and it's certainly grabbing me.

Since downloading the legacy pack I've now got 3 versions of Hitman installed tho: the original 2016, and two versions of Hitman 2 (one which needs the disc and the other doesn't but seems to be missing content). Can I just delete the original and the spare V2 copy?

3 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

Thanks @Pob I'll try again but I cant even get a disguise to work. Even when I get one the NPC's still recognise me. 

Pretty much every disguise has enforcers who can see through it. The trade off for disguises with more access is that you're likely part of a smaller group who are more likely to recognise each other. For Colorado the top two disguises are probably..

20190106173441_1.jpg

The two guys in here, the point man and his friend. Flood the sink in the toilet to attract one or the other of them.

20190106173549_1.jpg

For house access, there's an elite soldier uniform stashed in the truck here, there's a few people that see through it but it's easier to get than the hacker.

• Upvote 1

Played through most the levels over xmas.  Not sure if it's just me but it doesn't seem as good as the last one.  It could be that playing it straight after Red Dead has spoilt it for me.  It's so shallow in comparison.  People clip through each other, the graphics look bad and it all feels lifeless.  Damn you Red Dead!

Also with the last one being episodic meant that I spent many more hours playing each level, getting the most out of it, this time once I was done, I was done!

I beat the story missions in this over Christmas and thought it was utterly fantastic. I played a lot of it with my notoriously taciturn brother watching me and he was genuinely crying with laughter at several points, particularly during a 45 minute stint when I did both Miami hits

Spoiler

in the flamingo suit.

On top of that I think the final two maps are possibly the best in the entire series.

The only bummer is that the install for the legacy stuff is incredibly space-consuming/messy.

On 31/12/2018 at 17:29, Fneeb said:

Hokkaido can be done really quickly if the guards aren’t psychic. 

Hide contents

Start in your room with a silenced sniper in a case (could probably use a pistol but not tried), get over to the balcony and put a bullet near Yamasaki so she goes into lockdown and gets on the cable car, (them noticing the impact doesn’t count as you being seen, just hug the cover on the balcony so they don’t actually spot you) which you then shoot off the rails. Hide from the guards that will be running your way, then nip down the path by the spa and into the morgue that way. Snipe the heart and then back out and onto the snowmobiles.

I just did this. I fucked up early doors with the cable car assassination as I shot it down when she was half-in half-out. This kills her, but doesn't count as an accident. I couldn't work out why I wasn't getting SA. You have to wait till she's fully in the car so the fall kills her. Also, it can be done with the silverballer.

I found it easier to get into the morgue via the public garden. Go to the top where the gardener toolkit is and shin down the pipe to the bottom level, then get in the window to the surgeon staff bedroom. No sneaking about or cameras at all.

Also, as I'm Lvl20 Mastery on Hokkaido (and thus can smuggle items in) and have unlocked the lock scrambler, I found it easiest to poison the stem cells and kill Soders that way. The heart is quite heavily guarded on Master, though it's still perfectly possible to get to. There are two guards in the security room that gives you an angle on the heart, but I found if you shoot out the tape recorder through the window from the main morgue room, the guards get suspicious and wander away from their posts long enough sneak in and get a shot at the heart.

Exfiltrate the same way, then through the sauna and down to snowmobile.

Definitely the easiest SA/SO.

16 minutes ago, Pob said:

Also, as I'm Lvl20 Mastery on Hokkaido (and thus can smuggle items in) and have unlocked the lock scrambler, I found it easiest to poison the stem cells and kill Soders that way. The heart is quite heavily guarded on Master, though it's still perfectly possible to get to. There are two guards in the security room that gives you an angle on the heart, but I found if you shoot out the tape recorder through the window from the main morgue room, the guards get suspicious and wander away from their posts long enough sneak in and get a shot at the heart.

You don't even need to be in the security room to hit the heart 

20190110141053_1.jpg

Can hit it all the way from here :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Ah, I never passed through that corridor as getting round that side seemed quite tricky with the extra guards on Master. That's three panes of glass the bullet has to get through? Four if you include the container itself! I can see why you needed a rifle.

I'm not sure how the stem cell poisoning is supposed to work. Twice now I've killed Soders simply by draining the healthy stem cells. This prompts a nurse to walk down the morgue to get more from the stem cell room. Kai keeps Soders alive for a bit, but he then dies long before the nurse gets back. It feels like Soders should survive this, and the idea is for the nurse to unwittingly use poisoned stem cells to kill him (or you can just plug in the poisoned stem cells yourself, which is what I did). Maybe it's bugged.

On 05/01/2019 at 22:49, Fneeb said:

Assuming you're moving on to Colorado next you have my sympathy, even taking three targets around the house it's still a long mission with only one save.

I spent probably about six hours getting this done. It's a fucking nightmare on Master as there are so many guards who can fuck things up for you. Four targets plus getting the 3D-printed mask, all with one save, is a really tough challenge. I ended up learning precise timings and guard routes like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow. It reminded me of Commandos on the PC - having to perfect the route using foreknowledge in order to proceed. I wouldn't really recommend it but I did get into a kind of old-school gaming trance with my determination to tick of that final Master SA/SO challenge.

I did figure out a good way to get into the house basement within a minute: start off with a Sieger 3000 sniper in a briefcase and a lockpick, on the West Bridge starting point. IMMEDIATELY after the level starts, use a pistol to shoot out the camera over the basement entrance (quite a long shot), then the camera over the camp entrance right in front of you. This distracts the guards immediately in front of the starting position. Keep low and sprint left to a gate that you need to quickly pick. Stay low and then take a right through the foliage, then hop up so you're hiding near the top of the stairs that lead down to the basement. There's a chance early on to drag a guard over a hiding spot and stash him in a box which makes getting into the basement a doddle. 

Once you've cleared the basement, Ezra Berg is a sitting duck - you can easily take him out when he returns to interrogate the guy.

Maya Parvati I took out by sniping the hay bale she walks under. It looks like the timing will be tough because she doesn't pause under it, but it's not too bad. Just watch her using instinct and then adjust your aim up to the hook apparatus a few paces before she's due to go under it. I got her every time. My sniping position was on the far right of the balcony at the front of the house. This gives you a clear view of where the hay bale will land which helps with the timing.

Sean Rose - clear his office of guards and it becomes easy to take him out when he's adjusting his pencils. Just make sure there are no discoverable bodies in there.

Penelope Graves - she's the toughest. It's possible to quickly take her out and stash her body when she first enters the house and looks at the grandfather clock. The problem is Sean Rose follows very close behind on this first round and some kind of butterfly effect from something I was doing leading up to that point was changing the timing of Sean's arrival meaning this method wasn't very reliable. On one save they both stood under the chandelier which meant I could get a two-for-one accident but this doesn't help because as soon as the guards are alerted it's very hard to get into a hiding spot while it blows over.  In the end I cleared the entire area of the ops centre downstairs (dragged all the bodies into the basement - as long as Ezra is taken care of no-one else goes down there) and used the poison syringe I found in the basement when she's in there talking to herself. 

To get the Sean Rose visage needed to exit the level I simply cleared the three techs upstairs and left their bodies. No-one wanders around as long as you've taken out the balcony guard.

Not strictly Hitman-related, but IOI are opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden. They can't be doing too bad if they're going ahead with this, even following Hitman 2's weak launch.

https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-malmo/

• Upvote 2

Here's my SA/SO/Master run on Colorado. Quite time efficient and I didn't even need to load my save on this attempt:

• Upvote 5

Good run Pob! That Ezra kill was beautiful, I had no idea about that patch of foliage, my head was still stuck in 2016 mode :lol: That definitely makes the basement approach easier, I was using a silenced sniper as a lockpick to bring in more poison so I didn't need to hide the bodies. I'd try recording a run but my cackhandedness would mean a lot of reloads, it took so many attempts to get the timing on the hay bale :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Double post but i'm just glad to have gotten this done before Resi 2 comes out tomorrow ^_^

20190124100441_1.jpg

That's all the S2 levels master saso'd. Still have to go back and do some of the 2016 ones but I did those in 2016 so i'm not too fussed for the sake of a different coin skin.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Fneeb said:

Double post but i'm just glad to have gotten this done before Resi 2 comes out tomorrow ^_^

20190124100441_1.jpg

That's all the S2 levels master saso'd. Still have to go back and do some of the 2016 ones but I did those in 2016 so i'm not too fussed for the sake of a different coin skin.

How did getting those challenges compare to the season 1 maps?

I'd really like to do the sniper assassin ones, but with the sniper mechanics as they are now - where any guard who witnesses the death has laser accuracy in spotting you even if you're half a mile away - it'd be an exercise in frustration.

3 hours ago, Pob said:

How did getting those challenges compare to the season 1 maps?

I'd really like to do the sniper assassin ones, but with the sniper mechanics as they are now - where any guard who witnesses the death has laser accuracy in spotting you even if you're half a mile away - it'd be an exercise in frustration.

Way easier, there's no Colorado or Bangkok here. The only tricky one was Sgail, no opportunities to make them deviate from their routes when you're just in your suit. Wasn't particularly elegant but there's one bathroom along each route, you just have to do whatever it takes to get there.

Haven't had any real problems with sniping to be honest. I've found that if you stick to cover so you snap back straight away, and you make the first shot a kill shot, you're golden. The only times i've been spotted is if i've missed the first shot and gone for a second. You may still hear gunfire even if you weren't spotted, they decided to put phantom gunshots in for some reason :unsure: Alternatively you can completely go against the spirit of the challenge and just use a rifle point blank if you have them somewhere secluded, it's still a sniper kill!

37 minutes ago, Fneeb said:

Haven't had any real problems with sniping to be honest. I've found that if you stick to cover so you snap back straight away, and you make the first shot a kill shot, you're golden. The only times i've been spotted is if i've missed the first shot and gone for a second. You may still hear gunfire even if you weren't spotted, they decided to put phantom gunshots in for some reason :unsure: Alternatively you can completely go against the spirit of the challenge and just use a rifle point blank if you have them somewhere secluded, it's still a sniper kill!

Yeah, I've been following the evolving sniping mechanics. Thing is, completing that challenge properly would be really fun, so I don't want to hack it by aiming through a 1cm gap or shooting them point-blank. I'd rather wait until there's a lot more leeway for making proper sniper shots without losing your SA e.g sniping both Dalia and Viktor one after the other from the barge, or Reza and Claus when they meet in the schoolyard. Apparently it was much more forgiving for about 5 minutes after Hitman 2 launched before the first patch so I'm hoping they put it back to that. It's really unrealistic at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, Fneeb said:

Tomorrow!

Excellent. Fortunately I had an operation last week so am off work at the moment. If only I could afford Resi Evil 2 as well.