rllmuk
JohnC

The Lego Movie 2 - The Second Part

Booooo! But at least Batman isn't too far off.

Delay only seems to be strategic. While I don't doubt a sequel would do great business in whatever month it came out, February is less competitive than May, plus the original came out that month too.

I’m not sure about having another Chris Pratt character in the movie but perhaps I don’t find him as likeable as everyone else. But the trailer looks great otherwise.

It’s brill. 

So, many good jokes. 

Spoiler

The first few minutes are an excellent illustration of trying to play with a 3 year old  and president business’ exit was really well done. 

“You guys play nicely now, I’m off to play golf!”

They also touch on the growing up bit ala toy story .

Kids loved it.

Saw this earlier with my GF, my 2 kids and her daughter.

It's brilliant. Awesome, in fact. Some very funny moments - I know a film entertains me when I even laugh at the songs! 

Not sure if I'd rate it higher than the original but it certainly didnt disappoint despite pretty high expectations. 

• Upvote 1

Not as good as the first, but you’re not expecting it to be. It works really well though I thought and I now really want a rexcelsior

It really dips in the middle I found.  Like it was looking for a purpose.   But boy, does it bounce back!

It's magnificent, really creative and as dense with jokes as any Airplane movie.  My kids loved it.

• Upvote 2

I'm so confused about this movie, so many sniffy reviews that are generally like 'Just more of the same'. If that was really the case I'd be all over this. I enjoyed Lego Batman movie but there was a clear drop in the quality of the writing compared to LegoMovie1. The concern is that LegoMovie 2 is more along the lines of Batman than LegoMovie1. If that makes sense?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought it was literally perfect.

It's not more of the same, it can't be because we know there's real life and kids involved for instance but it's certainly absolutely as sharp as Movie 1.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's great fun. Hits many of the same beats as the original, but the gags are relentless and the hit-rate puts most comedies to shame. I thought the 'everything's not awesome but we can try to make it so' message was nicely handled (if depressingly relevant) and if nothing else it's the best thing Bruce Willis has been in for a long, long time. Surprised to discover it was 107 minutes, because it didn't feel it at all - the time flew by. If the box office seems on the low side, it should attract plenty of positive word-of-mouth. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, And said:

As with the first - It’s very self aware, like deadpool for kids

Thats short selling. Deadpool is self aware, Lego movie is self aware and utterly impeccable storytelling

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I was going to avoid this due to my pretty strict no sequels rule. I think the original is essentially a perfect masterpiece so couldn't see what could be gained from watching a sequel. But the responses in here have me well excited! I'm gonna go tomorrow. Pumped!