Midway Arcade Treasures

Jack

Stuck it in with Freeloader, no bother whatsoever. Lots of FMV to go past at first, and curiously, the games aren't named on the main menu. Instead, an icon related to the game (A TV for Smash TV, a bike for Paperboy) and a small video of the game are there. There's quite a few extras for the games as well. Pretty much every game has developer interviews, trivia, box and manual art, and brief historys outlining what influenced the games, as well as what they influenced in turn. A very good package, and that's without even opening the games. First game I went to was Smash TV, and it's utterly brilliant. The GC's pad is extremely well suited to the controls, with the C-Stick's 8 way shape fitting the shooting aspect perfectly. The games load fairly quickly, and run pretty much perfectly on the GameCube. The full list of games is:

• Blaster
  • Bubbles
  • Defender
  • Defender II
  • Gauntlet
  • Joust,
  • Joust 2
  • Klax
  • Marble Madness
  • Paperboy
  • Rampage
  • Rampart
  • Roadblasters
  • Robotron 2084
  • Satan's Hollow
  • Sinistar
  • Smash TV
  • Splat!
  • Spy Hunter
  • Super Sprint
  • Root Beer Tapper
  • Toobin'
  • Vindicators

Stuff like Smash TV and Gauntlet would work great as post pub gaming with mates. It's only £14 at DVD Box Office too.

One of the reviews of this said that the conversions aren't 100% accurate, has anyone noticed anything wrong? It's £17.99 delivered from Play, I think I'm going to treat it as a test to see if I need to get my Xbox chipped depending on how much time I spend on the old games. It's going to be an expensive £17.99 then, I suppose.

One of the reviews of this said that the conversions aren't 100% accurate, has anyone noticed anything wrong? It's £17.99 delivered from Play, I think I'm going to treat it as a test to see if I need to get my Xbox chipped depending on how much time I spend on the old games. It's going to be an expensive £17.99 then, I suppose.

Apparently (According to Gamecentral, anyway) a couple of the conversions - including Smash TV - are poor. Shame, but Smash TV was one of the main reasons I was interested in this. :)