IGNORED

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Hitcher

On 17/06/2022 at 14:28, TehStu said:

Don't open if you haven't played Odyssey.

Hide contents

Technically possible, right? I have no idea what AC Infinity is going to be, but they could have Kassandra in pretty much any time period time.

There is DLC for the latest one that sort of answers that question, plus it kinda fits the ingame logic of the storyline and one of the endings from Odyssey.

I realy like Alexios, really funny character and one of the better main characters I've seen in these games for a very long time. Much prefer it when the characters seem to be having fun and not deadly serious all the time. Makes for a way more entertaining story.  I'm at level 11 now and added a load of abilities, still in Megaris and just completed a big quest there. 

21 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Wow not playing as Kassandra is certainly a unusual choice!!!!!

I rarely play as female characters in games. Probably the last one I tried was original Mass Effect trilogy as I did an evil run through as a fem Shep.

I've been back into this of late and realised that I have been neglecting the main plot in favour of just wandering around and doing side quests. Rectified that over the past few nights and made some good plot progress. Having said that I'm around 50 hours in and still have loads of the map untouched. I thought Origins was big but this is off the scale. 

I went for Alexios as I always tend to go for the male protagonist when given the choice. After around 10 hours played I mentioned this on this forum and was told to restart as Kassandra. The thought of replaying the same 10 hours didn't tempt me in the slightest but I am glad I did, everything about the game was just better thanks to the excellent voice acting for Kassandra. 

I was given some Helix credits in game the other day but no matter how many times I try to connect to the store in Odyssey it just shows an Ubisoft Service error. I've got Ubi Connect installed and was even able to grab loads of free stuff from it over the weekend but not had access to the store since. 

32 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I was given some Helix credits in game the other day but no matter how many times I try to connect to the store in Odyssey it just shows an Ubisoft Service error. I've got Ubi Connect installed and was even able to grab loads of free stuff from it over the weekend but not had access to the store since. 

Are you on XSX? If so it's probably caused by Quick Resume. Fully quitting the game then restarting restored access when it happened to me. Same thing happened in Valhalla

9 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Are you on XSX? If so it's probably caused by Quick Resume. Fully quitting the game then restarting restored access when it happened to me. Same thing happened in Valhalla

Yep, that did the trick!

One thing that did surprise me is talk of a level cap of 20. I'm at 12 already and only about 10% of the way through the main story, I know it was bumped later but seems silly they thought that was any good.

This game 🥰 Walking up the hill to see

Spoiler

Athens.. the way it makes you walk over the crest and you see that expanse of the city and the Acropolis in all its glory was simply stunning. Not even climbed to the top of it yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm well into the level 20's (too much time floating around the sea instead of missions!) I don't think I like the enemy levelling system. With them seeming to match you as you increase it all feels a bit pointless upgrading stuff. No matter what I pick it all feels a bit similar and unless they are a couple of levels higher the combat isn't much of a challenge. I'm rubbish at games like this usually but the levelling is just.. off to me. Everything else is great mind.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Now that I'm well into the level 20's (too much time floating around the sea instead of missions!) I don't think I like the enemy levelling system. With them seeming to match you as you increase it all feels a bit pointless upgrading stuff. No matter what I pick it all feels a bit similar and unless they are a couple of levels higher the combat isn't much of a challenge. I'm rubbish at games like this usually but the levelling is just.. off to me. Everything else is great mind.

I am guessing at level mid 20’s you have not tried tackling any of the mythic boss characters yet?

That is where the real combat challenge is.

6 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I am guessing at level mid 20’s you have not tried tackling any of the mythic boss characters yet?

That is where the real combat challenge is.

Nope not seen anything like that. I've just left Athens and started to do a few side missions and focus on the cultists. I'm about 2 thirds of the way through those as I've broken off to start hunting them down as they are mostly level 20.

You will probably start picking up clues on where to find them as you deal with the remaining cultists, but you will need to be in the 40’s level wise I reckon to have a chance against the harder ones.