rllmuk
Hitcher

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

9 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Does the DLC in the expansion pack take place on the same map? 

The first three episodes do, though in areas that aren't touched by the main story (I've done 2 of those episodes, and there's still bits of the map I've not visited: I assume they're touched upon in episode 3). The Atlantis stuff is a different (smaller) map per episode. Two have been released, and are a bit more fantasy based.

• Upvote 1

Anyone miss fall damage? 

In previous titles reaching synchronization points could be a puzzle as you couldn't climb every single surface and a wrong move ment you could fall to your death. I kinda miss it to be honest, because climbing was incredible rewarding at times. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Anyone miss fall damage? 

In previous titles reaching synchronization points could be a puzzle as you couldn't climb every single surface and a wrong move ment you could fall to your death. I kinda miss it to be honest, because climbing was incredible rewarding at times. 

In a way, but been there and done it, so enjoy just bounding off stupidly high places.  

6 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Anyone miss fall damage? 

not given the size and verticality of the map, no.

20 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Anyone miss fall damage?

I had to check: you start with non-fatal damage, and no damage from level 20.

I could have sworn it had to be assigned skill points...

Makes sense though, it's a simulation, in the amicus. Death isn't permanent anyway.

• Upvote 1

Well, I did the main game with around 100 hours on the clock, level 54...

...99% on completion. Can I find that last 1%? 

Can I fuck.

Still got all the DLC to go through, but took time off. Now I can't remember how to play it properly, so have done a little restart to get back in the mood...just love the game. It has so much character. It's also got a great sense of humour, which helps enormously in something so silly as the AC series!

I’m still wandering the land, viewpoint to viewpoint, question mark to question mark. I guess you’d say the last story mission I did was brontes in that place... oh and kallisto.

grrraaaaaawwww!

Spoiler

5A5E6BA9-A2F7-4797-B8B3-C1014603E872.jpeg.ca6fe39734c824dc333d56cf370fb578.jpeg

90 hours in main story mode finished. And for some bizarre reason I’m getting crazy game freezes and crashes on the pc version. 

Tried everything, from Gsync to setting everything back to normal removing overclocks. Rolling back drivers.

Anyone else had recent problems?

Im on a I9 7960, 2080ti 

Question:

I love Ancient Greece - studied it as a student - and played the first few AC games up to Black Flag (couldn't get into Unity, haven't played any others since).  My favourite was Brotherhood due to the Ancient Roman setting.

Do I need to have played the previous few games before I dive into this because it looks bloody ace, and I've seen it's available for cheaper in some places?

3 hours ago, Mugman said:

Nah. Just get involved. Anything linking back to the old games is shit anyway

I'd go as far to say not giving a shit about the wider story,  modern day setting or the ancient civilisation stuff is a key part of enjoying the series.  :)

10 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Question:

I love Ancient Greece - studied it as a student - and played the first few AC games up to Black Flag (couldn't get into Unity, haven't played any others since).  My favourite was Brotherhood due to the Ancient Roman setting.

Do I need to have played the previous few games before I dive into this because it looks bloody ace, and I've seen it's available for cheaper in some places?

not "ancient rome" though, is it? it's renaissance Italy. It just happens to be set in the Eternal City.

This is set before all the other games, so you can easily play this one without Origins, for example.

(This is a prequel to the prequel to the sequel of the prequel.)

(But I'd recommend Rogue (better than AC3, as good as AC4BF) and Syndicate (better than Unity, and has callbacks to AC4BF) as well)

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Doesn't Rogue still have all the eaves dropping/tailing garbage missions?

But not as many

Besides, Black flag has you tailing an eaves dropping mission, in a boat, in a swamp.

Which was pretty good

• Upvote 1

This game is ace!!  Loving the mixture of stealth, combat, sea battles, a decent story, beautiful scenery etc.  Really enjoying it.

I was a bit surprised having played for 4 hours mooching around on Kefalonia before deciding to do the main quest and only then seeing the title sequence!  After more than 4 hours gameplay?  How big is this game?!

• Upvote 2

It's big. I've played for abour 20 hours and still don't feel like I've hit bits the reviews talk about yet. 

It's big.