IGNORED

Yoku's Island Express

bradigor

1 hour ago, stefcha said:

There might be something at a genetic level. What happens to the parcel when your daughter orders something from Amazon?

I've never seen any arrive so you could be on to something.

• 3 months later...

I started it over XMas - will get back to it when I've done Spiderman, but have liked what I've seen so far. I love pinball mechanics - takes me back to Student bars in the 80s, when there were still plenty of real tables around.

There's a slight lag to the flipper action in this that took me a while to compensate for - didn't feel quite right to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the main story on this today having clocked 69% (wahey!).

Really enjoyed it but there were definitely moments where I felt I needed a little more guidance or fortunately stumbled across things. The beeline fast travel isn’t always the most useful either and can lead to a bit of tiresome backtracking. Well worth the £8 or whatever it was I paid for it in the sale though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also completed the main story today, but only at 51%, so still a lot to do.... but my question is whether it’s worth plugging away for 100%?

Is it stuff like delivering the packages and finding those hidden creature things (wickerlings?)

The game itself I really enjoyed. As per the post above, there were a few times where I didn’t really know what I was meant to be doing or where to go. Would have been good to have different areas named on the zoomed out map perhaps. Overall though it was a lovely little game :)

• 7 months later...

I just started this, not expecting anything. A couple of hours later I figured I better sleep! A lovely wee game that has totally sucked me in. 

I'm kind of over metroidy type games but this one doesn't feel frustrating and seems to lead you quite nicely to the next section. 

Looking forward to at least finishing the story. 

Getting around becomes a complete chore, although not enough so to stop me finishing it properly tonight (including all bar one achievement, which can get fucked due to a combo of the aforementioned and the shit map) and more than can be said for Bloodstained which I couldn't be arsed with at all after an hour or so. This had a nice simplicity to it.

Not a massive fan of the flower grapple power up thing. Feel like it's a little too hot and miss when lining up directions. If it weren't for the audio cues I would be properly stuffed!! 

I think figuring out all the beeline stuff helps get about the map efficiently. Once you see where the main three lines start, you can get about pretty quickly. 

Played this on Game Pass last week and I really enjoyed it as a nice chill game. I definitely found getting around a bit of a chore by the end, the beelines help but they don't cover the whole of the map very well. I ended up getting all the achievements bar one because it was a pain in the arse and stopped being fun at that point

• 2 years later...
On 29/09/2019 at 01:19, Skull Commander said:

Not a massive fan of the flower grapple power up thing. Feel like it's a little too hot and miss when lining up directions. If it weren't for the audio cues I would be properly stuffed!! 

I think figuring out all the beeline stuff helps get about the map efficiently. Once you see where the main three lines start, you can get about pretty quickly. 

Audio Cues?

I'm stuck using this flower grapple trying to get up the mountain, fun little game will try the mountian again later.

7 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Apologies. I have no recollection of the audio cue at all. Must be getting old that my memory fades this much in 2 years! 

Mine fades in a matter of weeks, I will try to climb the mountain again later and listen out for any cues. Thanks.

8 hours ago, gospvg said:

After a few more attempts I managed to climb the mountain. I hope there are no more flower grab sections.

There are. Loved this game one of those totally off the wall I’d never have played titles that totally got it’s hooks in. Well gutted this wasn’t sequel news.

6 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

There are. Loved this game one of those totally off the wall I’d never have played titles that totally got it’s hooks in. Well gutted this wasn’t sequel news.

Hopefully not as long as the mountain climb. It is a fun metroidvania game with pinball mechanics.

Completed the main story, last boss was actually pretty easy. Got a bit of mopping up to do but I don't think I will bother getting all the collect-a-thon because I hate the flower grab sections.