2018 FIFA World Cup

Thread Owner

A fine watch, that one. France could go all the way - good blend of power, pace and quality in there. 

Not sad to see the back of Argentina. Such a dirty team. How many times in this tournament have they gratefully accepted an opportunity to punt the ball into a prone opponent point blank? Messi should have retired from international football years ago.

Mbappe could help eliminate Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar on his way to the final. That would present a strong claim for undisputed new star of football but I’m sure Jesse Lingard will overshadow him in the final.

11 minutes ago, hmm said:

A fine watch, that one. France could go all the way - good blend of power, pace and quality in there. 

Not sad to see the back of Argentina. Such a dirty team. How many times in this tournament have they gratefully accepted an opportunity to punt the ball into a prone opponent point blank? Messi should have retired from international football years ago.

He did!

I imagine he will again this evening. 

Really didn't understand Argentina's tactics in that game.  Their squad is top heavy in the strikers department, so the manager decided not to play any of them.  They opted for a more defensive formation and still let in 4 goals, playing a high defensive line when France have some pacey forwards.

France played well throughout whilst Argentina never had any flow to their game and relied on individual talent to score their goals.

12 minutes ago, DC LEMON said:

Mbappe could help eliminate Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar on his way to the final. That would present a strong claim for undisputed new star of football but I’m sure Harry Maguire will overshadow him in the final.

13 minutes ago, hmm said:

Messi went on holiday again with his family that he doesn't get on with. Didn't choose any of it. Just got annoyed every night but didn't say 'owt. Got home thought "never again". 

18 minutes ago, Shook said:

He did!

I imagine he will again this evening. 

Ha, forgot about that. To be fair, it was for all of a month. Not sure it counts if he doesn't miss a match!

I can usually sneakily watch the games at work if I am in on weekends on my tablet. Today loads of bullshit that I shouldn't have to deal with happened which meant I somehow missed 6 goals :doh:

France should have the players to win the thing but conceding three goals to that shitshow of an Argentina team suggests they won't go much further.