rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

2018 FIFA World Cup

ITV Commentary gems in the first eight minutes:

It's the overture to the greatest show on planet football!

Stalin had a proper 'tache.

Third reminder that Zhirkov used to play for Chelsea, in a pathetic attempt to link everything back to the Premier league.

Fucks sake.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

ITV Commentary gems in the first eight minutes:

It's the overture to the greatest show on planet football!

Stalin had a proper 'tache.

Third reminder that Zhirkov used to play for Chelsea, in a pathetic attempt to link everything back to the Premier league.

Fucks sake.

It's the reason I can't stand ITV's coverage. Tyldesley's comment about Stalin's tache was ridiculous.

Russia take the lead through a nice header from Gazinsky.

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

It's the reason I can't stand ITV's coverage. Tyldesley's comment about Stalin's tache was ridiculous.

Russia take the lead through a nice header from Gazinsky.

I look forward to some Hitler gags when Germany play. 

• Upvote 1

It's a lively game. And at least ITV's commentor shut up during the opening ceremony (the parts they showed). The Swiss commentator babbled on and on and on - starting with "I'm not going to say anything because it's to be seen." 

He did shut up during Putin's speech. There was no one in the studio able to speak Russian.

4 minutes ago, Captain Novaforce said:

Nicely done.

Just got given my world cup sweepstake teams at work. Nigeria and Egypt :hmm:

I got Croatia... Croatia. 

Saudi Arabia started off quite well but they have no end product and Russia are more direct - I can see Russia getting royally humped by someone with even a half decent midfield though. 

Saudi Arabia have played a lot of little neat passes that go nowhere, followed by one misplaced ball that sets up a Russian counter attack. This then repeats itself. 

I like what they're thinking but they're going to need do something else to get anything from the game, because they've created nothing.

KSA are trying to play short sharp passes along the ground. Good for them for trying to play that way, but none of them are good enough to do so effectively. 

Boom. 4 - 0 in an opening game. Great for Russia to get a decent head start in the goal difference competition. Egypt may be a little concerned. 

Yeah. Russia don't look great but this has been a walk in the park for them. Suarez and Cavani will be looking to fill their boots when they play the Saudis. 

As I type: Woof! Pick that one out. 

We've printed off 4 wall charts, one for the actual results and one each for myself, my other half and our eldest daughter to predict the results, I went with 2-1 to Russia (as did our daughter) so we weren't even close (apart from Russia winning obviously), Saudi Arabia didn't look like a threat at all.

I have Russia as one of my fantasy football teams where you get points for goals and clean sheets. Good start for me. Most others have Egypt from that group.