rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

2018 FIFA World Cup

trying to explain to my son why his mother and I want mexico to win makes us seem really petty...

but yeah the germans are trying to bully their way through the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ckny said:

Is the Beeb studio in front of a green screen? Are they even actually in Russia?

Most of its green screen. Don’t think the back window is.

4 minutes ago, Arc'Tan'Gent said:

Mexico dead on their feet here. Really hope they can hold on.

youve gotta wonder about fitness levels, being as there is a t least 10 mins left!?

This game is great. How have both teams managed to squander so many chances? How is Boateng still on the pitch? Why would anybody think Mexico look dead on their feet?

Just now, Tourist said:

This game is great. How have both teams managed to squander so many chances? How is Boateng still on the pitch? Why would anybody think Mexico look dead on their feet?

'Mario Gomes went down there like Super Mario, when a bad player is playing it.'

Fuck me, pure poetry.

• Upvote 2

I'll be delighted if Germany play like that for the rest of the tournament.  Two at the back constantly getting caught by two or three breaking attackers as the fullbacks seemingly forget about their defensive duties altogether, and no midfielder screening.  They'll still get through the group, I reckon.  Sweden and South Korea aren't bad teams, but I don't think either will attack Germany the way Mexico did, with such pace on the break.  They'll come a cropper in the knockout stages against one of the better teams if they play like that though.