rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Thread Owner

2018 FIFA World Cup

I missed this morning’s game, but if Lawrenson was as much more annoying  in that than Glenn Hoddle has been in this as the comments suggest then I’m actually a bit glad.

”Well, it’s hit his arm...”. THANKS GLENN. WHAT’S YOUR FUCKING POINT?!

I also can’t be the only one* who’s noticed and/or been mildly irritated by the way they’re referring to shots on target in the stats window in the bottom corner; having ‘Shots’ followed by ‘Shots on Goal’ just made me wonder what the hell they’d been shooting at the rest of the time...

* I am the only one, aren’t I?

Iceland have been much like Australia earlier, defending in a really positive way, allowing Argentina to have the back but having control over where they have it, the difference so far for me is that Iceland have looked more dangerous going forward than Australia (who weren't bad at doing so, Iceland just look better) and Argentina are all over the place and resorting to petty tactics to try and turn things their way.

15 minutes ago, wev said:

Getting tired of Argentina demanding a penalty every time their attack breaks down

The one before the "handball" should have resulted in a goal kick but the ref gave a corner so I don't even think VAR was in action.

3 minutes ago, Adrock said:

There is some real quality in the Iceland team.

One of them used to play for Plymouth Argyle - it annoyed me when Matterface said he was known by Aberdeen fans. He's played for Rotherham too. Messi's been in his pocket. Iceland aren't that good are they. They seem to have adopted the tactics of 1980s Wimbledon. It is quite effective though as they could be winning the game. Some of these players wouldn't have played against a long ball kick and rush side. They're a big bunch of physical bastards so maybe they should start getting a bit nasty. Tha long throw too could cause them issues. 

19 minutes ago, Adrock said:

There is some real quality in the Iceland team.

One of favourite stats is that about 1 in 80,000 Icelanders have scored an international goal against England.

Of course, 1 in 330,000 is Bjork.

• Upvote 3

Mattaface just can't help himself, he has sheets of these shit over wordy puns and has to work them in 'we saw the hand of god in the stands, thats the hand of cod'

Its official now, Ronaldo is better than Messi.

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

Ronaldo will still be delighted. He's probably still laughing.

Look Messi can’t take international free kicks either.

• Upvote 1

Penalty aside, Messi is having a pretty good game, he's just not getting any support from the rest of the team. I can see them getting knocked out at the group stage.

2 minutes ago, tbb said:

Messi is trying to win it all himself now. 

Particularly ridiculous when He ran free there, and then didn’t bother to pass until Iceland had reformed between Argentina and the Goal.

Argentina are so slow to react, there's very little movement into space or trying to draw Iceland out of their lines. They're expecting Messi to it for them.

1 minute ago, footle said:

Particularly ridiculous when He ran free there, and then didn’t bother to pass until Iceland had reformed between Argentina and the Goal.

Reminds me of when Gerrard slipped against Chelsea or made one of his many back passes to the opponent then spent the next 20 minutes taking pot shots from outside the area.