rllmuk
Harsin

Team Sonic Racing

48 minutes ago, JPickford said:

The team aspect is the biggest concern.  Nice to see it running at 60fps.

I enjoyed there being no mention of the team aspect in the last couple of videos (unless that's why the one that didn't have sound didn't), maybe they had a look at how that sort of thing went down with Onrush and thought "ah, right". I'm being unrealistically optimistic, I know. 

• Upvote 2

I hope they've overhauled CTR more than they did Crash Bandicoot, because having played it on the Vita recently it has not held up well. And that's coming from someone who thrashed the living fuck out of it on PS1.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I hope they've overhauled CTR more than they did Crash Bandicoot, because having played it on the Vita recently it has not held up well. And that's coming from someone who thrashed the living fuck out of it on PS1.

I played it on ps1 recently and didn't find it controlled too bad. They have added TONS of content into the CTR remake though.

I was reading through the review as the text from simply came through to say it was dispatched today. Here’s hoping for a Saturday delivery!

Any switch impressions?

Just saw some switch docked footage on YouTube. Looks janky AF.

Naively I was thinking it would hit 60fps. Based on a different game by a different developer built for the hardware. Sob.

This doesn't seem to be up for preorder on the UK Xbox store yet - when is it out? I've got enough MS rewards points built up to get it assuming it's thirty quid. Not entirely enthralled by the team thing still, but I'm torn between that and not supporting a developer who could be the only hope of ever getting another Outrun game. 

7 hours ago, Strafe said:

Just saw some switch docked footage on YouTube. Looks janky AF.

Naively I was thinking it would hit 60fps. Based on a different game by a different developer built for the hardware. Sob.

Just watched a load more, it doesn’t look too bad at all actually. 30fps, granted but pretty sharp, shiny and runs smoothly.

Switch handheld seems quite janky so far. Considering what Mario Kart 8 looks and runs like you’d think it would have no issue, though I’m sure that being developed on a different platform means it’s not really comparable (MK8 probably uses all sorts of smoke and mirrors to make it look that good). 

It’s also hard. By hard I mean I had two races on normal mode and didn’t come first.

I shall persevere. 

My Switch copy arrived this morning. I only paid about £25 for it so I'm sure I'll be able to break even if I trade it in next week if I don't like it. 

It’s alright so far. I keep getting rammed but don’t appear to be able to do it back.

Tell you what, though, if you liked the rubber banding in Mario Kart, you’ll fucking love this!

• Upvote 1

Think I'm going to get this for switch. as much as I prefer playing racing games at 60fps, handheld is a bigger plus for me these days and the switch port looks decent. The 30fps having drops etc was going to be the deciding factor for me but I can't notice anything that seems too bad from youtube videos..

They're taking the piss with the regional price differences for this. I don't usually care when it's a matter of a few pounds but this is 30 dollars on amazon.com, 30 pounds on amazon.co.uk and 5,000 yen on amazon.co.jp(6500 on the japanese eshop...). That American vs Japanese price is a joke.

They did the same thing with Transformed, released it in the west at a budget price and then over a year later released it in Japan at a non-budget regular new game price.

At least this is only 2/3 more expensive and doesn't have the year+ delay I guess.

Not all that convinced by this after 45 minutes or so. I'm going to stick with it because I really enjoyed Transformed (and OnRush - so it's not the team aspect that's the problem) but there's something really odd about the feel of the vehicles. It's like they're not quite in the same place as the track. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Not all that convinced by this after 45 minutes or so. I'm going to stick with it because I really enjoyed Transformed (and OnRush - so it's not the team aspect that's the problem) but there's something really odd about the feel of the vehicles. It's like they're not quite in the same place as the track. 

Interesting. I hadn't bothered reading any impressions etc because I just assumed the handling would be a straight copy of the car handling from Transformed.

It reminds me a lot of Diddy Kong racing (quite possibly because of the frame rate). It’s good but doesn’t nail the Mario Kart magic.

If there is such a thing, this is just a Kart game.

• Upvote 1