rllmuk
Harsin

Team Sonic Racing

Good news:

Looks like there's a new Sonic Racing game, according to Walmart leaking a bunch of screenshots. 

Debav6qW4AA9yt4?format=jpg

AdiIMcq.png

Debca9gX0AAQwYZ.jpg

Debcb7uW4AAnv3M.jpg

DebcaKwWsAAOnDx.jpg

Bad news:

Looks like it's moved back to more of a focus on Sonic's shitty friends rather than the Sega Kart direction of its predecessor.

• Empathy 1

Was just about to post this myself. I must admit i am a little weary they have dropped all the other characters but (maybe i read this wrong here) but apparently most people used Sonic characters in the other games?

In any case, hopefully it's just decent track design.

If it isn't basically Sega Kart Allstars, with tracks and characters from across their franchises, then I don't care. Sonic Racing Transformed's tracks were absolutely amazing. Couldn't give a shit about the characters, really, as I always preferred Nintendo's roster to Sega's.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Naieve said:

Trying to play off the mighty Crash Team Racing

No, I mean all this "race as a team win as a team, assist your teammates" bollocks. Is this the in thing? I just want suckers to eat my dust, sod the team. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, stefcha said:

No, I mean all this "race as a team win as a team, assist your teammates" bollocks. Is this the in thing? I just want suckers to eat my dust, sod the team. 

Maybe it's all about character-switching instead of transforming this time (doesn't appear to be any water or air-based vehicles).

Sonic Heroes vibes.

"Team Racing" sounds like Onrush team racing. Where did this trend come from? I don't want anything to do with it. Another Sega All Star's would have been perfect.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Think there might be too much being read into the 'Team' bit of the title.

How about that bullet point in the description that mentions "team" six times though, eh? It's teeming with teams, and what does it mean?

1 hour ago, dave7g said:

Well, he wouldn't be allowed enter these prestigious tournaments without one. It's like how F1 drivers aren't allowed to use Jet planes.

He could use a flintstones style car and run like fuck

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Why does Sonic need a car tho?

________________________________________________________________________________________/

dam-god-thumb-860xauto-59794.jpg

• Upvote 3

The move from Sega to Sonic is a shame. Not so much for the characters (although the characters were excellent), but the tracks pulled from various Sega games were wonderful (Samba de Amigo!). The Sonic tracks were shit.