WarioWare Gold - Out now!!

What Whaa-a-a-aaat; no thread for this?

full

large.jpg

warioware-gold.png

In WarioWare Gold, the player is tasked to complete "microgames", which are small mini-games that take the player must complete in an extremely short time sequence. If the player succeeds in a microgame, the game moves onto the next. If the player fails, they lose one of four lives. If the player runs out of lives, the game ends and the player's high score is displayed, which is determined by how many microgames were passed. During gameplay, the game will naturally speed up every few microgames. So far, so WarioWare then.

The microgames featured in Gold return from multiple games in the series, including WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! WarioWare: Twisted and WarioWare Touched! . In addition to this, new microgames will be added as well. These microgames involve pressing buttons, tilting the system, touching the touch screen, and blowing on the system's microphone.

Announcement trailer:

Screenshots:

warioware-gold-2.jpg

warioware-gold-3.jpg

warioware-gold-1.jpg

warioware-gold-5.jpg

warioware-gold-4.jpg

>>  Official website.

WarioWare Gold should have a grand total of 300 microgames, which makes it the largest WarioWare title to date.

The game will be released for the 3DS in Europe later this Summer.

6DqeadA.png

I absolutely adored the original GBA release, and the multi-player modes on the GC version, but I wasn’t so keen on the later DS and Wii games. I still have a dust-coated 3DS XL and I’m just massively disappointed that this isn’t for the Switch instead.

I downloaded a ROM of Wario Ware, having no idea what it was. I played the first little section, and then turned it off. Next morning, I went to my local importer to order it, and he already had it so I bought it with no hesitation.

Since then, I've been THE biggest proponent of the series! I could point to multiple other people who all utterly adore it down to my insistence on thrusting my GBA in front of their face with complete refusal to explain what was about to happen to them. 

"Jump? Jump what ... Ah, ok. Wait, shoot? What's going on. OH YOU FUCKING HOTDOG!" It's just the best game ever to throw someone in at the deep end with, and I'll inquestionably buy it again evrry time they re-release it. Give me more Pyoro!

9 hours ago, sid said:

Switch or gtfo 

Yeah there was a lot of backlash when it was announced exclusively for the 3DS.

No idea if we'll ever get a Switch version though. The best we could expect is a port of the 3DS game. I wouldn't count on a new entry in the series any time soon; I reckon the series has more or less been abandonned (and let's be fair, after 300 mini-games, what more can you come up with?) and this best of compilation is a last attempt to get some money out of the series.

Like others I'm hoping desperately that it can rekindle that thing that made the first game essential, but all subsequent sequels not as good. 

I was going to say they got progressively worse, but I think Smooth Moves might have been better than Touched, even if just for the multiplayer element.

I never played Game And Wario on WiiU, but it didn't review well, and is it even part of the series?

Being on 3DS is not so good, but I guess there is less likelihood of the 3DS disintegrating as you project it across the room after a failed alcohol fuelled late night Paper Plane high score session trying to beat your uni course mates :)

2 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Like others I'm hoping desperately that it can rekindle that thing that made the first game essential, but all subsequent sequels not as good. 

I was going to say they got progressively worse, but I think Smooth Moves might have been better than Touched, even if just for the multiplayer element.

As Twisted was the best one, this makes no sense.

57 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I never played Game And Wario on WiiU, but it didn't review well, and is it even part of the series?

It's alright you know, I enjoyed it. Some of the mini games are better than others and some make better use of the two screens than others.

Gamer is quite possibly the best Wario micro/mini game featured on any Wario game.

I'd buy a Switch collection like this, but what I really want is a sequel to WarioWare Smooth Moves. The game that they should have made instead of 12 Switch. Loads of potential there with the double joycon. And holy shit the whole world is in desperate need of some new  Form Baton pose explanations.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

As Twisted was the best one, this makes no sense.

Something annoyed me about Twisted, but I can't remember what.

It was either the cart sticking out of the SP being uncomfortable, or maybe I was playing on my GB Micro which I thing has an off centre cart slot or something?

I should find a GBA charger and give it another spin, and revisit the original at the same time.

15 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Gamer is quite possibly the best Wario micro/mini game featured on any Wario game.

Won't see many people arguing with that. The kind of experience that only the Wii U could provide, the system needed more games like that.

• 1 month later...

The demo delivers and left me in no doubt that I’ll be picking up the full game. I thought the mash-up of control styles in Ultra mode might be a nightmare to contend with but it works.

It does make me think about what they could do with a Joy-con and HD Rumble, though, and mourn the likelihood of that being at least two years away.

WOOF, the demo for this is fantastic. Points towards a very big return for the series in terms of content. Lots of modes, extras and characters being teased.

Production values are also through the roof in comparison with the rest of the series.

Nintendo started offering a new demo for WarioWare Gold on the European eShop yesterday. However, in the electronic manual, fans have found an interesting detail about the game: you’ll actually be able to make your own dubs with the cut-scenes :o

To do so, you’ll need to access “Studio” in the toy room. This allows players to dub over the different movies in the game. But since audio is recorded to an SD card, Nintendo advises having a lot of space available.

warioware-gold-dubs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/05/2018 at 15:46, Calashnikov said:

Problem with Wario Ware is you can never get back the feeling of that first time playing it. Do you remember it? :wub:

I was thinking exactly the same right before I read this. A cascade of joy and confusion and delight. Pure magic. 

I've picked this up, and have now completed the "Story" part of it. But, there seems to be a whole realm of crap still to unlock! I don't even know how to get the various Toys and Minigames, I'm assuming that they all come from the capsule machine, but the one turn I spent so far earned me the Amiibo drawing thing which would be awesome if my 3DS was one of the New variety that can actually read Amiibos...

This sounds like complaining, which it isn't. There really is a lot of content in here.