Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Minion

RLLMUK Driveclub Weekly Time Trial Challenge 2018

Recommended Posts

Apologies if I delayed getting this started. I forgot this was 30fps. Quite jarring when you’ve been used to 60!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, klargon said:

Apologies if I delayed getting this started. I forgot this was 30fps. Quite jarring when you’ve been used to 60!

 

Don't worry you've got a week, just give it 10-15 minutes a day (digital really helps for this) and you'll be back in the swing in no time. I got competitive earlier and beat @bradigor's sick time, not sure if anyone has topped it yet, be good if you could set up notifications on challenges.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

Don't worry you've got a week, just give it 10-15 minutes a day (digital really helps for this) and you'll be back in the swing in no time. I got competitive earlier and beat @bradigor's sick time, not sure if anyone has topped it yet, be good if you could set up notifications on challenges.

 

Ah man, took me a while to beat MeanElf... Will go again later this week and try and find a groove. Can see where to shave time off. 
 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaved about a second off it ;)

 

My time will get obliterated though. I really can’t figure out how to take those hairpins. I have a wheel, which will be an advantage over those who don’t. I guess manual clutch and h-pattern evens it a little.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you choose whos ghost you chase on this? Or is it always the lead time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect to be way down the board in all fairness. I can do manual gears in the likes of Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo on the tracks, but in something like this, PGR and any Rally games, I cannot do anything other than Auto. 

I wonder if we can work out who is using what as we go so we can compare to likeminded opponents (I suppose like the Works / Independent split on BTCC). 

 

Auto
Manual
Wheel

etc

No effect on the overall leaderboard, just as a nice to know. Feel free to tell me to fuck off though ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, wev said:

Can you choose whos ghost you chase on this? Or is it always the lead time?

 

I don't think so unfortunately.

 

27 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I fully expect to be way down the board in all fairness. I can do manual gears in the likes of Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo on the tracks, but in something like this, PGR and any Rally games, I cannot do anything other than Auto. 

I wonder if we can work out who is using what as we go so we can compare to likeminded opponents (I suppose like the Works / Independent split on BTCC). 

 

Auto
Manual
Wheel

etc

No effect on the overall leaderboard, just as a nice to know. Feel free to tell me to fuck off though ;)

 

 

I use auto on pad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say earlier, didn't @labarte who was just the fastest guy ever, always use auto on pad too. Not sure wheel helps on Driveclub TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wev said:

Can you choose whos ghost you chase on this? Or is it always the lead time?

The game selects a ghost near your first lap time, then another when you beat that and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I've played 2 Horizons and a Motorsport since this, completely out of practice with the handling. Do love a time trial though, like when you heart starts going when you realize you're faster than the first 2 sectors and you're trying not to bin the last :lol:

 

Have posted my time, I look forward to a squabble at the back for the 12th place bonus point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Danster said:

@Minion not sure I've been invited, can't find the challenge... :(

 

 

Ahh shit sorry, I have forwarded it to you, I somehow missed you off my list, my mistake :(

 

You are now definitely on my list and I have amended the player list on the OP so we now have 20 players!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had another run last night and kept making silly mistakes and clipping the walls at the wrong times. Then managed to nail a solid lap to hit 57.666 which doesn't put me top, but happy with that lap. I can still see another half second coming off that if I can nail it properly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on, what app is that?

 

I found 0.6 second in the first 2 sectors but I haven't a clue how to get around the hairpins quickly and lose it all. Actually, more like 0.6 through the first and I always lose a tenth in the second sector.

 

Edit- oh a Driveclub Android app, didn't know that was a thing :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Hang on, what app is that?

 

I found 0.6 second in the first 2 sectors but I haven't a clue how to get around the hairpins quickly and lose it all. Actually, more like 0.6 through the first and I always lose a tenth in the second sector.

 

Edit- oh a Driveclub Android app, didn't know that was a thing :)

 

 

Yeah I struggle there too, the lap when I beat @bradigor's time I came in a lot faster than I wanted and braked hard, somehow I was faster through the pins than he was at the time. Maybe a decent driver can give us some tips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea with those hairpins is NOT to take them too fast and just get as clean a line as you can through them. Mainly trying to get on the power as early as possible out of the second one. 

There seems to be a few areas where just dropping your speed a little actually gets you a better and faster line. 

 

My main issue at the moment is keeping four wheels on the ground in a couple of parts, as that must be losing me about 2/10ths of a second alone in a lap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may NEVER happen again and I expect this to last no more than 5 minutes... However let me bask in this for a moment!!!

 

OMG.thumb.jpg.e662d7407e2bd36d287761b2b9bdd1d5.jpg

 

I got to within 4/100ths of a second of Spatular on my latest run, then hit a groove and beat him by 2/1000ths then I smashed the 57.000 mark on my very next lap. 

 

:omg:

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradigor said:

This may NEVER happen again and I expect this to last no more than 5 minutes... However let me bask in this for a moment!!!

 

OMG.thumb.jpg.e662d7407e2bd36d287761b2b9bdd1d5.jpg

 

I got to within 4/100ths of a second of Spatular on my latest run, then hit a groove and beat him by 2/1000ths then I smashed the 57.000 mark on my very next lap. 

 

:omg:

 

Amazing driving dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's excellent, @bradigor.

 

I wish you could select a ghost. It's only giving me at the moment, and I'm not learning from it. I used to love going up against heandog or similar the last time we did these time trails, I'd learn so much about racing line and stuff by just watching you lot.

 

(can Rushy sneak a minor feature request into production for us? :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driveclub doesnt let me change down the gears quick enough, I've noticed it when going into the hairpins mentioned, I go down to second and eventually first but not as quickly as Id like, I've tried playing in auto and those corners the gearbox only goes down to second but I visibly lose time on my own (manual shift) ghost when trying to accelerate out of the corner due to the lower revs. (this isn't an excuse as to why I'm only in the high 59's though, I seem to lose alot of time in the yellow marked corner and the elephant corner prior to the hairpins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to give it just one stab of the brakes before the yellow, swing wide and then brake hard really late for the red one. Think I clipped the outside wall on my fastest time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I suck. Not played this too much so time is terrible. Will have to get a good session in later on. I seemed to spend a lot of time hitting walls and going backwards

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

Wow, I suck. Not played this too much so time is terrible. Will have to get a good session in later on. I seemed to spend a lot of time hitting walls and going backwards

Yeah, my first few laps were more like a pinball session. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Yeah, my first few laps were more like a pinball session. 

I think playing Onrush has deleted any Driveclub skills I had. Plus I've not played the game that much and the handling seems really different from the early races

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear, I'm slipping down. Probably won't get another go until Saturday night now.  No idea why it won't show me the whole table. 

 

Screenshot_20180529-222853.thumb.png.1abffc194ac72809ec390e81a795bcd4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.