Minion

RLLMUK Driveclub Weekly Time Trial Challenge 2018

Hi lovely people, this is an open to all weekly time trial challenge such as the ones the honourable @U-1 used to hold and which have been sorely missed.

The way it works is a challenge is set and sent out to all players on a Sunday and set for 7 days and within that 7 days every player can try as many times as they like to set their best time. Points will be awarded based on position and at the end there will be a final table and then if everyone is game we can start again.

I am open to any suggestions for how it should be run but I think we should keep it to just cars as not everyone will have the bike pack but I imagine everyone should have all the available tracks and cars by now.

Don't worry if you don't think you will be able to compete with the top guys, you never know and it's just a lot of fun to have a specific challenge to play for an hour or two a week whilst listening to your favourite music :)

So please sign up below if you are interested, post your PSN username when signing up so that I can add you to my friends list to send out the challenges.

The current leaderboard:

image.png.3bf5fcb0b01d790829fc508a6f51dd8e.png

27/05/2018:

1st weeks challenge: Nissan 370Z NISMO, Ashii 01 - winner @spatular

gWOhHAx.jpg

03/06/2018

Week 2 challenge: Mercedes Benz A 45 AMG, Lake Shoji reverse - Winner: @klargon

Dqnbgfb.jpg

10/06/2018

Week 3 challenge: Alfa Romeo 4C, SKN0 0 - Winner @PearlJam

L1BZLN6.jpg

17/06/2018

Week 4 Challenge: Lotus Evora Sports Racer, Sinclair Pass - Winner @spatular

sW53gM0.jpg

24/06/2018

Week 5 challenge: BMW M4, Skjolden Norway, Winner: @labarte

UnzQ4Vn.jpg

01/07/2018

Week 6 challenge: Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe, Nilgri Hills reversed, Winner @PearlJam

lsAXcdq.jpg

09/07/2018

Week 7 Challenge: Enzo Ferrari, Fraser Valley reversed, Winner: @spatular

VInVoAH.jpg

16/07/2018

Week 8 Challenge: BAC Mono, Nakasendo reversed

DW3ZFxn.jpg

• Upvote 6

I'm in!

duffyma71

(When will Sony please let us change out PSN IDs? I got stuck with mine when I signed up with my PSP donkeys years ago not realising it would stick)

• Upvote 1

Yup I'm definetly in! My PSN is RivaOni (and like @Vorgot I'd love to change mine as it's a handle I haven't used in a long long time)

• Upvote 1

I fired it up for the first time in ages and I didn't see an invite (it'll be a challenge, right?) and like I twp I've left the community at some point. I must stop being tidy.

Anyway, requested an invite to the community!

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

I fired it up for the first time in ages and I didn't see an invite (it'll be a challenge, right?) and like I twp I've left the community at some point. I must stop being tidy.

I think the first challenge is being set next sunday, giving people a week to sign up

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TehStu said:

Yes as @Vorgot said the first challenge will go out on Sunday, hopefully we can get a few more players involved before then, 8-9 is a good number but over 10 would be even better! I fired it up yesterday too just to get back in the groove, man is this game good! 

A few of you have yet to respond to my friend request, so please check if you have an outstanding request from xx SIMULANT xx (yes I'd love the opportunity to change my handle too).

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone I'm really stoked at the response this has got, including @U-1 we have 18 players which is brilliant, though I would like to take this opportunity to remind @labarte @klargon and @SeanR to accept my friend request so that I can send the challenge to them.

I was actually thinking of sending the challenge out tonight and setting the it for 8 days so everyone has plenty of time to participate. I will also release details of the point system once I've finalised it (and sobered up from last night) but I do want to have a system where everyone gets at least a point for posting a time, so for example positions 1-12 have a reduced scale of points and anything below gets a single point, I hope that isn't controversial I want to do it this way so that rewards are given for taking part and not just for beating the competition because it's the taking part that counts!

Anyway, super excited for this and hope everyone enjoys, have a nice Saturday :)

• Upvote 4

Only just noticed this. Would like to take part but won't be back home till Wednesday. Perhaps I can join in the week after or something.

PSN name is: Relentlessjon

24 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

Can I suggest starting with a car not too powerful? Just while we get back into it. 

Yes I thought the same, I have a track and car in mind that should be suitable I hope!

27 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Only just noticed this. Would like to take part but won't be back home till Wednesday. Perhaps I can join in the week after or something.

PSN name is: Relentlessjon

The more the merrier, I've sent you a friend request so just accept that if you can, you can still join in this week as the challenge is set for 7 days so it won't end till next Sunday, glad to have you on board.

I just hope those 3 remaining players accept my friend request soon, I may have to delay till tomorrow as I don't want to skip anyone.

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

The more the merrier, I've sent you a friend request so just accept that if you can, you can still join in this week as the challenge is set for 7 days so it won't end till next Sunday, glad to have you on board.

Thanks. I've accepted the request from here, so might get on it towards the end of the week.

• Upvote 1

Ok everyone the challenge has been made and sent out, hopefully a not too difficult one to get us back into the groove, I was able to send the request to @labarte and @SeanR but it would make it a lot easier in the future if you accept the friends request so I don't have to search, thanks!

Please everyone let me know if you experience any problems with the challenge, happy to take ideas about future challenges.

We have 19 players in the group so I am suggesting the point scale to be as follows: 1st place gets 15 points and from there on the points reduce by 1, so 2nd is 14, 3rd is 13 and so on until 14th and below all get 1 point, but only if a time is posted, no time posted = 0 points. The idea is to keep it close and reward participation, if anyone has any ideas on how to do that better or refine the system I'm open to suggestions this isn't set in stone until this first challenge is complete.

Anyway here is a screenshot of the challenge, so put on your favourite driving music and blast out some laps, go go go!

gWOhHAx.jpg 

• Upvote 5