4 hours ago, Welrain said:

Gemma Chan playing two different characters in the MCU - the hardcore are going to go nuts.

Her part wasn't that big in Captain Marvel plus she was a Smurf, thought I'm pretty excited to have an Asian being a big lead in a movie.

It was more jarring to see omid abtahi in Rogue One and then Mando.

5 hours ago, gospvg said:

I know it's comfy to sit in a megathread but I've moved the Eternal posts out into this dedicated thread.

I was almost in disbelief at how big that thread was.

24 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Her part wasn't that big in Captain Marvel plus she was a Smurf, thought I'm pretty excited to have an Asian being a big lead in a movie.

It was more jarring to see omid abtahi in Rogue One and then Mando.

Is he in Rogue One?

7 minutes ago, yakumo said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK-ODXNHZSrNCpzsGMV0u

The-Mandalorian-Dr-Pershing.jpg

Sorry mate - Two different actors.

That's Riz Ahmed in Rogue One.

Edit - I think I'll watch Rogue One tonight, it's a great film. Thanks for mentioning it.

10 minutes ago, cubik said:

Never mind. Look on the bright side, I'm watching Rogue One!

I really enjoyed Rogue the first time round, but re watching it again it was a hard slog because its so miserable.  Still feel like an idiot:(, have google in front of me as well. 

I admit, it's not got the happiest of endings but it feels more like Star Wars than anything else outside the OT. All the tech and even the 'taches match the 70's aesthetic of the original.

Plus K2SO is great, adds to the film and is not just a bog standard annoying droid sidekick.

Anyways, back to the Eternals chat.

Fingers crossed for it being great, I really hope it can be part of something that lives up to the previous MCU Infinity Stones saga.

4 minutes ago, cubik said:

I admit, it's not got the happiest of endings but it feels more like Star Wars than anything else outside the OT. All the tech and even the 'taches match the 70's aesthetic of the original.

Plus K2SO is great, adds to the film and is not just a bog standard annoying droid sidekick.

Anyways, back to the Eternals chat.

Fingers crossed for it being great, I really hope it can be part of something that lives up to the previous MCU Infinity Stones saga.

Hype

The Eternals are one of my least known Super hero teams in Marvel Comics. Any decent recommendations on arcs/collections to read on them?

18 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

The Eternals are one of my least known Super hero teams in Marvel Comics. Any decent recommendations on arcs/collections to read on them?

Neil Gaiman’s run is supposed to be good, but like most comic book readers, I haven’t actually read it myself.

3 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

is that McLovin in the back row?

I enjoyed Gaiman's run.  I would imagine Kirby's is great but I haven't read it

Kieron Gillen just started a run on Eternals which has been pretty good so far.

No, it's the even weirder - but very good actor, Barry Keoghan - who is always playing a pyscho, a chronic masturbater or a pyschotic chronic masturbater. I am interested to see how he fits into the MCU. 

I don't know anything about the Eternals and think that poster looks shit but if you'd did a calendar mock up of the Guardians of the Galaxy in front of me before I saw that I'd have felt the same and look how good that ended up being.

On 21/09/2018 at 22:11, Chadruharazzeb said:

A franchise I've never heard of, written by people I've never heard of, directed by someone I've never heard of who made a film I've never heard of. Got to say my interest is pretty low here, sorry. 

When I saw that the thread was bump, I thought it would be about the director Chloe Zhao  just becoming the first Asian woman to win best director at golden globes.  Probably a front runner for the Oscars too.

1 hour ago, jon_cybernet said:

No, for Nomadland, her previous film. Eternals isn't out until later this year. 

Is it about this guy?

spacer.png

I'm as baffled by albino baby superhero as you are so don't ask me for details.

23 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Is it about this guy?

spacer.png

I'm as baffled by albino baby superhero as you are so don't ask me for details.

Yes!

No. 

I watched it yesterday actually it was a legit good film, with Francis McDormand giving a fantastic performance as a middle-aged woman trying to find her place in the world after the death of her husband by becoming a modern nomad. Very moving, but not sure that anything about it screamed ‘Marvel Superhero Movie’. 

Although there hasn’t been a trailer yet, maybe Eternals is full of scenes where Kit Harrington poos in a bucket while trying to get a phone signal.