rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Marvel's Eternals

46 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

A franchise I've never heard of, written by people I've never heard of, directed by someone I've never heard of who made a film I've never heard of. Got to say my interest is pretty low here, sorry. 

Guardians of the Galaxy say hi

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Had people really never heard of James Gunn? 

Yeah of course they hadn't, he was pretty much a nobody that had directed two low budget B movies, one in 2006 and the other in 2010.

13 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Had people really never heard of James Gunn? 

Nope - I had seen a couple of his films (slither and super I think) but had never heard his name before GOTG

The casting for this so far has been very diverse with ethnicity, we have prominent actors who are Indian, east Asian and Latina.

Given the origin story of the Eternals I hope the diversity will be used as part of the plot: the characters have been living on various continents for years.

You have to imagine this movie will sew the seeds of mutants in the MCU.

I’d never heard of James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy or the lead actor. Only person I knew was that one of them was in the Star Trek reboot I hated and that Bin Diesel was a tree.

Christ if this doesn't make you feel old, the youngest cast member (Lia McHugh playing Sprite) was born in 2007. She's younger than this forum!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Christ if this doesn't make you feel old, the youngest cast member (Lia McHugh playing Sprite) was born in 2007. She's younger than this forum!

Casting a 12yr old as an immortal doesn't seem to be a clever idea.

47 minutes ago, drmick said:

Tell that to Kristen Stewart.

Edit: er, I mean Kirsten Dunst.

• Empathy 1

On 27/08/2019 at 18:23, drmick said:

I presume you mean cause she'll grow up in between filming? I guess that's easily explainable, they can says shes a young immortal who hasn't reached full adult form yet....until she does.

8 hours ago, Stigweard said:

I presume you mean cause shell grow up in between filming? I guess that's easily explainable, they can says shes a young immortal who hasn't reached full adult form yet....until she does.

Yep, like Walt from Lost, not the creepy reasons the other guys come up with!

There will be no decent in-universe reason for her being 2000yrs old but looking like a 12yr old in one movie, and then looking like a young adult a mere 6 years later in a second sequel. I guess she kicks the bucket in this one!

On 27/08/2019 at 06:27, Jg15 said:

If they went with Gaiman's storyline (they won't) then it's also the single most important role.