rllmuk
dumpster

Turn your PS3 into an intriguing emulation machine

3 hours ago, Pavey said:

Still no joy. Would i be mad, in your opinion @dumpster, in wiping the machine and starting again with the hack? Mine was done a long time ago, when i think it was only possible with certain os numbers?

Don't know if that would make a difference, or irrelevant now?

Don't know to be honest - but it's not a lengthy process, so why not give it a go, see what happens?

7 hours ago, Pavey said:

Still no joy. Would i be mad, in your opinion @dumpster, in wiping the machine and starting again with the hack? Mine was done a long time ago, when i think it was only possible with certain os numbers?

Don't know if that would make a difference, or irrelevant now?

I've just tested Gradius V on my PS3 and it plays fine, although it is a JPN machine with full back compat. I use multiman to launch. Maybe give multiman a download and see. From the looks your file structure is right for were to place the iso.

I am pretty sure from memory that I played Gradius 5 on my non-bc compatible ps3. Ripped the disk in Multiman.  I did find the ps3 when hacked became a bit less stable than I'd like and ended up with the Wii as the only console I have permanently set up for emulation.  I'd love to hear more of others experiences.

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

So is this the best way forward for PS1 emulation? My fat PS3 isn't doing much more than gathering dust these days and this may give it a new lease of life.

It might be but a PSTV maybe better (and smaller) if you can get hold of one.

Ooof I'm doing something wrong. I've got as far as installing the firmware but the xPloit hack site says

"Your firmware version requires 4.84 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) to be installed, containing exploitable modules"

I've installed it four times now.

TBH I'm finding that Reddit guide a bit of a chore.

On 04/01/2019 at 20:01, dumpster said:

Don't know to be honest - but it's not a lengthy process, so why not give it a go, see what happens?

There's a few PSP homebrew apps I would like to run on PS3 - 1337 (Elite 2 port), Ultima 7 port and Adventure Game Studio engine. Since they're not ISO files, is there a way to run them on PS3?

I heard there was an Ultima 7 PS3 port amongst Might and Magic and other games, but was only for an early PS3 cfw );

12 hours ago, buizel said:

There's a few PSP homebrew apps I would like to run on PS3 - 1337 (Elite 2 port), Ultima 7 port and Adventure Game Studio engine. Since they're not ISO files, is there a way to run them on PS3?

I heard there was an Ultima 7 PS3 port amongst Might and Magic and other games, but was only for an early PS3 cfw );

Really don't know, sorry.

1 hour ago, Tomdominer said:

I am sure I asked this before, but I couldn't see the question. Anyway, does anyone know how to undo this all? Is there a revert guide on reddit or something?

I'm in the opposite situation. I can't get the bloody thing to work!

When I did mine, I found that I was missing steps from the process.  Like you follow steps one to 5, then look away from the screen for a bit, and when you look back step 8 is exactly the same words as step five so you do step nine in error. The process was painless though - I had no idea why I was doing what I was doing, but it all worked in the end.  I know you have to check your serial in the first steps and follow the correct steps for your particular machine, so maybe other PS3 revisions are more complex than mine was.  It is worth doing because it makes a great all in one Sony machine (PS2, PS3, PS1, PSP), but with the recent advances in emulation on the Vita, I'd say a PSTV box is probably better.

8 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

I am sure I asked this before, but I couldn't see the question. Anyway, does anyone know how to undo this all? Is there a revert guide on reddit or something?

I'm sure I read a software update, presumably via pen drive, undoes it.

OK, successfully did this (much to my surprise) and everything seems to be working. Now... Considering the only reason I went through the whole process was to play Railfan, where the heck can I find a decent repository of files? 

22 hours ago, michael said:

OK, successfully did this (much to my surprise) and everything seems to be working. Now... Considering the only reason I went through the whole process was to play Railfan, where the heck can I find a decent repository of files? 

Pretty sure that isn't a question for in here..

I had a mess about with mine last night and managed to get Gregory Horror Show running from the HD.  It is the PAL version and has a 60hz option which when enabled looks so much better but I am aware this was not available with all PAL games.

Am I correct in saying all NTSC games would have been 60hz so therefore provided I can find those versions I should be alright?  

On 06/02/2020 at 15:07, michael said:

On 07/02/2020 at 13:36, Parappa said:

Pretty sure that isn't a question for in here..

I think we're alright as long as we're not actually linking to files?

Torrent sites are favourite. If you can get a Gazelle Games account, it'll be in there.

• Upvote 1