CovisGod

RⒶGE 2 - Explosions by Avalanche Studios

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

‘Fuck have you been doing?!!!

I’d cleared the whole story and picked up every ability and weapon in less than 15.

looking for pink boxes in the bases

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Strafe said:

‘Fuck have you been doing?!!!

I’d cleared the whole story and picked up every ability and weapon in less than 15.

I'm at 21 hours now. Been doing every '?' that pops up, and having a good wander about.

Now down to £26 in cdkeys - probably will hit £20 before the end of the month

But obviously I already folded and bought it for £27 on Saturday because I'm an idiot and wanted it.

But no regrets it so far - runs lovely at high settings on my 1060 GTX laptop and no sign of the bugs reported in my first 5 hours with the game.

Just did a really neat little dungeon type affair leading to a massive mutant boss.

Shooting is amazing, driving perfectly serviceable and looks like there is a lot to do.  Despite the marketing being all neon the game actually looks and feels pretty close to the first game.

I'm massively enjoying it so far.

• Upvote 5

I don't think I can be bothered with the Open World Icon Busywork™ to unlock the more interesting combat abilities. Such a boring world and I feel like I've had my fill of all The Few Variants Of Icon Things To Do® after about 6 hours play.

16 hours ago, Flub said:

Turns out Avalanche made a PC game that needs me to literally unplug my second monitor in order to play

Odd. I have two monitors connected and have no issue (one HDMI and one D-port).

@MK-1601 You'll be happy to know I played with my mouse and keyboard last night.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Odd. I have two monitors connected and have no issue (one HDMI and one D-port).

@MK-1601 You'll be happy to know I played with my mouse and keyboard last night.

Are they both the same rez? One of mine is 1080p and the other is 4k.

The issue I am having is MSI afterburner OSD only shows up on my 4k monitor. Not really a huge deal, but I like to optimise frames when I play 1080p and it's difficult without a precise indicator of what is good to lower for performance.

This is great, can't figure out the hate so far although I'm only a few hours in. Sort of like if Far Cry and Doom had a baby,

Possibly not the AAA experience people were hoping for but I'll sure as shit get £26 worth of enjoyment out of it. 

Looks great on on 1660ti PC too

• Upvote 7

Has anyone else encountered the bug with the difficulty defaulting to Easy each time you load the game? I thought it seemed like a total breeze so far and I'm guessing that's why, I hadn't really bothered looking for other weapons beyond the shotgun as it was just one or two shotting everything. It made the upgrades to health etc. seem pointless too, I can't remember my health going below 50 never mind actually getting killed and needing the cardiac shock skill. I've not been able to test it yet but apparently the fix is to do with changing the difficulty to easy then back to normal/hard and has to be done every time you load the game.