CovisGod

RⒶGE 2 - Explosions by Avalanche Studios

I played it on pad on pc last night too because I'd been sat at a desk all day and wanted to kick back, and it looks and feels great. The gunplay and look of the game actually remind me a lot of Apex Legends. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

I'm the complete opposite, loving how old school and mindless it is. I've no problem with driving about for a bit, I don't need constant immediacy. The gunplay is so much freaking fun and there's always something in closeish proximity to do.

I have heard console versions are a bit meh graphically but it looks good on PC.

me too, playing on pc on ultra and loving how every encounter just goes crackers and becomes more intense as the game unfolds. Not arsed about a story and never was with Doom or any games like this as long as the mechanics and toys are good and they so are.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

Why are you playing it with a pad on PC?

My PC is hooked up to the same telly as my consoles (and also to two monitors on a desk) and except for things like point n click adventures, classic isometric WRPGs and such, I play all the games with a pad :) I prefer it, it's more fun for me. Note that I don't ever play competition multiplayer, so opponents having mouse advantage is completely irrelevant to me.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

How long can he keep up his neg streak combo? Is there a forum record?

EDIT: Shit I don't wanna be the person who breaks the combo.

I SOMETIMES ENJOY PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES WITH A CONTROLLER INSTEAD OF A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

• Upvote 5

Im playing this with a pad on pc, because its comfy and I dont need to be pixel point accurate when I'm gibbing some mutants legs off with a shotgun

Shall we start a game pad support group?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Im playing this with a pad on pc, because its comfy and I dont need to be pixel point accurate when I'm gibbing some mutants legs off with a shotgun

Shall we start a game pad support group?

It'd probably be better to start a support group for people who can't deal with the fact some people like playing PC FPSs with a pad.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Harsin said:

How long can he keep up his neg streak combo? Is there a forum record?

EDIT: Shit I don't wanna be the person who breaks the combo.

I SOMETIMES ENJOY PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES WITH A CONTROLLER INSTEAD OF A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

If he quickly pays up for muk membership he can keep negging! 

I PLAY ON ULTRA SETTINGS WITH A PAD

Anyway, Rage 2 is Sandbox Game: The Videogame in the same way Mad Max was. But in that game the Mad Max skin alone wasn't enough to hold my interest. Thankfully, the combat in Rage 2 is a lot more solid and entertaining. As a game overall it's as middle of the road as can be, but it's a fun mindless experience. Compared to other recent Bethesda published single player experiences it's a bit disappointing; Dishonored 2 and Prey are incredible games, and Rage 2 is just... average. Competent, solid, and fun, but average.

• Upvote 3

In terms of tone, this is a very odd game. I replayed Rage last year and the world in 2 feels very true to the original at times. It's muted and low key, which isn't what I was expecting after the trailers. I've found it to be quite a nice game to just wander around in, even though there isn't always much to find in terms of stuff, because the world feels relatively well realised. It reminds me a little Breath of the Wild, actually, with the game coming out of the initial introduction, putting a big open world and some systems in front of you and just leaving you to it for the most part. I've found my approach to exploration has been quite similar to BOTW, in that I'm basically just moseying about, ignoring objectives and playing with the systems.

On the flip side, the characters often feel like they got lost on the way to the Borderlands set. They're not all completely over the top, but very few of them feel like believable people who react to events in believable ways. Rage wasn't a great deal better in that area, to be entirely fair, but Rage was a long time ago and things have come a long way. Ultimately Rage 2 feels a little bit confused, like they couldn't decide between making a more considered and weighty post apocalypse game or a 100% EXTREME wacky romp like the trailers implied the game was going to be, so it's actually a little of both and the two halves don't always play nice together.

Still, much like DOOM, the wafer thin plot and characters aren't really what you should be looking for here. It's all about that delicious combat, and you can tell ID have helped Avalanche out here, because much like the aforementioned DOOM, Rage 2 finds a way to tie both old and new schools of FPS combat design together in a really unique and enjoyable way. It's fast, it's brutal and when you've got a bunch of powers and weapons it's genuinely a lot of fun. I can't overstate how important it is for FPS combat to "feel" right, you know? Some games just have it, and this really does have it for me. Even taking on the most basic enemy groups feels satisfying, and sometimes getting that core loop just right will carry your game an awfully long way for me.

So the reviews are pretty spot on as far as I'm concerned. Superb combat, slightly confused tone, relatively empty open world (though I'm actually quite liking that aspect myself, it means I get to explore on my own terms and not because I feel like I need to scour the map for stuff). I like it a lot.

GOOD GAME.

Edit: I play a lot of PC stuff with a pad. Pads are great, especially in games like this with driving and that, where analogue controls are really useful!

• Upvote 6
  • Empathy 1

It's a scientific fact that playing games that aren't pointy click games on the PC with a keyboard and mouse causes hand AIDS. 

I can play with a keyboard and mouse but if I don't have to then I'm certainly not going to. Because of hand AIDS.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I asked for that 

But do you strafe with a keyboard or a joypad :sherlock:

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting that in a post apocalyptic wasteland set in a mildly fictional universe, nobody has yet made comment on the appearance of self proclaimed 'king of the cockney's' Danny Dyer and his voice over skills.

Or is that being saved for loot box style dlc?

Nah, Danny Dyer is alright with me since calling David Cameron a twat on live TV.

Who knows about Brexit? No one has got a fucking clue what Brexit is,” 

“You watch Question Time, it’s comedy. No one knows what it is. It’s like this mad riddle,”

“What’s happened to that twat Cameron who brought it on?”  “Let’s be fair. How come he can scuttle off? He called all this on. Where is he? He’s in Europe, in Nice with his trotters up. Where is the geezer? I think he should be held accountable for it. Twat.”

• Upvote 2

I used Keyboard and Mouse for years.

I stopped doing so in most PC Games when Microsoft sorted their drivers for the Xbox 360 pad.

Don't get me wrong I still use Keyboard and Mouse now and again, but I use my PC as a console mostly with Pads.

PADS!

lily-pads-small.jpg

Also, as I keep referring to … the PC as a gaming machine seems to be where its at especially over the last few months.  And will be getting a bloody good one instead of a PS5 or whatever Microsoft spit out.

• Upvote 2

The ambitious and successful lengths at which Bethesda are going to to torpedo their brand by continually releasing unfinished games is commendable, I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

I do struggle to understand those who are having issue with the driving. Its very, very easy.

they're on keyboard and mouse

;)

• Upvote 8