CovisGod

RⒶGE 2 - Explosions by Avalanche Studios

God, I was joking about the mystery Bethesda announcement being Rage having assumed they’d never return to it, and now I feel daft. I remember playing the original and finding it fun but unremarkable, as well as looking alternately gorgeous and a mess on 360 because of the texture streaming.

Day one for this then.

2 hours ago, Kiwi Cake said:

I liked Rage.

I once had £2 left on a Game Voucher Card and got Rage for £1.98 delivered, less than a pint and brought me Multiple hours of entertainment. Actually looking forward to this. 

• Upvote 1

A2090E33-3336-4C97-983B-5B2E690713A6.thumb.jpeg.39bd51c27acdc87e7a849130b37968ac.jpeg

Dev team is apparently Avalanche Studios. The MachineGames dream is dead.

Still, looking forward to seeing what Avalanche do with it, and also if it’s gonna be an IDtech game or their own engine.

Just Cause madness with an ID Engine meaning it actually runs well? Sign me the fuck up, son.

Please bring back the lady who voiced Bolo Santosi.

4 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

So who is doing Just Cause 4 then?

They did Mad Max and JC3 almost at the same time so maybe they're a 2 game studio?

Makes sense. Rage was sold on its vehicular combat blended with FPS sections. I hope they have a lot of structure damage a la Just Cause too if it really is Avalanche. 

• Upvote 1

Mad Max was a third of good game which was unfortunately streeeeeeeeched across way too many hours. If they can avoid that this could be good.

The skybox in Rage was quite stunning.

Pretty-Skybox.jpg 

If they fix the enemy damage levels (10 shots for a damn headshot in the first) and structure the game better this'll be great. 

• Upvote 2

Probably a good choice of dev. JC3 was fun.  There's something special about guns in Id games, so hope they manage to emulate that.

Need to be 60fsp too.  I'm not normally an fps tart, but it's required for this.

Between this and Prey, Bethesda has a weird obsession with building "brands", don't they?

5 hours ago, Harsin said:

Looks like they're tuning it into off-brand Borderlands.

Borderlands is pretty great, sold a zillion copies, and I'm not totally convinced Gearbox won't screw up the next Borderlands game. There's far, far worse ideas than making an off-brand Borderlands from the remains of Mad Max and Rage.

• Upvote 2