rllmuk
RubberJohnny

Beat Saber - 360 and 90 degree mode released

11 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Seems hit and miss for most peeps on all platforms. I have them pop up as standard iPhone notifications - except they’ve stopped during the last week for some reason. So I’m all for us trading our various notifications in here.

Enjoy your IG day. I expect some serious scores will await me.

Cheers, but bloody hell jonamok, I've just had a look at the scoreboards. You've not been messing around this evening have you?

Might have to try and reclaim one or two of those vol 1 and vol 2 songs back tomorrow too.

Catharsis: The Game. That's what this is. Utterly fucking brilliant!! :wub:

That was just what I needed. I was at a loose end tonight, this is my first weekend of no alcohol (not a serious problem, just trying to tone it down), replaying Arkham Knight wasn't doing it for me, and I was feeling kinda ... empty, I suppose. So I bought this and the Imagine Dragons pack, but I only played three tracks from that before going back to the campaign. 

Fucking amazing!! 4A was kicking my arse for ages because I wasn't scoring high enough. Took me a couple of tries to realise I was getting physically tired and not hitting the blocks hard enough. Found a second wind and fucking nailed it!! :wub:

Did I say :wub: already?

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

edit: For PS4 leaderboards, I'm Nighteyes-UK if anyone wants to add me. 

• Upvote 4

I've got as far as 11 in the campaign (and couldn't do 9a at all) ... not sure I can get any further in that, which is a shame. :(

How the fuck some of you lot are doing shit on hard mode I'll never know, proper fucking ninjas!! :lol:

I could play ID's Whatever it Takes all fucking day. :wub:

Forget the annoying YouTuber, this is the best footage yet of 360 mode. And it does go a full 360. Looks fucking brilliant and proper challenging (though she definitely had it on no fail for show floor purposes). Just skip through the unboxing stuff.

@Fatsam Fuck me, they are some solid Imagine Dragons scores [Quest/Hard].

Unfortunately the missus discovered the ID tracks this evening too, so that was that. Gave me the headset back when she’d flattened the bloody battery, and it was too hot to play and charge. First Wife Problems.

Tomorrow it is then. :D

• Upvote 2

Thought I’d go back to the campaign, and finally completed it [Quest].

Pretty straightforward on the whole bar a few irritating maximum distance/zero error levels, and any of those I could bypass I did.

The few expert levels towards the end were relatively easy, as none ask for zero error runs, to my surprise.

Oh well, back to wrestling with the leaderboards.

12 hours ago, jonamok said:

@Fatsam Fuck me, they are some solid Imagine Dragons scores [Quest/Hard].

You can probably tell I was getting a bit knackered by the last 4 in the group. Most of them are trickier than hard levels on the original soundtrack so going fast often ends up resembling expert. I might have to go back and just do one or two on normal speed and see how I get on.

My greatest achievements on Friday were managing to reclaim a top 100 score on 100$ Bills and improving my score on Beat Saber.

Aided by turning on disappearing arrows for an extra bonus.

Yes, after doing a perfect run on fast-hard $100 Bills this morning, and still being miles behind you, I worked out that you must also have disappearing arrows selected.

So I had a crack at that, and despite missing two blocks on the one tired attempt I had I still improved my score and closed the gap to about 4K.

A clean run should get me right around your epic score. I do so hate bloody disappearing arrows though!

I have the game on PSVR and I also have the Oculus Go, but kind of want custom tracks...  Is there a list of available songs somewhere?

1 hour ago, MoFo2 said:

I have the game on PSVR and I also have the Oculus Go, but kind of want custom tracks...  Is there a list of available songs somewhere?

Check out beatsaver.com for custom tracks. There are loads, however the quality varies massively. Also they won’t necessarily have all difficulties mapped.

Beast Saver has curated lists of the beatsaver tracks which are potentially worth looking at.

I keep reading this thread, this game sounds perfect - light sabre music game in VR, it’s everything I’ve ever wanted but for whatever reason I’ve not bought it.... until tonight, don’t know why but I did!

Im dead, 30 mins on easy and I have a proper sweat on - next time I’m going to have to wear a headband and Apple need to add a tracking app for this game on the watch!!

i remember reading about a solution to it cutting off when you duck down and I swear I’ve missed a few perfectly good points as it’s not tracked the wands - any suggestions?

Im on PSVR.

Adjust your height in game so you don't have to duck quite as much, and ensure the camera can see your thighs during the pre-game check. 

• Upvote 3

Besides the quest and it's slightly annoying tendency to lose tracking now and then, the most annoying bit for me is that the leaderboards don't have separate boards for the different modifiers. I wanna chase higher scores, but it seems like I need to do it with the difficulty mods applied in order to get better. Just cheapens it a bit for me. No biggy.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:55, Shimmyhill said:

i remember reading about a solution to it cutting off when you duck down and I swear I’ve missed a few perfectly good points as it’s not tracked the wands - any suggestions?

Im on PSVR.

The in-game height lets you switch between two heights IIRC, and whilst it helped a bit for me it didn't fix it. What sorted it properly was using the main menu settings before you've chosen what mode to play to adjust the floor height up significantly, so that the game was played a fair bit higher where I wanted it to be (I'd been stooping a tad before which was bearable on it's own, but not with the associated loss of tracking).

• Upvote 1

Epic session [Quest] tonight has seen me set a load of new Hard high scores. Still can’t touch a couple of your scores @Fatsam, but plenty of others to give you a workout. :)

Think I’ll switch up to Expert for a bit, as I expect it’s probably not much harder than Hard/Fast and that’s more or less second nature now.

• Upvote 1

On 23/06/2019 at 22:43, watusi said:

So is the DLC worth picking up for this or is it better just to tit around with custom songs? Or both!

I think the dlc packs are ace. On psvr so don’t have access to customs, but am thinking about getting a pc headset so I can try them. So yeah, both!

been playing this loads recently but hurt my shoulder so need to give it a rest for a bit, still might do some of the one handed mode today.

11 hours ago, jonamok said:

Epic session [Quest] tonight has seen me set a load of new Hard high scores. Still can’t touch a couple of your scores @Fatsam, but plenty of others to give you a workout. :)

Think I’ll switch up to Expert for a bit, as I expect it’s probably not much harder than Hard/Fast and that’s more or less second nature now.

Nice to know I've scores that still elude you:)

Bit hot for me to be playing at the moment and Mario Maker's coming through the post today, so I'm going to put off Beat Sabering until a more appropriate point in the near future. Try and win back the top slot on a couple then and have more of a bash on expert. Certainly try and master the easier ones.

Also had to handwash the sponge visor thing yesterday as it was getting a bit stinky from the sweat accumulation.

Lovely.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:15, Wroth said:

Hard mode 8-)

20190620_200644.jpg

I've ordered the 1kg ones of these, coming Monday. I added Beat Saber to my arms workout last night, but everything was way too easy physically - it was more cardio than anything. Great way to round off a workout though. :D

edit: Also managed to nail Imagine Dragons' Whatever it Takes on Normal yesterday - 428/428. Time to up the difficulty...

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.73a1a53fa4cafe6db168116ddcb2a175.png

Fuck me! Half an hour/forty minutes with these bad boys on, and my arms were ready to fall off. Great little workout. Coincidentally, something I have noticed about the Imagine Dragons tracks is that the difficulty is higher. Hard mode on the ID tracks is the equivalent of normal on the standard Beat Saber tracks. 

Either way, what a fucking game!! :wub: Can't believe I waited so long to get this, it's fucking essential for everyone with access to VR. 

Legend (ft. backchat) on hard mode. :wub: The track is not to my taste at fucking all. But in this game?

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Thor said:

Hard mode on the ID tracks is the equivalent of normal on the standard Beat Saber tracks

I presume you meant those the other way around. :)

And yes, BS is utterly essential on any platform. Better on Quest of course. ;)

14 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I presume you meant those the other way around. :)

Nope. I can do, say Legend, on Hard with little problem. But ID's Whatever It Takes on Hard is fucking solid.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Nope. I can do, say Legend, on Hard with little problem. But ID's Whatever It Takes on Hard is fucking solid.

Indeed, I'm agreeing with you 100%, the ID tracks are comparatively a lot harder than the originals.

It's just that that's quite different to what you originally implied:

Hard mode on the ID tracks is the equivalent of normal on the standard Beat Saber tracks. 

If you'd said that the other way around, i.e.: "Normal mode on the ID tracks is the equivalent of hard on the standard Beat Saber tracks." it would have made more sense.

Not that it matters, but this is the internet, so obviously it does. :P 

• Upvote 2