MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

On 12/12/2020 at 12:30, NickC said:

So do we think the Loki series is going to be all about him time travelling around Earth, cropping up to cause mischief and causing the incidents that were unexplainable or bizarre in our reality (JFK assassination, Lord Lucan, etc.)?

Kind of like Quantum Leap, where Sam is a cunt trying of mess things up.

Could work.

That is the thought that popped up into my head yeah. Could be good.

It won’t all be interconnected because some is just in parallel dimensions and shit. It’s not like you have to know comic history to enjoy a particular comic run, but a couple of nods for super fans appeases both types of reader/viewer. 

I’m sure there could be some crossover between particular series.

• 5 weeks later...

Feige doing nothing to dispel rumours of Charlie Cox Daredevil joining a movie, possibly Spider-Man 3

From the same interview as the Deadpool

news. 

Is there any chance that Charlie Cox could be back as Daredevil or do you consider what happened with Netflix almost like an alternate universe?

FEIGE: I look at anything that's happened before, whether it's our movies, whether it's Marvel entertainment TV series, in particular, obviously the comics, video games, cartoons, all of it is available as inspiration for the future of Marvel. That's the way that comics have worked for many years. So, we'll see.

I think a lot of people really loved Charlie in that role and are hopeful that he can find a way back. 

He wouldn’t say anything. Just looked at me and smiled.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/captain-america-eyes-return-to-the-mcu-as-chris-evans-nears-deal-to-reprise-role-in-future-marvel-project-1234672430/

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Maybe he's coming back as the elderly Cap, or doing a voice acting role in an animated thing? (He's one of the few who hasn't been announced for the cast of What If.) That would be much less commitment for him as it would avoid the need for all that physical training.

4 hours ago, Nick R said:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/captain-america-eyes-return-to-the-mcu-as-chris-evans-nears-deal-to-reprise-role-in-future-marvel-project-1234672430/

Maybe he's coming back as the elderly Cap, or doing a voice acting role in an animated thing? (He's one of the few who hasn't been announced for the cast of What If.) That would be much less commitment for him as it would avoid the need for all that physical training.

God, I hope it’s a full series of those admonishing videos the kids have to watch in detention. 

44 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Although, having said that, he would say that if it was a leak and not an official annoucnment. Just like Tatiana Maslany denied the She-Hulk rumours till she was annoucned and Hailee Steinfeld with Kate Bishop.

20 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Although, having said that, he would say that if it was a leak not official. Just like Tatiana Maslany denied the Sh-Hulk rumours till she was annoucned and Hailee Steinfeld with Kate Bishop.

Yeah of course he’s gonna say that - if you want to find out if Captain America’s coming back, you don’t ask Chris Evans, you ask spoiler king Mark Ruffalo. 

6 hours ago, Nick R said:

Now they're going to the multiverse - What if the dream is finally true? A Not Another Teen Movie/MCU cross over?

rs_1024x699-150213113207-1024.chris-evan

14 hours ago, Nick R said:

He doesn't have to take his top off. There are Marvel films where a leading man doesn't get half naked.  I think.  There must be one? Is there one? 

On 14/01/2021 at 13:50, JohnC said:

I really hope Cox does come back as he really was a great Daredevil. A fantastic piece of casting. In fact, I wouldn't say no to all of the Defenders making their way into the official MCU. With the obvious exception of Finn Jones, of course. Who not only should not come back to the MCU, but instead be banned from acting in anything, forever.

2 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

I hope that Feige realises that he quite simply will not get better casting than D'Onofrio as Fisk and Bernthal as Punisher. They were both note-perfect.

Not sure how you tone down Netflix Punisher for MCU, unless they decided to make some of these character R Rated (they are doing Blade & Deadpool 3 after all), so I could see them just not bothering with The Punisher. But The Kingpin, I think he's much easier to tone down and they have the perfect man ready in waiting for the role. They need to get him brought in.

On 14/01/2021 at 13:50, JohnC said:

I can't see DD's gritty urban brawling fitting in at all well with Spiderman film ethos, where he swings around, stopping things from happening but fighting nobody. 

Say what you will about Maguire Spidey, that dude beat the shit out of fools. 

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I can't see DD's gritty urban brawling fitting in at all well with Spiderman film ethos, where he swings around, stopping things from happening but fighting nobody. 

Say what you will about Maguire Spidey, that dude beat the shit out of fools. 

Good point. We've now had 7 dedicated Spider-man movies, and he's popped up in a further three MCU movies and we have had hardly any decent action sequence featuring him.

Rumour is that although the casting will be the same he won’t be playing the exact same character from the Netflix show. It will be the same guy playing a new version of the character. 

20 hours ago, Broker said:

Rumour is that although the casting will be the same he won’t be playing the exact same character from the Netflix show. It will be the same guy playing a new version of the character. 

Oh that’s a bit awkward. 

Would it really be too much to just canonise the tv stuff? It never stepped on the movies toes in any way iirc.