MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

Imagine if instead of a diverse cast of interesting takes on Spider-Man, Spider-Verse was just three virtually identical white guys, one of whom can’t act at all. It’s the Hollywood dream.

57 minutes ago, Broker said:

Imagine if instead of a diverse cast of interesting takes on Spider-Man, Spider-Verse was just three virtually identical white guys, one of whom can’t act at all. It’s the Hollywood dream.

I'm afraid to ask- which one you think can't act? 

32 minutes ago, drmick said:

I'm afraid to ask- which one you think can't act? 

Maguire! Holland is great and Garfield is a good actor with a shit script in shit films. Maguire has like three faces he switches between like a PS2 character model. 

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Maguire! Holland is great and Garfield is a good actor with a shit script in shit films. Maguire has like three faces he switches between like a PS2 character model. 

Well, he is vegan and left-handed.

On 11/10/2020 at 20:30, Stigweard said:

All based on nothing other than  Dr. Strange being announced for the film. Its all conjecture based on fuck all knowledge and sites needing clickbait. How about we wait and see.

True, but having character arc resets between every film is exactly what they did with Tony Stark. Iron Man 3 might as well not exist.

With the Flash movie doing the multiverse thing too, and the CW shows and Into the Multiverse having done this story already, this gimmick is getting old pretty quick. 

The sad thing is, there's so many awesome Spider-Man stories you could tell without needing the multiverse. Kraven's Last Hunt could make for a great film. Also Kraven looks a bit like Freddie Mercury from queen, so just get Rami Malek to bulk up a bit and you've already got casting sorted. 

image.png.6cd4730868cf2172e1d20e88b9fffb5e.png

28 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

How would it work without Spider-Man though?

It wouldn’t and would be utter shit.

Also Kraven’s Last Hunt is one of the the few genuinely classic Spider-Man stories, wasting it on Venom or Moebius would be a fucking travesty.

47 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

It wouldn’t and would be utter shit.

Also Kraven’s Last Hunt is one of the the few genuinely classic Spider-Man stories, wasting it on Venom or Moebius would be a fucking travesty.

I didn't say it was a good idea or something I wanted btw. 

This is probably going to turn out to be for some jokey cameos where MCU Spicey portal-jumps past the fight with Electro from ASM2 or some fight from the Raimi movies, and the other characters notice, shrug, and resume fighting.

On 09/10/2020 at 11:52, Broker said:

Final Spider-Man film rankings:

Homecoming 8/10

Far From Home 6/10

ASM 4/10

ASM2 3/10

Raimi 1 2/10

Raimi 2 2/10

Raimi 3 1/10

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2020 at 13:31, jon_cybernet said:

The sad thing is, there's so many awesome Spider-Man stories you could tell without needing the multiverse. Kraven's Last Hunt could make for a great film. Also Kraven looks a bit like Freddie Mercury from queen, so just get Rami Malek to bulk up a bit and you've already got casting sorted. 

I’d love them to go straight into the Spider-Verse comic story with all the spider totems being hunted and 1980s Saturday morning Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends being brutally killed off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/09/2020 at 00:06, Death's Head said:

I used to enjoy the old fourth-wall-breaking comics, they were great fun. Be nice if they kept that but it’s probably Deadpool’s shtick now.

Also I loved this:

9F51A8EB-E79F-4399-BBA7-F65C2C7842A2.thumb.jpeg.08499cf5eaecc6a0a6123f741f07bdee.jpeg

Sorry I am late to this but I loved John Byrne’s run on She-Hulk and the fourth wall breaking.

[I also note that someone said Cap and Iron Man weren’t that popular. I certainly read them in the mid to late 1980s and early 1990s. I seem to recall they were popular.  Maybe it was just me.]

2 hours ago, The Hierophant said:

Sorry I am late to this but I loved John Byrne’s run on She-Hulk and the fourth wall breaking.

[I also note that someone said Cap and Iron Man weren’t that popular. I certainly read them in the mid to late 1980s and early 1990s. I seem to recall they were popular.  Maybe it was just me.]

They weren’t that popular compared to the mega sales of Wolverine/X-Men, Spider-Man and whatever nonsense Rob Liefeld had crapped out that week. They still had comics though.