MCU Phase 4 and beyond - Spidey to stay in the MCU! (warning: Endgame and Far From Home spoilers)

She doesn't get anywhere near enough praise for Orphan Black, playing five different characters who you totally believe as separate people with their own personalities, etc.

The main character Sarah's shaky English accent removes none of that achievement. 

On 18/09/2020 at 00:06, Death's Head said:

I used to enjoy the old fourth-wall-breaking comics, they were great fun. Be nice if they kept that but it’s probably Deadpool’s shtick now.

Also I loved this:

9F51A8EB-E79F-4399-BBA7-F65C2C7842A2.thumb.jpeg.08499cf5eaecc6a0a6123f741f07bdee.jpeg

I have a feeling the show will be based on Dan Slotts run on the comic which was really awesome and so much fun.

Release date delays for Black Widow, Shang-Chi and The Eternals, as well as other Disney and Fox films (except for Soul):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/black-widow-west-side-story-delayed-to-2021-amid-pandemic

In another major reshuffling of its release calendar, Disney is pushing 2020 event pics Black Widow and West Side Story to next year amid challenges posed by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Marvel's female superhero pic, starring Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, had been set to hit the big screen on Nov. 6. It will now open on May 7, 2021. In turn, Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is being pushed from the May 7 date to July 9, 2021. (Marvel's The Eternals also has a new date.)

Steven Spielberg's West Side Story, from 20th Century and Amblin, is being delayed almost an entire year, and is moving from Dec. 18 to Dec. 10, 2021. Disney isn't giving up its seat at the 2020 Christmas table entirely and is relocating Death on the Nile from Oct. 23 to Dec. 18.

Black Widow's exit from the early November calendar is bad news for exhibitors who need tentpoles as they reopen. One bit of good news for theater owners: Pixar's Soul is sticking to its Nov. 20, 2020 theatrical release date, while 20th Century's Free Guy is keeping its Dec. 11, 2020 date. Nor are any of the film's mentioned in Tuesday's announcement being sent to Disney+, as Mulan was.

Elsewhere on Disney's calendar, The King's Man is being pushed up from Feb. 26, 2021, to Feb. 12, 2021. The latter had been the home of Marvel's The Eternals, which is moving to Nov. 5, 2021.

Among 20th Century/Disney titles, The Empty Man is moving up from Dec. 4 of this year to Oct. 23, while Deep Water is being delayed from Nov. 13 of this year to Aug. 13, 2021.

Unless we find a vaccine soon then cinema going numbers are going  to be way day all through next year anyway. They won't make the money back at the cinema anyway and if they delay further then cinema won't even be around anyway.

Just do staggered releases

Months 1-3 - Cinema

Months 3-8 - PPV Home Streaming

Month 8+ - Physical/Digital

Month 12+ - Subscription streaming services

4 hours ago, gospvg said:

Lots of cinema's are going to go bust, Disney will have no choice but to release on Disney+

I can see them stepping in and buying a cinema chain or two rather than having a load of Mulans on their hands.

The cinema doesn’t stand a chance, they’ll all be gone by next year. Also didn’t Mulan make more on its opening weekend than Tenet? There’s no way they’re ever going to see Endgame numbers again.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

The cinema doesn’t stand a chance, they’ll all be gone by next year. Also didn’t Mulan make more on its opening weekend than Tenet? There’s no way they’re ever going to see Endgame numbers again.

They’ll not be comparing it to Tenet though will they? 

“Hrmm not many people at Anfield recently. Should probably knock football on the head”

10 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

They’ll not be comparing it to Tenet though will they? 

“Hrmm not many people at Anfield recently. Should probably knock football on the head”

God that would be awesome. Just stop the whole football thing, maybe reboot it and give it another go in five years. 

6 minutes ago, cassidy said:

This young ladies world is about to change massively. 

I think she looks the part and I'm excited. Cos the first Ms Marvel run is bloody fantastic comics. 

She looks perfect for the role and yes the comics are freaking awesome.

I watched it in a bus journey, it was made the journey worse. I hated it and that version of Electro.

This has got everyone excited that it could mean a live action spider-verse though. 

With Wander-vission/Dr.Strange 2 weird goings on, plus JK Simmons being back, Keaton being in Morbius and now this news, they really could go nuts and go full Spider-verse/Sinister six in the MCU.

Plus, I don't know if this was a mistake or not but in the Morbius trailer, the picture of Spider-man is Maguires.

Screenshot_20201001-234040_YouTube.jpg

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

I've still not seen that one.

Lucky you. 

The stuff with Peter and Gwen works, as there's genuine chemistry between Garfield and Stone.

The rest is embarrassingly awful, especially the attempts at setting up The Sinister Six. 

I saw this trending on Twitter last night and thought my brain was melting. People shouting about this "AMAZING NEWS" who I'm guessing must've forgotten that the Jamie Foxx Electro was absolute shite. If they're going to take a villain from that series I'd be happier (but only slightly) with Rhys Ifans' Lizard.