rllmuk
Pob

MCU Phase 4 and beyond (Endgame spoilers fair game, no Far From Home spoilers)

7 minutes ago, Sabreman said:

I reckon there isn't a Multiverse, it's just be Mysterio talking shit.

Russos confirmed there is a multiverse.

Spoiler

Cap spent all that time with Peggy in an alternate timeline, essentially an alternate universe, before jumping back to his own timeline/universe to hand the Shield over to Falcon. 

52 minutes ago, Thor said:

Russos confirmed there is a multiverse.

Hide contents

Cap spent all that time with Peggy in an alternate timeline, essentially an alternate universe, before jumping back to his own timeline/universe to hand the Shield over to Falcon. 

Markus and McFeely don't agree with that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They would be very foolish to go down the multiverse route. It always gets convoluted and messy.

Actually, it's only messy if they let it get messy. And a multiverse fits better within Engame's own rules. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Going from Thanos to some random dude called Norman would be a bit of a disappointment.

Tye number off good Parker/Osborn stories is massive, though I’m not sure I but him as a big villain, I think Kingpin would work better there, if only they already had an incredibly talented actor with movie experience attached to that role.

30 minutes ago, Broker said:

Tye number off good Parker/Osborn stories is massive, though I’m not sure I but him as a big villain, I think Kingpin would work better there, if only they already had an incredibly talented actor with movie experience attached to that role.

I would love to see the MCU version of the Green Goblin saga (or any of the good Parker/Osborn stories) and I'd love to see Wilson D'Onofrio on the Big Screen, it's just that I don't see Osborn or Fisk as fitting villains to take on the entire MCU cast like Thanos did. Imho for the BIG villain who encompasses an entire phase you need someone like Dr. Doom or Galactus.

The rumours seem to have the cast split into the earthbound, more grounded heroes with Osborn as the villain, and the more powerful space heroes, who would assume sky have their own ongoing villain. It sounds like the plan is to have a bit of a break with some smaller arcs with characters split up before trying another giant mega team up.

11 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Going from Thanos to some random dude called Norman would be a bit of a disappointment.

They're doing Dark Reign where he becomes President and all the heroes are on the run and being hunted by a villain team, I'm guessing.

I don't think Green Goblin would be good, Homecoming already nicked the glider and all the good moments, and his motivation ("I'm just generically mad and just really hate Spiderman for no reason") doesn't really lend itself to the sort of nuanced villain people like at the moment.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

The rumours seem to have the cast split into the earthbound, more grounded heroes with Osborn as the villain, and the more powerful space heroes, who would assume sky have their own ongoing villain. It sounds like the plan is to have a bit of a break with some smaller arcs with characters split up before trying another giant mega team up.

Hmm, yeah. Earthbound heroes doing Dark Reign and the cosmic bunch could do Annihilation saga for example since they're going to introduce Nova. That could be very good. 

But now that you planted the idea in my head, I really want to see Vincent D'Onofrio on the MCU big screen.

18 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

They're doing Dark Reign where he becomes President and all the heroes are on the run and being hunted by a villain team, I'm guessing.

I don't think Green Goblin would be good, Homecoming already nicked the glider and all the good moments, and his motivation ("I'm just generically mad and just really hate Spiderman for no reason") doesn't really lend itself to the sort of nuanced villain people like at the moment.

Yeah, Dark Reign is the obvious choice here. Now that they also have the X-Men license, they could introduce Gyrich as the government guy who meddles with the Avengers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I would love to see the MCU version of the Green Goblin saga (or any of the good Parker/Osborn stories) and I'd love to see Wilson D'Onofrio on the Big Screen, it's just that I don't see Osborn or Fisk as fitting villains to take on the entire MCU cast like Thanos did. Imho for the BIG villain who encompasses an entire phase you need someone like Dr. Doom or Galactus.

I don't think going for bigger and more brightly-coloured alien nemeses would be a good way forward. After the Universe-threatening Thanos they need a different kind of threat.

• Upvote 1

I think the Osborne thing could work really well.

In the Dark Reign comics he’s a bit like Trump. Even though people know he’s got a dodgy past he uses fear to get the public onside and before you know it he’s in control of Shield. Some heroes go with him but most don’t. And then he starts ‘reforming’ villains to work for the government. I could see him trying to take out Thor’s New Asgard (a la Siege) by blaming them for some bad event that happens.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Cast Keanu as Osborne, cowards.

13 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Daniel. Day. Lewis.

1 minute ago, Harsin said:

Bobcat. Goldthwait.

Untitled.png.c7abd0bd97dc274a64fdc4bac013c735.png

• Upvote 2

This makes more sense than the above "leak":

Ross was at Tony's funeral, which is odd, as they werent "that" close. I think it was more out of respect, but also Marvels way of telling us he's still going to be a thing going forward, and this also ties in to the lack of a proper Avengers team post Endgame, allowing the Thunderbolts to take their place.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it would be stupid of them to integrate Spider-Man characters it into major MCU events. Good job that ship hasn’t sailed yet.

My son and I have been watching through the MCU from the start in recent weeks in the hope of getting through everything before Endgame completely disappears from the big screen. It's looking like Monday night may well be the last showing at the nearest decent cinema.

We've just finished Homecoming and have Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity War lined up and ready to go. If we get through those this weekend, will we miss anything important we need to know going into Endgame if we skip Ant-Man and the Wasp & Captain Marvel until after we've seen it?

1 minute ago, Billy Brown said:

My son and I have been watching through the MCU from the start in recent weeks in the hope of getting through everything before Endgame completely disappears from the big screen. It's looking like Monday night may well be the last showing at the nearest decent cinema.

We've just finished Homecoming and have Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity War lined up and ready to go. If we get through those this weekend, will we miss anything important we need to know going into Endgame if we skip Ant-Man and the Wasp & Captain Marvel until after we've seen it?

All you need from Captain Marvel is knowing who she is and what she can do really. The film is an origin for her mostly and doesn't really matter to Endgame. If you've watched a trailer for Captain Marvel you should be alright.

Ant-man and the Wasp ideally you'd have seen, the film itself isn't that important to where Endgame goes but it's post credit scene directly ties into the opening act of Endgame. It's not 100% vital, but you'll have a few moments that will be a case of 'just go with it'. My girlfriend hadn't seen Ant-man and the Wasp before Endgame and was fine with it.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

All you need from Captain Marvel is knowing who she is and what she can do really. The film is an origin for her mostly and doesn't really matter to Endgame. If you've watched a trailer for Captain Marvel you should be alright.

Ant-man and the Wasp ideally you'd have seen, the film itself isn't that important to where Endgame goes but it's post credit scene directly ties into the opening act of Endgame. It's not 100% vital, but you'll have a few moments that will be a case of 'just go with it'. My girlfriend hadn't seen Ant-man and the Wasp before Endgame and was fine with it.

Great, thanks for this. I may well try and get hold of a copy of Ant-Man and the Wasp if we can squeeze it in.

17 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

Great, thanks for this. I may well try and get hold of a copy of Ant-Man and the Wasp if we can squeeze it in.

No worries.

As I said, Ant-man and the Wasp isn't 100% vital, so don't drive yourself mad trying to fit it in. It's not like Endgame doesn't make sense if you've not seen it. Once you've seen Infinity War if you can't fit in Ant-man and the Wasp but want to know the 'important' bit post in here again and I'll give you a 2 liner that gives you everything you need to know ahead of Endgame (and to be honest doesn't markedly spoil Ant-man and the Wasp either)

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No worries.

As I said, Ant-man and the Wasp isn't 100% vital, so don't drive yourself mad trying to fit it in. It's not like Endgame doesn't make sense if you've not seen it. Once you've seen Infinity War if you can't fit in Ant-man and the Wasp but want to know the 'important' bit post in here again and I'll give you a 2 liner that gives you everything you need to know ahead of Endgame (and to be honest doesn't markedly spoil Ant-man and the Wasp either)

Thanks, that's really good of you. I'll be back if needs be!

You could easily go straight from Infinity War to Endgame. Captain Marvel isn’t great anyway and the credits to Ant Man and Wasp are the only ‘important’ bit in that movie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3